Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,279,497 Views | 28677 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Drillbit4
rak1693
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any student or former student from the Texas A&M University System may attend the SEC Engineering career fair as long as they have a way to prove they are/were a student. Your Aggie ring would suffice as proof you were a student. This was the case when I graduated last year. You can call the SEC office to double check.
Dr. Doctor
AG
When I graduated but was still working for A&M, I would just show my Aggie ring and walk by the desk.

Never got stopped; much easier than pulling out the ID card.

~egon
IrishTxAggie
AG
Well that's stupid...
Haystack
Here are some unconventional ways I have seen students and new grads get geology jobs in the recent past:

-A&M career fair while they are in grad school somewhere else
-AAPG student expo (Houston student expo, Rocky Mountain Rendezvous, etc)
-Presenting research and networking at AAPG ACE
-Industry contacts from grad school research
-Mudlogging/wellsite geology for the operator of your choice (these jobs are easy to get and you are way overqualified) --> do a great job --> leverage into internship or part-time work --> full-time geologist
Ag2012
AG
FYI I'm a PETE grad and I just got this email:

The Texas A&M University Harold Vance Department of Petroleum Engineering is pleased to announce that it will host an alumni reception at the 2018 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE). The reception will be held at the Omni Hotel, 555 S. Lamar Street, Dallas, Texas, Trinity Ballroom 4,8 (third floor), on Monday, September 24, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. We ask that alumni planning to attend register online at (https://tamu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cZ4XOc33ArtHhbL).
Rock Ag
AG
Thanks for all the info guys, I'll be sure and attend as many as possible.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Anyone here with Sable Permian Resources?
nu awlins ag
AG
I know some people there...
Nickw8586
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3387047-texas-oil-production-drops-first-time-since-february-2017

Pricing differentials appear to be affecting production numbers.
Drillbit4
AG
jaggiemaggie said:

Anyone here with Sable Permian Resources?

I know some people there as well. What's up?
jaggiemaggie
AG
Sent you a pm. Thanks
jaggiemaggie
AG

A colleague is looking for mudloggers in Permian. You can email me at username at gmail for info.
Premium
AG
What's the spike about this morning? Where is this thing going over the next 12 months?
EnviroAg96
AG
I like reading this guy, he's definitely an oil bull but gives insight on the day-to-day oil price swings and what is behind them:

http://blog.pricegroup.com/2018/09/25/remember-the-glut/#.W6o3n2hKjRY
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Good read, thanks for postIng
ClickClack
AG
Anyone at TechnipFMC? Recently laid off from BP as the Gulf of Mexico lead planner (my entire team was eliminated) and I applied for a Senior Planner role there about 10 days ago.

Also welcome any opportunities you guys may know of - thanks.
nu awlins ag
AG
I'd look at Ensco and Trans Ocean as well. They are starting too pick up some work. Sorry about the news. My neighbor works at BP in the GOM as a mgr.
AgLA06
AG
ClickClack said:

Anyone at TechnipFMC? Recently laid off from BP as the Gulf of Mexico lead planner (my entire team was eliminated) and I applied for a Senior Planner role there about 10 days ago.

Keep in mind titles at TechnipFMC often times don't match industry standards. A planner in most divisions is typically a more entry level role focused on making SAP entries for PMs and Engineers. I've also heard the restructuring is still churning over there so external job postings nay not be real.
Ragoo
AG
AgLA06 said:

ClickClack said:

Keep in mind titles at TechnipFMC often times don't match industry standards. A planner in most divisions is typically a more entry level role focused on making SAP entries for PMs and Engineers. I've also heard the restructuring is still churning over there so external job postings nay not be real.
that function and title is pretty common across OEMs and ERP systems. I wouldn't peg it entry level though.
AgLA06
AG
I'm just telling you how it is there (it's different). The career progression is planner, coordinator, pm. It used to be in the hr literature. Sure there's more experienced people that stay in planning functions, but that's not typical there.
Ragoo
AG
interesting. I am used to the planner being more of an inventory management/warehousing type role, and then scheduling or planning to meet material demands/needs accordingly.
ClickClack
AG
At BP I was managing the rig schedule for GoM (higher level, 10 years) as well as planning and scheduling in 12-week period for all our rigs in GoM for detailed well activity and rig maintenance.
Ragoo
AG
ClickClack said:

At BP I was managing the rig schedule for GoM (higher level, 10 years) as well as planning and scheduling in 12-week period for all our rigs in GoM for detailed well activity and rig maintenance.
look at companies actively drilling in the permian and bakkan

cvx, eog, apache, stat oil (whatever they call themselves now), hess, etc.
AgLA06
AG
Ragoo said:

interesting. I am used to the planner being more of an inventory management/warehousing type role, and then scheduling or planning to meet material demands/needs accordingly.

I wouldn't say that's incorrect, but the structure is product lines supporting projects. So operations has planners (warehouse) and projects has planners. The majority are in projects.
ClickClack
AG
I'll take a look at those, haven't looked too hard in onshore companies but I should.
Wiggletrace
AG
Will any other Aggie geos be at GCAGS in Shreveport next Monday and Tuesday?
Ragoo
AG
ClickClack said:

I'll take a look at those, haven't looked too hard in onshore companies but I should.
i would think the volume of active rigs onshore would mean the need for highly skilled schedulers. And coming from offshore I would bet you are highly skilled.
nu awlins ag
AG
Those companies aren't nearly as active as XTO and Concho. Add Diamondback, SM Energy, Admiral Permian Resources....I could go on and on. Concho acquired RSP who bought Concho's property years back only to sell it back to Concho.

Sable and SM have offices here in Houston. SM does have a nice one next to XTO in Midland.
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm looking for a regulatory compliance analyst to join my team up here in Appalachia. Go to www.blueracermidstream.com and check out our careers page. I'd love to bring another Aggie up here.
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
ClickClack
AG
Thanks talon, you're a good dude. I'll take a look at it!
Talon2DSO
AG
ClickClack said:

Thanks talon, you're a good dude. I'll take a look at it!

It'll be a great help if you have DOT pipeline safety regulation experience. I'm the hiring manager for this one.
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
realwizardharry
AG
Howdy Ags, I posted a thread on the job network board and was directed here. I'm a petroleum engineering student graduating in December and looking for full time work. I have internship experience in the field and office, mostly in reservoir and production, but I am open to anything. Willing to relocate. Please PM me for contact info/resume. Thanks in advance.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Good luck to you but you won't be able to PM since you don't have stars. I'd recommend adding an email address to your profile or adding it to your post.
realwizardharry
AG
I appreciate the response. Fortunately, current students have premium access and are able to PM.
Premium
AG
realwizardharry said:

I appreciate the response. Fortunately, current students have premium access and are able to PM.

He's a wizard, username checks
First Page Last Page
Page 475 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.