Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,279,214 Views | 28676 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Comeby!
BMach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Writings on the wall, they're all done
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I am now hearing that FTSI in Pleasanton was shut down this morning. Anyone hear the same?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
It appears that I may have doled out some bad information. I just heard from another contact at FTSI that Washington and Pleasanton were NOT shutdown. I'll see what else I can find out. Two sources at the same place giving contradictory information is confusing. I guess I'll know which one I can trust after it all shakes out.

I was also told that they are simply moving the Shreveport people and equipment to Longview. That doesn't make much sense but I'll see what I can find out about that, too.
dahouse
AG
I appreciate all the help and networking this past week. I signed an offer from a small owner-operator this afternoon. The Aggie network is alive and well.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
AgLA06
AG
dahouse said:

I appreciate all the help and networking this past week. I signed an offer from a small owner-operator this afternoon. The Aggie network is alive and well.

Congrats! That's awesome.
BMach
AG
The Longview yard has been home to wireline and refurb for a little over a year now. I thought that they may move any frac that is left there. I can tell you that around 300 people walked out with envelopes in Shreveport.
AlaskanAg08
AG
I'm hearing FTS is toast. There are some interesting acquisitions/mergers that are coming in the coiled tubing world sometime in the next few weeks. One makes sense, the other doesn't. Should be interesting.
BMach
AG
What are you hearing on the coil side?
nu awlins ag
AG
dahouse said:

My fee is only 4%....
Talon2DSO
AG
dahouse said:

That's great!! This is how I landed my gig too
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
txaggie_08
AG
Diamondback just announced acquisition of Energen...

http://ir.diamondbackenergy.com/news-releases/news-release-details/diamondback-energy-inc-acquire-energen-corporation-all-stock
jetch17
AG
FANG taking names
Gordo14
txaggie_08 said:

http://ir.diamondbackenergy.com/news-releases/news-release-details/diamondback-energy-inc-acquire-energen-corporation-all-stock
Furlock Bones
AG
more to come in our business. i imagine Oxy didn't sell centurion and ingleside just for fun.
nu awlins ag
AG
txaggie_08 said:

This is big! Know both companies very well. I assume they get the assets in bama since that is where Energen's home base is at. Did work in the black warrior basin way back.
WestTxAg16
AG
I believe Energen divested their Black Warrior and San Juan acreage in years past. FANG is pure Permian and I'd have to think has no desire to acquire any acreage at all outside of the Permian. Interesting to see how the next 12 mos plays out as well.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
What is left of FTS for ProFrac to buy? Aside from real estate in the form of district offices/facilities, I don't see much if any value left at FTS. The large majority of FTS equipment is 6-12 years old with minimal maintenance for the last nearly 4 years. ProFrac already owns FTS's New build and rebuild facilities in Cisco...and has owned for 2 years.

IMO, if the acquisition were to take place, it would have already occurred...
Kool
AG
Anybody heard of Magnolia Oil and Gas? I got a request to ratify a lease in which I am a Non Participating Royalty Interest owner. I've never heard of them before. Thanks if anyone has experience with this company.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Wiggletrace
AG
Kool said:

Anybody heard of Magnolia Oil and Gas? I got a request to ratify a lease in which I am a Non Participating Royalty Interest owner. I've never heard of them before. Thanks if anyone has experience with this company.

Where is the acreage?
Kool
AG
Karnes County. Eagle Ford and Austin Chalk
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gig-Em2003
AG
aka Pace Energy. They just bought Enervest for $2.5B. Managed by Steve Chazen, former CEO of Oxy. Legit company.
Kool
AG
Gracias. That makes sense, as I had interests in a unit developed by Marathon and Enervest. And, at some point, EOG was involved. It's a merry-go-round. Thanks
dahouse
AG
Karnes County makes me cringe. I remember paying $250/night for a Best Western in Cuero, then driving 60 miles to the jobsite.
Cody
Ragoo
AG
dahouse said:

Karnes County makes me cringe. I remember paying $250/night for a Best Western in Cuero, then driving 60 miles to the jobsite.
i would stay at my parent's property then drive down from stockdale.
dahouse
AG
That was back in the 2011-2012 boom. I eventually started staying in Rockport at my in-law's place and driving the 95 miles every day. Lots of windshield time.
Cody
DDSO
AG
I stayed in Seguin for 3.5 years and made the drive down to Karnes County and DeWitt County. 1.5 years in a hotel and 2 years in an apartment.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Gonzales built about five hotels in two years. Problem is it was two years late.
jaggiemaggie
AG
dahouse said:

I had to work 4pm-4am shift for one week of my 2 week rotations and I swear they had the loudest vacuum cleaners ever!
Rock Ag
AG
What networking events do yall recommend for a new graduate trying to land their first job in oil and gas? Ill be graduating with a masters in petroleum engineering and reservoir geology and am looking to land something on the geology side.
Hoyt Ag
AG
You don't have anything lined up already? Internships?
Rock Ag
AG
Unfortunately I dont have anything lined up. I had an internship last summer with a small operator in the Eagle Ford but due to their size, they could not bring on another geologist.
nu awlins ag
AG
A&M Career Day September 11 & 12th. I'll be there gathering intel on prospects and then interviews in October. Try this....
Rock Ag
AG
I'm not attending A&M for my masters degree so I don't think I would be allowed to attend.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yes you can. It's not a closed venue. At least it wasn't for Ag when I was there. Plus, you're an Aggie. Doesn't matter if the masters isn't from A&M.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
looks like that may have changed:

Quote:

• Students must present a valid Texas A&M Student ID to be admitted to the Career Fair exhibition.

https://careerfair.sec.tamu.edu/career-fair/students/fair-information/general-information

however it might be worth calling ahead and asking anyways as a recent A&M grad
First Page Last Page
Page 474 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.