Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,279,024 Views | 28676 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Comeby!
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

What is the going rate these days..?

In 2014 you were guaranteed $500K a day for a floater, when I was laid off at the end of 2015 your be lucky to get $235K a day for the same.

I've been hearing as low as 150k
dahouse
AG
I was just let go this morning. Completely unexpected. If anyone needs a PM/Estimator type with 10 years experience, please let me know.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
IrishTxAggie
AG
A friend of mine just left Technip and don't think they've replaced him yet. Might want to give them a look.
Talon2DSO
AG
Check out dck worldwide in Pittsburgh. SBEC in Houston. Both good companies
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
nu awlins ag
AG
Sorry to hear this. Where are you located?
PPAag06
AG
My father is an executive at SBEC. I can pass along contact info privately if you PM me.
Talon2DSO
AG
Awesome!

It's a great Aggie company. I believe my company uses them on occasion
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
PPAag06
AG
Yes, fantastic organization. My father is an Aggie. I've been trying to get in for years but nobody ever leaves (at least not roles i could slot into).
dahouse
AG
I'm in the Houston area, Katy specifically
Cody
nu awlins ag
AG
I'm in Katy as well. perhaps we could have coffee one morning and we could swap info? It's the least I could do...let me know.
Satellite of Love
nu awlins ag said:

I'm in Katy as well. perhaps we could have coffee one morning and we could swap info? It's the least I could do...let me know.

Dahouse, take nu awlins ag up on his offer. He is a good guy and really does try to help other ags out in the O&G biz.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
ClickClack
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Katy too
dahouse
AG
PM sent to nu awlins
Cody
Ragoo
AG
dahouse said:

PM sent to nu awlins
tried to PM you, gave an error about subscription.
dahouse
AG
Shoot me an email. codyhouse.2004 at gmail.com
Cody
nu awlins ag
AG
Satellite of Love said:

nu awlins ag said:

Dahouse, take nu awlins ag up on his offer. He is a good guy and really does try to help other ags out in the O&G biz.
Appreciate the love Satellite...we're men/women trying to navigate this world, it only makes it easier being Aggies!
BMach
AG
FTSI closed their Shreveport yard down today. Competition is kicking their ass. Rumors are that ProFrac may scoop em up. Wilks brothers getting the band back together.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
third coast.. said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

So has offshore operations jobs seen any uptick yet? I've been waiting 2.5 years now... I miss being on the Jackups, Semis, and Ships.

Me too brother.
So, some good news, I got a call out of the blue from an old boss at a new company - time to dust off the resume
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Shipyard pilot, I assume?
Javelina
AG
BMach said:

FTSI closed their Shreveport yard down today. Competition is kicking their ass. Rumors are that ProFrac may scoop em up. Wilks brothers getting the band back together.
Did they have any crews running out of that yard?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
They had one crew. They were running four crews out of there a few months ago and got undercut by SLB and ProFrac. Conversely, ProFrac opened a yard in Marshall in February and already have four crews running out of it. SLB will soon be running eight or nine crews out of Shreveport.

I think FTSI is finished. They have been laying off in a lot of places recently and I think this leaves them with only four districts.
BMach
AG
Their stock is tanking, aquisition gets cheaper every day. ProFrac's yard in Marshall is growing like crazy.
Javelina
AG
Damn, any idea where FTSI's horsepower went?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Javelina said:

Damn, any idea where FTSI's horsepower went?

I am assuming it is parked somewhere but it doesn't seem like it is being used. I've speculated for a while that I thought the Wilks Bros. would swoop in and buy them when the price was right. They have bled upper management for a while and are bleeding field employees now. I haven't kept close track of their stock much after the IPO but it appears to be down almost 50% from two months ago.
aggie_wes
AG
FTSI has a ton of mothballed/deprecated units in their Aledo yard. I'd guess close to 60 frac trailers. They have been for a long time but there are more and more showing up.
Westicles
AG
Seems like FTSI is alive and well in the Permian. They have some quality crews out here.
Skillet Shot
https://www.oilandgas360.com/texas-jury-nails-frac-company-with-101-million-verdict/

When it rains it pours for FTS
MAROON
AG
Skillet Shot said:

https://www.oilandgas360.com/texas-jury-nails-frac-company-with-101-million-verdict/

When it rains it pours for FTS
what a bs judgement. Back surgery is worth $101mil? No freaking way that stands up on appeal.
Proc92
"According to Hull, the truck driven by FTS driver Acker plowed into the back of a full-size pickup driven by Joshua Patterson, who was returning home from church. Patterson survived the crash, and according to Snow Bush, the attorney for Acker, told the responding police officer he was not injured and continued on with his journey that day. However, Bush said Patterson undertook a regimen of chiropractic treatment and other medical procedures soon after, but ultimately had back surgery on discs in his neck. Following the surgery, according to Bush, Patterson, who had been a crane operator, was no longer able to work."

plaintiff lawyer/shady dr racket. willing to cut on people just to keep up the charade.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
To be fair, in one article that I read, the FTS driver tested positive for marijuana and methamphetamines in the post accident drug screen. He also admitted that training documents were falsified. That is likely the reason for the large amount. I imagine the penalty will be appealed and reduced. Just a guess though.
Bismarck
AG
That's a huge judgment even if it was a wrongful death case. I would expect an appeal in short order.
RK
AG
Quote:

Snow Bush
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I was just informed that FTSI closed down their Washington, PA district today. As far as I know, that leaves three districts still running.

It's hard to believe they made it through 2015/2016 and can't make it now. Probably should have kept their equipment better maintenanced. Oh well, no love lost on my part.
First Page Last Page
Page 473 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.