Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,278,892 Views | 28676 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Comeby!
MavsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty much. We have sales people in the field who do a good job of tracking the changes monthly, but like you said for the smaller guys it's a little tougher. Although, in aggregate I think the changes from the small guys wash out for the most part.
htxag09
AG
Thanks! I assume those are US numbers? And y'all don't keep track of any HP info do you?
BMach
AG
How many are working in the Haynesville?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Pipeline explosion in Midland. Injuries reported. No fatalities as of now.

https://www.roughneckcity.com/roughneck-city/oilfieldnews/1249/7-injured-in-midland-texas-pipeline-explosion
Talon2DSO
AG
As a fellow pipeliner, these are tough stories to read. My prayers are with these guys
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
Comeby!
AG
Talon2DSO said:

As a fellow pipeliner, these are tough stories to read. My prayers are with these guys

You still do pipeline regulatory consulting?
Talon2DSO
AG
Comeby! said:

Talon2DSO said:

I got picked up by an operator. I'm now their DOT Compliance manager. Being on my own was short lived
Ragoo
AG
Starting with an operator in Houston on Monday. Also midstream
Talon2DSO
AG
Comeby! said:

Talon2DSO said:

I got picked up by an operator. I'm now their DOT Compliance manager. Being on my own was short lived. I love where I'm working now. Great people and company. More importantly, I'm overseeing all DOT related programs. Its giving me great experience in a niche practice.
MavsAg
AG
We include Canada as well, but don't have anything on HP.

We tracked 29 crews in the Haynesville in July
Comeby!
AG
Nice! I remembered you were. Asking because we got ourselves a midstream asset during an acquisition. Having to set up and deal with t-4's etc.
Talon2DSO
AG
Comeby! said:

Nice! I remembered you were. Asking because we got ourselves a midstream asset during an acquisition. Having to set up and deal with t-4's etc.

That's awesome! Feel free to reach out if you need help with it. I'm happy to lend a hand. I did a few acquisitions of midstream assets and have a due diligence background. Lots of hair on the deal is found by conducting a compliance audit of the asset.
Ulrich
An awful lot of companies outspent 2Q capex projections in the Permian. I think that's concerning investors and giving a lot of tepid price reactions to otherwise solid earnings calls.
ClickClack
AG
Got laid off by BP this week. I survived the previous 2 layoffs over the past 3 years. Oil at $70 and now they get me. Everyone on my team gone. I've been there 7 years, most of my career at this point.
Ulrich
That sucks man, I'm sorry.

On the plus side, this is a much better time to be looking for an O&G job and you have a major on your resume. Good luck!
aggiemike02
AG
sorry to hear that but as Ulrich said, good time to be looking (if there's ever a good time).

what were you (and your group) doing for them?
ClickClack
AG
Thanks. It sucks and I don't really understand why I was eliminated as I felt pretty good going into it, but it'll be okay. As you guys said, the market is much better now than it was 2 years ago (whether I stay in O&G or something else). Also, they are pretty generous with their severance package so I'll have a little time, although I hope to make it work for me and get something sooner.

I did planning for them, my education is in engineering and I worked with engineering mostly, but basically managed rig scheduling for an entire region (GoM) by myself.
Maverick06
AG
PXD is hiring a Area Field Development supervisor right now.
nu awlins ag
AG
Sorry to hear this. I have a few friends and a neighbor friend of mine who work at BP. He's a mgr in the GOM and the others work in west/east Texas groups. I have few contacts here in Houston if you are interested.
ClickClack
AG
Thank you guys. I'll look into that and I'll send you a PM nu awlins
SpreadsheetAg
AG
So has offshore operations jobs seen any uptick yet? I've been waiting 2.5 years now... I miss being on the Jackups, Semis, and Ships.
Post removed:
by user
Fightin_Aggie
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

So has offshore operations jobs seen any uptick yet? I've been waiting 2.5 years now... I miss being on the Jackups, Semis, and Ships.
I do not believe so. The last I researched it they were seeing a bottom the middle of this tear. So they may start a slow sprawl back out soon.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Comeby!
AG
Thanks!

Is it mostly RRC compliance or are there other governing bodies we need to be looking at?
JD Shellnut
AG
Construction on the MVP pipeline in West Virginia and Virginia was shut down today by a courts ruling.
Talon2DSO
AG
Comeby! said:

Thanks!

Is it mostly RRC compliance or are there other governing bodies we need to be looking at?

They likely enforce on behalf of PHMSA. I'm not familiar with Texas pipeline regs. I'm West Virginia, Ohio, and PA
The Original AG 76
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

I do not believe so. The last I researched it they were seeing a bottom the middle of this tear. So they may start a slow sprawl back out soon.
I hope you arent waiting for ANYTHING like the offshore industry we saw before the bust. It is highly unlikely that that type of robust activity will return for decades IF EVER. Deepwater is simply too expensive in light of out of control regulation and the MASSIVE over reaction to Deepwater Horizon. Plus the fracing revolution has made ultra expensive deepwater simply un economical. My old company , which is 100% offshore, has finally realized the very limited future in the offshore oil biddness and has returned to the great old days of stealing PTO, abusing employees and spending millions on useless corporate parasites instead of even bothering to imitate a legit engineering and manufacturing company!
Ragoo
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

I hope you arent waiting for ANYTHING like the offshore industry we saw before the bust. It is highly unlikely that that type of robust activity will return for decades IF EVER. Deepwater is simply too expensive in light of out of control regulation and the MASSIVE over reaction to Deepwater Horizon. Plus the fracing revolution has made ultra expensive deepwater simply un economical. My old company , which is 100% offshore, has finally realized the very limited future in the offshore oil biddness and has returned to the great old days of stealing PTO, abusing employees and spending millions on useless corporate parasites instead of even bothering to imitate a legit engineering and manufacturing company!
i think you will see and are seeing expansion of existing platforms instead of building out new
The Original AG 76
AG
Ragoo said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

i think you will see and are seeing expansion of existing platforms instead of building out new

Yes sir I agree but that isn't exactly a path to any significant offshore jobs boom
tommyjohn
Ya'll are digging a grave for offshore, including deep water, way too soon. The business has had to adapt but newbuild FPUs are not going away, even in the GOM.
AgLA06
AG
tommyjohn said:

Ya'll are digging a grave for offshore, including deep water, way too soon. The business has had to adapt but newbuild FPUs are not going away, even in the GOM.

They said this immediately after Macondo when I got in. They were wrong then too.
tommyjohn
Exxon has said they have up to 4 billion barrels in Guyana and will need as many as 5 FPSOs

Shell, Chevron and BP have all reaffirmed commitment and/or confirmed discoveries that will require new FPUs in the GOM this year.

Things in Brazil are starting to normalize. New developments coming in Mexico, West Africa and the list goes on. Offshore is nowhere near dead.
59 South
AG
#MOGA
tommyjohn
The highest day rates for MODUs are now currently being awarded in the North Sea.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
What is the going rate these days..?

In 2014 you were guaranteed $500K a day for a floater, when I was laid off at the end of 2015 your be lucky to get $235K a day for the same.
First Page Last Page
Page 472 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.