Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,280,053 Views | 28678 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by TxAg20
MROD92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks
sts7049
AG
looks like shell is bidding for BHP's shale stuff

https://uk.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/shell-blackstone-working-on-10-billion-joint-bid-for-bhps-us-shale-assets--sky-news-1072082
gougler08
AG
sts7049 said:

looks like shell is bidding for BHP's shale stuff

https://uk.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/shell-blackstone-working-on-10-billion-joint-bid-for-bhps-us-shale-assets--sky-news-1072082
Ol Ben didn't mention that during his townhall to US staff yesterday
nu awlins ag
AG
They need something here....
sts7049
AG
yeah, he left this nugget out
Bismarck
AG
Interesting. I wonder what Vine would think of a Shell/Blackstone JV in the Haynesville.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Doubt they would care too much. Blackstone also heavily invested in GeoSouthern Haynesville through GSO. Blackstone also heavily invested in LNG via Cheniere. Blackstone going very long this part of the world.
Cyp0111
Blackstone/GSO also all up in another haynesville player. vine oil and gas
Boat Shoes
AG
More Haynesville action.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3337867-wsj-tellurian-talks-buy-louisiana-fields-chesapeake-energy?uprof=45#/email_link
Gig-Em2003
AG
Yes. I was replying to comment about whether or not vine would care if their sponsor was investing in another regional player.
Goose06
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

Yes. I was replying to comment about whether or not vine would care if their sponsor was investing in another regional player.

To this point, Encap has like 15 Permian investments. I doubt Sabalo or Scala or Felix etc are too worried about that.
Texas A & M
Arnold Schwarzenegger speaking at SXSW today:

Quote:

Schwarzenegger's heading to an environmental conference in Vienna in May and he's exploring how to go after oil companies, which have known since 1959 that their products would likely cause global climate change, he said. He compared that along with worldwide deaths caused by air pollution from fossil fuels to first-degree murder.

"I'm talking to law firms to go and do exactly the same thing that they're done with the tobacco industries, where we sue the oil companies for knowingly killing people all over the world," he said. "We are going after them and we're going to be in there like an Alabama tick."

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/local/governator-backs-flexing-legal-muscle-against-polluting-oil-companies/dxCbPiAK9OTQFbxdUVFqoO/
BiochemAg97
AG
Texas A & M said:

Quote:

Schwarzenegger's heading to an environmental conference in Vienna in May and he's exploring how to go after oil companies, which have known since 1959 that their products would likely cause global climate change, he said. He compared that along with worldwide deaths caused by air pollution from fossil fuels to first-degree murder.

"I'm talking to law firms to go and do exactly the same thing that they're done with the tobacco industries, where we sue the oil companies for knowingly killing people all over the world," he said. "We are going after them and we're going to be in there like an Alabama tick."

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/local/governator-backs-flexing-legal-muscle-against-polluting-oil-companies/dxCbPiAK9OTQFbxdUVFqoO/

Amazing that they knew way back in '59, especially given the prevailing climate change theory of the 70s was we were going to have an ice age. So were the oil companies products causing the global cooling in the 70s but by the 90s they were causing global warming.
Bismarck
AG
How's he getting to Vienna? By sail?
lawless89
Wonder how he plans to run his Hummer collection.
FHKChE07
AG
He is turning all of those electric. On Jay Leno's car show this season he showed off a G Wagen that he had converted and talked about how he was in the process of converting one of his hummers.
txaggie_08
AG
FHKChE07 said:

He is turning all of those electric. On Jay Leno's car show this season he showed off a G Wagen that he had converted and talked about how he was in the process of converting one of his hummers.

How does he charge those electric cars?
Boat Shoes
AG
txaggie_08 said:

FHKChE07 said:

How does he charge those electric cars?
With electricity?
Corps_Ag12
AG
Nobody thinks about how the electricity is made.
Boat Shoes
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Nobody thinks about how the electricity is made.
A kite and a key?
Gordo14
Texas A & M said:

Quote:

Presumably he flew an airplane to SXSW. Does that mean he's an accomplice to murder?

Environmentalists trying to equate oil production to the tobacco industry have a huge fundamental flaw in their argument. Modern society isn't only possible with tobacco. So **** them and their bs moral equivalence game.
FHKChE07
AG
Don't get me wrong, he is a hypocrite. I just thought it was an interesting point of context.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
another interesting point of context is that California produces just shy of 500k bpd of crude oil, and yet they use 1.7MM bpd of crude. so if push came to shove and the industry decided they wanted to flex back at california, I cant imagine it would take long for them to see who had the bigger stick to swing
Ag2012
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

another interesting point of context is that California produces just shy of 500k bpd of crude oil, and yet they use 1.7MM bpd of crude. so if push came to shove and the industry decided they wanted to flex back at california, I cant imagine it would take long for them to see who had the bigger stick to swing
It worked so well the last time an energy company manipulated prices and supply to Californian markets, I'm sure the Feds would just stand idly by...
Boat Shoes
AG
Devon selling a portion of their Barnett holdings to an undisclosed buyer.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3337349-devon-energy-sell-part-barnett-shale-assets-533m
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
i know i know, but a guy can dream
Pabby
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Devon selling a portion of their Barnett holdings to an undisclosed buyer.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3337349-devon-energy-sell-part-barnett-shale-assets-533m
Fleur de Lis
VaultingChemist
AG
Any thoughts about this article?

Reality Check

Quote:

What all that means is that for the American (public) shale oil industry to pay off its 230 billion dollar indebtedness it must produce, starting tomorrow, at $60 oil prices, 8.9 billion more barrels of oil ! None of those barrels can be used to replace reserves, or pay shareholder dividends, none can be used to grow reserves or will help America get closer to the land of plenty the EIA promises; those are barrels needed just to get out of existing debt. Between now and then the interest to be paid on that $230B of long term debt is enough to choke a big horse.

Quote:

So, essentially everything the US shale oil industry has produced over the past decade, in two of the three largest shale basins in North America, its going to have to do again... 3.75 more times. It has to produce the equivalent of another two Eagle Ford's and one and a half more Bakkens...just to get out of debt.
Ag2012
AG
An obscure/irrelevant website posted a predictably dumb, ill-informed article. It's so logically flawed it's almost like they were trying their hand at satire. O&G exploration and production is an extremely capital intensive business so by nature it's going to be heavy on debt financing. As long as you can service the debt though, you can create tremendous shareholder value and accelerate returns to the business. An independent E&P probably isn't going to be paying dividends but they're creating plenty of value in terms of capital gains.
aggie_wes
AG
Wonder what their thoughts on the National debt are.
aggie028
No doubt some companies are destroying capital but Im skeptical of the analysis. Seems like debt/ebitda is too low for the top shale producers for this to be accurate.
jetch17
AG
EnerVest Announces Sale of Eagle Ford and Austin Chalk Assets for $2.66 Billion

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/03/20/1442791/0/en/EnerVest-Announces-Sale-of-Eagle-Ford-and-Austin-Chalk-Assets-for-2-66-Billion-to-TPG-Pace-Energy-Holdings.html
nu awlins ag
AG
$63.37...after taking spring break off, it is nice to see oil doing well. If it would just stay at this level for a while...
SidetrackAg
AG
Don't know if i should ask here, but what does "leverage debt" mean? Any simple examples?
GarlandAg2012
AG
In simple terms leverage is borrowed money. So leverage debt in the context of oil & gas could mean a company borrows against their existing production to fund future capex/opex with debt (borrowed money) rather than equity (selling part of the company) or cashflow (perhaps they are trying to develop more than what their cashflow will cover). When you borrow money against your producing wells, you will owe interest on it so a "leverage debt" payment would be paying the interest owed on that debt.
First Page Last Page
Page 454 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.