Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,280,269 Views | 28678 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TxAg20
TxAg20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's hard to conclude any actual numbers from the TPH release as that's talking about Riverstone's public arm's ROI. The public arm takes a portion (I've heard 25% is typical) of many of Riverstone PE's investments at slightly different terms. Any ROI would be calculated after 3ROC's waterfall or carry.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Anyone here have direct dealings or use with organoclay? Not looking to sell you any (unless you need it) more a question that someone in another department asked me.

PM or email me at stpaulaggie at yahoo dot com

Thanks
KaneIsAble
AG
And here comes 25% on all carbon imports. Huge huge deal.
AgLA06
AG
Link or something?
KaneIsAble
AG
Fox news, CNN, MSNBC all have articles on the front page.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/01/dow-plummets-420-points-after-trump-announces-steel-tariffs.html

Talon2DSO
AG
KaneIsAble said:

And here comes 25% on all carbon imports. Huge huge deal.

Oh boy....line pipe is going to get pretty expensive.
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
TheVarian
AG
Damn, we are going to be dipping deep into our surplus at those prices.

Wonder how 3rd party flippers will be
Talon2DSO
AG
Utilities and downstream regulated markets have tight margins and there are a number of distribution replacement projects. It can really screw those projects up.
Pahdz
yikes, just priced out some carbon for a couple power plant projects in Ohio and Illinois about a month ago. Fluffed my margins enough to not figure escalators would not be needed. Whoops...thankfully was not a huge amount of pipe.
peteratm02
AG
Pahdz said:

...thankfully was not a huge amount of pipe.

That's what she said.
aggie028
Yeah that's true. If I assume Riverstone held A shares with 8% pref and they get 80% of the winnings, my math shows the multiple should be about the same for them and 3ROC but that's just an assumption.
74OA
AG
US Production Booming
Comeby!
AG
A little off topic but I know his group attacts from all places.

Anyone here work in the metal coatings (hardening industry? I'm interested in hearing about what each industry does to harden steel or metal components for metal to metal contact. Tia
nu awlins ag
AG
Key concern going forward is upstream investment has changed little since 15'/16'. Demand growth is set to average at a fairly robust 1.1 percent a year through 2023. All in all, not a bad forecast for the industry.
TxAg20
AG
Ken Hersh (NGP co-founder, geopolitical and economic expert) predicted last week in a small group meeting that U.S. production will peak at round 12 million bbls/day. Mark Papa was quoted in today's WSJ that U.S. production growth estimates are overly optimistic.

Another Hersh prediction of note is that Permian gas price received may go to $0 in the coming years as supply will grow much faster than takeaway capacity.

nu awlins ag
AG
The IEA revised US growth production saying the US would be producing nearly 17 million barrels a day in 2023. Crazy....
Cyp0111
Prob some truth to that statement regarding nat gas. Look at the waha basis.
TxAg20
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Prob some truth to that statement regarding nat gas. Look at the waha basis.

I think it's plausible with the way things are going. He did say that when it goes to $0, infrastructure will be built quickly and it will return to normal.
mts6175
AG
Anyone here have a recommendation on a drilling consultant for some SWD work in the Permian? Have several projects coming up and the current drilling consultant my employer used is "no longer available" to me, as I was told.
MROD92
Anyone have insight regarding how to break in as a NACE coating inspector?
JD Shellnut
AG
MROD92 said:

Anyone have insight regarding how to break in as a NACE coating inspector?

Do you have your NACE level 1? What field are you looking for?
MROD92
I actually have NACE level II. I'll be candid, my background is conducting investigations. Some of my former coworkers got into this and have done well themselves in Eagleford. I just haven't been able to break in after obtaining my certs
Talon2DSO
AG
I've been considering taking the NACE course. Wouldn't hurt having that under my belt...especially since I also manage our IMP.
20ag12
AG
Most of the guys I come across in the field all work through third party inspection companies that's probably where I'd start and the easiest path in. I know most of the guys here in West Texas can't keep up. I've got my CIP 2 but work for a coatings manufacturer.
ElAmericano
How are day rates looking out in the fiend for D&C?

I remember the days when drilling consultants were pulling $2000 - $2500k per day, mud engineers +$1500 / day, loggers +$1200 a day, DD's....crazy money.

Are any guys pulling over a $1000 a day out on the rigs anymore?
TxAg20
AG
mts6175 said:

Anyone here have a recommendation on a drilling consultant for some SWD work in the Permian? Have several projects coming up and the current drilling consultant my employer used is "no longer available" to me, as I was told.

I don't, but good luck. There are a lot of hacks out here who think they're drilling consultants.
IrishTxAggie
AG
mts6175 said:

I know a guy...

RK
AG
why am I just now noticing the genius of the hardest working man in oil having solitaire on his screen?
IrishTxAggie
AG
RK said:

why am I just now noticing the genius of the hardest working man in oil having solitaire on his screen?

This photo was photoshopped after Barnes. Notice the calendar too.
RK
AG
ha. nice.
Talon2DSO
AG
I love the "I'm exhausted" selfie pic he took. Isn't he posing a chick now on texags?
MROD92
Not to detail thread could you provide a website or names of some of the third party companies you'd suggest?

TIA
mts6175
AG
ElAmericano said:

How are day rates looking out in the fiend for D&C?

I remember the days when drilling consultants were pulling $2000 - $2500k per day, mud engineers +$1500 / day, loggers +$1200 a day, DD's....crazy money.

Are any guys pulling over a $1000 a day out on the rigs anymore?
$1600/day seems to be the going number I'm being told.

I'll give Barnes a call, I forgot about that dude.......
teecoy
AG
1400-1800/d for drilling consultants
20ag12
AG
Here's just a couple:
http://www.capitalinspectors.com/
http://tulsainspection.com/

First Page Last Page
Page 453 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.