Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,280,046 Views | 28678 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by TxAg20
Ag CPA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OPEC back to jawboning the price of oil up, feels like 2015 again.
nu awlins ag
AG
They've cut production by 80,000 a day which is better than nothing. Motiva is starting back up which is also another bright spot. Goldman warned that demand "could fall" considerably due to the storms. Really, in other words "supply" would fall since those refineries aren't up and running. People still "demand" oil/gas, there is just no way of producing when storms hit. There are still places in Houston that don't have full supplies of gas/diesel, or according to Goldman, demand.
BiochemAg97
AG
nu awlins ag said:

They've cut production by 80,000 a day which is better than nothing. Motiva is starting back up which is also another bright spot. Goldman warned that demand "could fall" considerably due to the storms. Really, in other words "supply" would fall since those refineries aren't up and running. People still "demand" oil/gas, there is just no way of producing when storms hit. There are still places in Houston that don't have full supplies of gas/diesel, or according to Goldman, demand.
I'm assume Goldman is saying demand for oil, whereas unsupplied gas stations demonstrate a demand for gasoline.
BQ_2010
AG
I will have a really nice Northwest Midland apartment available for sublease starting Oct 23rd and going through lease end of Feb 1st. Reply with your email if interested or know of someone interested. It is a 1 bedroom located in the Anatole on Briarwood complex.
aggies12thman
AG
Starting to push the 51$ handle after today's EIA report.

Hopefully 1Q next year we will see a significant uptick in drilling activity.
1876er
AG
aggies12thman said:

Starting to push the 51$ handle after today's EIA report.

Hopefully 1Q next year we will see a significant uptick in drilling activity.

I wouldn't count on it. We're still seeing gains at $50. A significant uptick in drilling activity would bring prices down further.
nu awlins ag
AG
Still have a crap load of DUC's out there and not many frac operators to perform them. I could see prices at $50-$55 for next year and maybe a tad higher depending on how demand picks up.
Skillet Shot
Officially moving to Houston to start my new job next week. Be back near family, new exciting job opportunity and excited to get back out to the coast again for some fall fishing and duck hunting.. Life is good!
nu awlins ag
AG
Good. Where you moving from?
Skillet Shot
Fort Worth. Slowly turning into an O&G ghost town with the Barnett companies all pulling out. Still quite a few private companies though.
nu awlins ag
AG
I know. That area has been slowly dying over the years except for XTO and a few others. What area are you moving to?
Ulrich
Everything is starting to fall into place for prices to strengthen, depending on just how short the cycle is to crank up all those ducs and how quickly OPEC mashes the accelerator again.
tamuags08
AG
nu awlins ag said:

I know. That area has been slowly dying over the years except for XTO and a few others. What area are you moving to?
I think I read XTO/Exxon has moved all non-barnett shale specific jobs to the main Exxon campus in the Woodlands.
Joseph Parrish
AG
tamuags08 said:

nu awlins ag said:

I think I read XTO/Exxon has moved all non-barnett shale specific jobs to the main Exxon campus in the Woodlands.
I'd bet they move a lot of jobs (from all over) to that new campus.
nu awlins ag
AG
Exxon, yes, XTO I'm not sure. I deal with some in Ft. Worth for Permian based stuff. Exxon pretty much keeps their hands off of them. A good friend of mine is Mgr. for them in east Texas and he ain't going nowhere.
txaggie_08
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Exxon, yes, XTO I'm not sure. I deal with some in Ft. Worth for Permian based stuff. Exxon pretty much keeps their hands off of them. A good friend of mine is Mgr. for them in east Texas and he ain't going nowhere.

Pretty sure entire XTO Ft Worth office is moving to Exxon Headquarters in Spring next year.
nu awlins ag
AG
If that is the case, they'll lose a lot of talent.
Skillet Shot
Majority of XTO employees will be moved to the Woodlands. Some of the Barnett/East TX ops personnel will remain behind, but only a small percentage. I'm sure there will be a few new companies form with employees not willing to leave FW.
mts6175
AG
The XTO move was already discussed on this thread months ago. They are moving most in FW to The Woodlands.
Comeby!
AG
nu awlins ag said:

I think I know who you are talking about.
74OA
AG
Oil prices not going up anytime soon: Problem Children

"However, Libya and Nigeria are pumping out so much new oil that, combined with robust output from the U.S., they are keeping the world well supplied with crude and weighing down prices, said Ian Taylor, chief executive of Vitol Group, the world's largest independent oil trader.

Mr. Taylor said he doesn't see oil reaching $60 a barrel this year. "I would be very surprised to see it with a six in front of it before the end of the year," he said. "I don't think it's going to happen.""

TommyGun
AG
74OA said:

"However, Libya and Nigeria are pumping out so much new oil that, combined with robust output from the U.S., they are keeping the world well supplied with crude and weighing down prices, said Ian Taylor, chief executive of Vitol Group, the world's largest independent oil trader.

Mr. Taylor said he doesn't see oil reaching $60 a barrel this year. "I would be very surprised to see it with a six in front of it before the end of the year," he said. "I don't think it's going to happen.""

Lots of opinions out there at the moment. Hamm gave a pretty good interview yesterday and touched on the new oil coming out of Africa. He thinks the EIA should revise their numbers down another 300-400k barrels for US crude outlook and that would offset the surge of new production from international plays.

Harold Hamm Interview
techno-ag
AG
Era of cheap oil continues.
Gordo14
The structure of the futures curve finally went into backwardation, which is actually pretty bullish for oil. Inventory levels dropping around the world (good article from Bloomberg about it the other day) and very strong demand growth for crude. I don't think the price of oil is going to take off or anything, but it looks like it will be pretty stable and likely slowly rise going forward.
AgLA06
AG
Agreed. We're actually starting to see the smallest hope of uptick in Subsea. And not in the "we have to be positive for appearances sake". It won't boom, but I'm starting to think we've seen the bottom in Subsea which is earlier than what I expected.
74OA
AG
TommyGun said:

74OA said:

Lots of opinions out there at the moment. Hamm gave a pretty good interview yesterday and touched on the new oil coming out of Africa. He thinks the EIA should revise their numbers down another 300-400k barrels for US crude outlook and that would offset the surge of new production from international plays.

Harold Hamm Interview
Iraq and Iran aren't anywhere near fully back on line yet, so they need to be factored into the equation, too. I also wonder to what extent the explosion in natural gas might displace some portion of the oil market.......
Gordo14
Oil prices doing pretty well today. Bent over $59. It's only a matter of time (exporting) before wti catches back up a bit.
nu awlins ag
AG
Bet is the oil producers will extend their cuts past March of 2018. I think many are just now realizing how dependent their economy is on the revenue. Who care's how much you produce, the objective is to make money and maintain the balance sheets of some of these countries. Hedge funds are raising their bets that prices will continue to grow. There is tightening in the market and the next big shoe to drop will be demand by China and Europe going forward.
terradactylexpress
AgLA06 said:

Agreed. We're actually starting to see the smallest hope of uptick in Subsea. And not in the "we have to be positive for appearances sake". It won't boom, but I'm starting to think we've seen the bottom in Subsea which is earlier than what I expected.

Opposite of what we have been seeing recently
aggie_wes
AG
If any of you guys are still out of a job or maybe need to get out before the other shoe falls (sorry subsea guys), my company is looking to hire a few engineers for our Completions group based in Fort Worth. Hit me up if anyone is interested. LINK TO JOB BOARD POST
nu awlins ag
AG
Huge drop in inventories of 6 million barrel vs. expectations of a 756,000 decrease. Some analysts are touting that the markets have largely rebalanced. Citigroup has forecast WTI at $54 a barrel and Brent at $58 in the 4th quarter. Good for the end of 2017 and going into 2018. There is still talk of extending the cuts through 2018...
PeekingDuck
AG
Looks like the false production reports are starting to show through.
AgLA06
AG
PeekingDuck said:

Looks like the false production reports are starting to show through.
It only took 3 years. Think it takes another 3 years to correct?
Post removed:
by user
Ag CPA
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Huge drop in inventories of 6 million barrel vs. expectations of a 756,000 decrease. Some analysts are touting that the markets have largely rebalanced. Citigroup has forecast WTI at $54 a barrel and Brent at $58 in the 4th quarter. Good for the end of 2017 and going into 2018. There is still talk of extending the cuts through 2018...

The record 2mm bbls of daily exports spooked traders late in the session; that is an amazing number but makes since given the current spread with Brent. Should be interesting to see which way the market goes in coming days, just can't seem to hang on above $50.
First Page Last Page
Page 436 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.