Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,278,939 Views | 28676 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Comeby!
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
thepartygoat said:

Is it me or does he look super annoyed. It's a hilarious picture...meme worthy!
Even though an Ag, that's his, "Texas, you're fracking killing me", look as Energy Minister.
nu awlins ag
AG
Man, that is a nice ring. Is that a newer finish? I'm 10 years younger and my ring looks way older and more worn than his.
dragmagpuff
AG
I believe Muslim males don't wear yellow gold, so they usually get alternate metals.
Comeby!
AG
Off topic question: Do any of your know of anyone selling wireline trucks or grease units. Asking for a friend....
nu awlins ag
AG
dragmagpuff said:

I believe Muslim males don't wear yellow gold, so they usually get alternate metals.
Thank you.
nu awlins ag
AG
Comeby! said:

Off topic question: Do any of your know of anyone selling wireline trucks or grease units. Asking for a friend....
He wants to buy one or several and new/used? I assume used. I'll do some digging later on to see what I can find....

Auctions I looked at had zero units for sale. Was told try Canada Oilfield Equipment, for used units. Not sure if this helps. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend of mine.
Comeby!
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Comeby! said:

He wants to buy one or several and new/used? I assume used. I'll do some digging later on to see what I can find....

Auctions I looked at had zero units for sale. Was told try Canada Oilfield Equipment, for used units. Not sure if this helps. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend of mine.

Used preferably. They bought a few 3-4 months ago. I know the auction houses have them but not sure what the going rate is.
BiochemAg97
AG
Interesting how the Saudi Energy Minister and the US Sec of Energy are both Ags.

Is there a survey of how many sitting high ranking officials graduated from what school? We seem to be doing OK in that area.
One Tooth Man
I too loaded up on SN two days ago. I tried catching a falling knife and I'm regretting my timing now.

Any inside baseball here?
74OA
AG
74OA said:

Saudi Energy Minister

As I suggested, he's not happy about Texas........
nu awlins ag
AG
74OA said:

74OA said:

Saudi Energy Minister

As I suggested, he's not happy about Texas........
Well, we aren't apart of OPEC so what does he expect and want the US to do? Surely he understands the economics of the industry in the US. While the US can increase its production, it is nowhere near what they could do IF they wanted to. The markets will rebalance themselves by late 3rd or early 4th quarters. Prices won't take off until mid 2018 or so, but I firmly believe prices will settled around $57-$61 by years end which at that price is more than enough for most operators to make a living. Even a major GOM operator said at the prices right now, they can make money. That is how well they have their costs under control.
74OA
AG
Oh, I agree. The law of unintended effects is in full play as regards the Saudi's attempt to drive US shale producers out of business. In many respects, they have created their own nemesis........

MORE.....
HoustonAg2014
AG
The question is will OPEC really cut and will Russia comply as well? As long as the US continues to pump the rig count, we are going to piss countries off who agree to comply. If they are content with the US making a killing during driving season that's great but I just don't see it... Personally I see mid $40 oil before I see $60.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

The question is will OPEC really cut and will Russia comply as well? As long as the US continues to pump the rig count, we are going to piss countries off who agree to comply. If they are content with the US making a killing during driving season that's great but I just don't see it... Personally I see mid $40 oil before I see $60.
nu awlins ag
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

These countries NEED the oil money to keep afloat. Again, the US can pump out oil, but not like some of those OPEC members can. They could totally flood the market and kill it, the US ain't there yet in terms of oil production.
Rock Ag
AG
I have a quick question about the upcoming OTC in Houston. Im currently a first year masters student studying petroleum engineering and reservoir geology and was wondering if OTC is a good place to network? I understand that it is more of a trade show for different companies but do companies have any recruiters at this event?
Ragoo
AG
There will be people passing out resumes. They will be annoying.

If you go I would simply go to see and experience industry and make a list of companies that impress you to follow up with later.
Aggielandma12
AG
OTC and NAPE are like high school reunions
Talon2DSO
AG
Ragoo said:

If you go I would simply go to see and experience industry and make a list of companies that impress you to follow up with later.

They might be annoying but please understand where they are.coming from. Many of them will have families on the verge of falling apart. Many of them are about to lose a home, their vehicles, etc. It's a horrible situation that becomes desperate after being unemployed for a year or more. For some, getting a job, any job, is the difference between getting divorced this year or getting to keep the family together. We judge each other a ton but being unemployed adds an incredible amount of stress on a family.
Ragoo
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Ragoo said:

They might be annoying but please understand where they are.coming from. Many of them will have families on the verge of falling apart. Many of them are about to lose a home, their vehicles, etc. It's a horrible situation that becomes desperate after being unemployed for a year or more. For some, getting a job, any job, is the difference between getting divorced this year or getting to keep the family together. We judge each other a ton but being unemployed adds an incredible amount of stress on a family.
while all of this may be true, the only people I saw trying to give out resumes last year were younger people which is where my initial comment came from. I see how it could come across as lacking empathy though.
Comeby!
AG
The fact that younger people are willing to spend $300-400 out of pocket just to be in the same room with potential employers is saying something.
Rock Ag
AG
It would be free for me to attend since I'm a student. Was not planning on walking around handing out resumes, but was going to have a couple on me just in case.
Talon2DSO
AG
Ragoo said:

Talon2DSO said:

Ragoo said:

while all of this may be true, the only people I saw trying to give out resumes last year were younger people which is where my initial comment came from. I see how it could come across as lacking empathy though.

Yeah I can see the young ones being annoying. They're ready to take on the world without taking their lumps first. My apologies too, I didn't mean to misjudge your post
Houston Lee
AG
Ag Futbol said:

I have a quick question about the upcoming OTC in Houston. Im currently a first year masters student studying petroleum engineering and reservoir geology and was wondering if OTC is a good place to network? I understand that it is more of a trade show for different companies but do companies have any recruiters at this event?
OTC is an awesome place to network. I have been to OTC for 20 years straight. Go and talk to as many people as you can. Look up all the technical sessions and see if any interest you. Go to some of the industry breakfasts and lunches. I can get about 3 months worth of sales calls done in 3 days worth of networking and talking.

Bring your resume
Make a business card with your info on it to hand out as well
Find out the key HR people for each company that interests you. More than likely that company will have a booth at OTC.
Get names and cards of people in each company an hook up with them on LinkedIn.com.
Make sure your profile in LinkedIn.com mirrors your resume.
You can spend 3-4 days there and see every company and walk down every aisle.
nu awlins ag
AG
Comeby! said:

The fact that younger people are willing to spend $300-400 out of pocket just to be in the same room with potential employers is saying something.
Bingo. My job is to help OUR industry grow and I'll help anyone out that takes those kind of steps AND pulls their weight to help themselves. I volunteer at our church with a group to help people find jobs and I find it rewarding when I can help someone land a gig.
HoustonAg2014
AG
With gasoline continuing to build with lack of demand, oil will stay low even if there are larger draws of crude than expected kind of like this morning. A lot of what is keeping the oil price low is gasoline demand. That is why last week when there was a weak crude draw AND a week gasoline draw, oil prices plummeted. If both were positive this morning then oil would have made a pretty good jump this morning but it didn't. That would have shown signs that people are starting to drive more and more gasoline is being pulled.

As far as Russia, there is an article below. I made my comments last week around this time and I am sticking to them. I am thinking that the OPEC meeting gets delayed as they cannot come to an agreement or some non OPEC countries do not participate sending the price lower. I am not convinced that prices will rise significantly if an agreement is made across the board, however, I am convinced that prices will fall if agreements are not reached. As long as the US is pumping at the rate which we are and rig count keeps increasing I just don't see prices in the high 50s low 60s like some analysts are predicting.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/oil-falls-bulging-u-crude-011858431.html

ktownag08
AG
APC stock getting crushed today. Just the price of oil being down a good bit today or a larger issue?
Maverick06
AG
PXD getting crushed this month as well. Down ~10% in April.
nu awlins ag
AG
Libya production back up and running. Still the "experts" aren't sure if the production cuts will be extended or not even though there has been a lot of talk saying they will. Someone has to drive the prices down...
MAROON
AG
http://www.timescall.com/news/ci_30946669/anadarko-shuts-down-colo-wells-following-deadly-firestone

larger issue
nu awlins ag
AG
Sounds like a "potential" water heater problem in a basement. They are just shutting in while the investigation is being conducted. Wrong state for this to happen in. All the wells date back at least 25 years or so. The houses were built around an existing field.
sts7049
AG
that sounds like an extreme precautionary measure more than anything. seems like a 1 in a million chance for that well to have been a factor......but maybe it is possible.
nu awlins ag
AG
I totally agree, but there are wells pretty close to the homes there so better to be safe than sorry...
Ragoo
AG
how does the explosion have anything to do with Anadarko? because they have well heads near by? i bet the hot water heater burns natural gas as its fuel source.
sts7049
AG
they probably just want to make sure there aren't any well integrity or flowline issues that could have caused it.

but it does seem curious why they would shut in ALL vertical wells proactively like that. unless there is more to the story not reported there.
First Page Last Page
Page 415 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.