Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,279,342 Views | 28677 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by Drillbit4
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
no chance shell is a buyer with all of our BG debt
74OA
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Let's just hope they push for higher prices instead of just producing thus decreasing prices. Read an article from CNBC where this one cat is predicting a fall back down to $42. Let's hope not for those still in the race..
More New Supply
Prices Down Again
DadsanAG
Per usual, I knew better than to get optimistic - but did anyway. Things looking grim once again.
74OA
AG
Well, with shale break-even now at ~$35, there's much more opportunity for US wells to be profitable than just a few years ago....
Cyp0111
BP largely missed the shale play and has long cycle investment projects. Not to mention extension overlap on the refining/downstream side.

Exxon may desire a trading organization but from a structural/organizational behavior standpoint they will never allow an individual or group to take that much risk. Could you imagine the pnl meetings.

Exxon likely wants to increase short cycle investment exposure to shale. they are beefing up their gulf coast downstream investments so a large independent makes the most sense.

I think ConocoPhillips has set itself up for purchase once the San Juan position is sold. Too many B team players running that place.
Latigo
Where are these wells you are talking about? Is it $35 posted price? Sweet or sour? Does this include royalty interests or is this based on the gross price needed for working interest? Please answer these questions since I've seen you post the $35 number before. I honestly don't think you know. I don't think anyone knows. Besides that not all operators have the same costs.
IrishTxAggie
AG
http://www.worldoil.com/news/2017/2/28/rystad-examines-what-to-expect-from-us-shale-break-even-prices-in-2017

One of several articles that are out there. Your $35 is in the Permian.
Latigo
I've asked you this before, are you going to short oil and make some money? Seems like you just enjoy the misery of a lot of good people who have been through a very rough time.
Latigo
Really, you think service companies won't raise prices?
Latigo
I'll admit I didn't read the article. But is that the price before or after paying royalties?
BourbonAg
AG
After.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Latigo said:

I'll admit I didn't read the article. But is that the price before or after paying royalties?

Why in hell would you ask for the information on the ~$35 oil if you won't even take the time to read one freaking article?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Latigo said:

Really? Do you think they have the leverage and market conditions to raise their prices?
Latigo
So it's $35 after royalties so that takes it to $42. $42 posted is probably around $45.50 wti that you see on the news. Big difference between $35 and $45.50

So why waste time reading your article Colin?
Latigo
By the way you seem a little bent out of shape. My earlier comment about people suffering was directed at 740a not you.
BourbonAg
AG
$35 includes royalties to clarify.
Latigo
Colin, I read your article. The $35 is wellhead BEP. Throw in facilities costs at $10 - $15 across the different plays and now you're looking at $45 to $50 NOT $35.

I was more accurate without reading your article.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Latigo said:

Colin, I read your article. The $35 is wellhead BEP. Throw in facilities costs at $10 - $15 across the different plays and now you're looking at $45 to $50 NOT $35.

I was more accurate without reading your article.

Since you appear to be so well rehearsed in the subject, why don't you write your own article and publish it? While you're at it, go ahead and drop a letter off at Rystad telling them they're wrong.

You asked for the info, I presented it. You're obviously going off of what you want to believe and not what is becoming known about the Permian.
agdaddy04
AG
No need to be a jackass. There's typically a lot of civility on this thread. You can present your information in a more constructive way.
agdaddy04
AG
Not talking to you Colin with my response
TxAg20
AG
We're seeing prices increase on the drilling and completion side. In the last 4 months, pipe, cement, drilling day rates, and frac sand are up significantly. Our AFEs have increased 10-15%.
BourbonAg
AG
I have heard similar tidings.
gbreaux361
Service companies are currently raising their prices on all services.
Ag2012
AG
ColinAggie said:

Latigo said:

Really? Do you think they have the leverage and market conditions to raise their prices?
Well...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-28/shale-fracking-rebound-starts-with-more-expensive-grains-of-sand

http://www.investors.com/news/shale-ep-spending-seen-rising-2017-but-services-will-cost-more/

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/As-crude-prices-rise-oil-field-service-costs-10841525.php

http://www.platts.com/latest-news/oil/houston/ihs-ceraweek-rising-oilfield-costs-a-test-for-21072918

http://www.epmag.com/blog/oil-industry-costs-will-rise-focus-shifts-growth-1484746
IrishTxAggie
AG
My point was more towards its nothing like the leverage or market conditions they had in 11-13 years. Should've been more specific in my first post.
Vernada
AG
As I've said before I'm from the offshore service world, but I would guess onshore isn't too much different: service companies will have to raise prices as soon as they possibly can since they've been selling below opex for he last two years.
Latigo
My apologies for being a jackass.

I'm tired of headlines that don't indicate what the article actually says. The article clearly says $10 to $15 is added to the $35. So it is really $45 to $50. Please explain if I am missing something.
aggie028
Latigo
Here is the misleading part. Unless they are letting the oil just spill on the ground at the wellhead this is how the article describes the actual break even:

"Even though the wellhead BEP is often considered the "raw" or "initial" break-even, this is not the actual break-even realized by the companies. If we include the effect of facility costs and the price discounts, we can compare the average acreage BEP across main shale plays, expressed in WTI price. In this comparison, the different zones of Eagle Ford shale (EFS) namely the East Oil zone, Dry Gas zone and Wet Gas/Condensate zone, have lower WTI BEP compared to Permian Delaware's Bone Spring/Avalon or Wolfcamp formations. Note that the differences between the WTI BEP and the wellhead BEP are play-specific and can be within the range of $10-15."

I would define actual break even as:

Wellhead $35
Facilities $10
Total. $45

The well is not economical without facilities. You can't make money if the oil never gets to market. I would consider wellhead BEP to be similar to putting pipe on a dry hole. Lots of expense but no ROI.
Goose06
AG
Latigo said:

Here is the misleading part. Unless they are letting the oil just spill on the ground at the wellhead this is how the article describes the actual break even:

"Even though the wellhead BEP is often considered the "raw" or "initial" break-even, this is not the actual break-even realized by the companies. If we include the effect of facility costs and the price discounts, we can compare the average acreage BEP across main shale plays, expressed in WTI price. In this comparison, the different zones of Eagle Ford shale (EFS) namely the East Oil zone, Dry Gas zone and Wet Gas/Condensate zone, have lower WTI BEP compared to Permian Delaware's Bone Spring/Avalon or Wolfcamp formations. Note that the differences between the WTI BEP and the wellhead BEP are play-specific and can be within the range of $10-15."

Wellhead $35
Facilities $10
Total. $45

The well is not economical without facilities. You can't make money if the oil never gets to market.

I'm a little surprised that facilities are $10/bbl. I am somewhat familiar with the oil pipeline and terminal pricing in the eagleford and Corpus Christi and the cost to get from Gardendale to Corpus onto the water is only about $2-3 (and going down, not up) and buyers will pay LLS minus $1-2. Are you saying the cost to get it from the wellhead to gardendale is $5+?
aggie028
Heisenberg01
AG
Goose06 said:

Latigo said:

Wellhead $35
Facilities $10
Total. $45

The well is not economical without facilities. You can't make money if the oil never gets to market.

I'm a little surprised that facilities are $10/bbl. I am somewhat familiar with the oil pipeline and terminal pricing in the eagleford and Corpus Christi and the cost to get from Gardendale to Corpus onto the water is only about $2-3 (and going down, not up) and buyers will pay LLS minus $1-2. Are you saying the cost to get it from the wellhead to gardendale is $5+?

Perhaps if there is a 1-off leasehold that doesn't adjoin any other acreage from the operator it could be $10. Nobody quotes breakeven prices this way. It would be based on other wells being drilled to split the costs at which point GM&T is no where close to $10/bbl.
74OA
AG
nm
Comeby!
AG
What are we calling facility cost? I've produced oil in many basins and we don't split out the facility costs like that. We roll up the field (which in the southern US includes facility costs) then back into a breakeven price. Even then, there are two BEP's: producing and AFE or project.
Unless you are producing tar or some Ecuadorian crude (11 API) what are we doing here? Refining it? Lol!
aggie028
What discount rate is used for break even?
First Page Last Page
Page 406 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.