Moving to Columbus, OH

2,120 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mazag08
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be moving next week. Office in Easton and apartment will be in Dublin/ Hilliard area. Any Ags in the area?
jakal0722
Welcome to Columbus! My wife and I moved here about 6 years ago and really enjoy it. We live just north of OSU. I am the Muster chair for the Central Ohio A&M Club. Shoot me an email at centralohioaggies@gmail.com
mazag08
AG
Thanks! I'll reach out after the move.
jakal0722
Sounds good. Let me know if you need any help getting moved in. I remember how it felt not knowing anyone in town and trying to get a sleeper sofa out of a moving truck.
CrottyKid
AG
Sorry to piggyback on this thread, but I have a conference in Columbus in a few weeks. I'll have one lunch that is totally open. Can you suggest a good lunch spot that is considered a good place by locals? I'll likely be by myself, so it can be a dive or hole in the wall type place.
jakal0722
What part of town will you be in?
CrottyKid
AG
Downtown. I will be at the Hyatt Regency, but I'll have a car, so anywhere is ok. I live in Lexington, Ky, so I am just driving up. The last day ends at 10am, so I wanted to hit something good on the way out of town, but it doesn't have to be on the route home.
jakal0722
Dirty Franks is downtown and does weird hot dogs plus there is a barcade next door.

North Market has a pretty good selection of food vendors if you have a quick time for lunch on another day. I love the Bahn Mi at the Thai place there.

Katalinas has stuffed pancake balls and some killer sweet and spicy bacon.

El Arepazo is my favorite walk to spot when I'm working downtown. Love their arepas.

Lavash Cafe is my favorite Greek joint. It's in Clintonville north of campus.

Melt is a weird grilled cheese place in the Short North/Easton. It came from Cleveland so you know it's odd.

Katzingers Deli is a kosher Deli in German Village.

Stop by Jenis for some ice cream.

Finally, I'm not a beer guy but I have heard great things about pretty much all our brewery/restaurant places in Columbus. So if you are a beer person, you should go.
CrottyKid
AG
Thanks
mazag08
AG
So due to unfortune with my company I just moved back to Houston from Columbus. Really really enjoyed my time there. Great city with good people and plenty to do. I'm genuinely sad to be coming back as I don't feel like I go to do and see everything I wanted in the short time I was there. To the Columbus Ags on here.. sorry I never reached out to meet up. But I will for sure be back as much as I can to visit.
jakal0722
Well that sucks. You did get a pretty nice Fall to enjoy and winter hadn't hit too hard yet. Best of luck!
mazag08
AG
I'm going to miss the weather a lot.. and German Village, and Rhinegeist, and The golf courses.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.