Against reason...

43,544 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wessimo
hds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holiday Bump . . .
CanyonAg77
AG
Quit bumping, you get my hopes up, only to dash them.
CDub06
AG
OP, we've shutdown all travel to snuff this out. Give us something. Help us help you.
Stat Monitor Repairman

We can assume Pops is either in a star-crossed-lovers situation or trapped in Ukraine. If trapped in Ukraine, I hope he uses his Trump Bucks for a massive party with wall to wall girls, booze and krokodil.

JeepWaveEarl
AG
This is the exact story of one of the "couples" on 90 day fiance. Legit the same senario.
CanyonAg77
AG
AGGODDESS said:

This is the exact story of one of the "couples" on 90 day fiance. Legit the same senario.
So.....we were the ones getting catfished?
The Lost
CanyonAg77 said:

AGGODDESS said:

So.....we were the ones getting catfished?
It would actually be hilarious if the post was just a market study to see if there was interest in the story haha
Canyon99
AG
We are sheltered in place and need something interesting to pass the time. Updates now please.
agdaddy04
AG
He still hasn't posted since October. Hope he's ok.
aftershock
Damn... I read the whole thread after it was posted on the catfishing thread on the OB (where I normally hang out), and there was zero payoff.

Maybe we need to get the rest of the OB over here to figure out where OP is...
wessimo
AG
Staff can you please email OP and tell him we need an update??
Desert Power
AG
What was in the Ukrainian kitchen?
wessimo
AG
Bump. Recently passed the 1 year anniversary of this thread being created. Hope OP is alright (and comes back soon to update us).
wessimo
AG
Bump. You out there, op?
Slamn Sharpe
This has disaster written all over it. I'm assuming the FIL is dead
Bulldog73
AG
OP's last post was 10/26. Maybe he was actually the FIL and got catfishes.
Quinn
AG
I hate y'all for bumping this and getting my hopes up.
BenFiasco14
AG
Where is OP?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
cr0wbar
AG
Time to send the rescue team
wessimo
AG
Bump.
SuzyQ06
Family law attorney here.

What are the details? How is he sending her money? How much money has he sent her? Get him into therapy if you can. This problem has deeper roots.

These cases are on the rise. I've had 2 or 3 catfishing cases in the last 2 years...and they are complicated. The money routing is intense. In one, the guy would buy iTunes gift cards with cash, take a picture of the code on the back and text it to a number given to him by the paramour. The wife (my client) had been trying to tell him for YEARS that it was a scam and finally divorced him because he refused to stop. People lose all reason in cat fishing cases.

In another, I don't know if it is actually catfishing, but the catfish actually got ahold of the WHOLE family and was working each one against the other. There was a Netflix documentary about a similar case...by the end of that consult, I was worried that I was being played as a schmuck, made him remove all phones and electronics, and ultimately referred him out. That was the weirdest consult I have ever had.

I would try and find a way to put a hold on his passport, steal his passport, do whatever you can to stop this. All of his bank accounts will be drained within two years.

**Edit: Just saw this was a year ago.....welp. We are halfway to all bank accounts being fully depleted.

CDub06
AG
SuzyQ06 said:

In another, I don't know if it is actually catfishing, but the catfish actually got ahold of the WHOLE family and was working each one against the other. There was a Netflix documentary about a similar case...by the end of that consult, I was worried that I was being played as a schmuck, made him remove all phones and electronics, and ultimately referred him out. That was the weirdest consult I have ever had.
Wow. Now YOU are the most interesting one on this thread.
cr0wbar
AG
The type of update we need. Thanks SuzyQ!

I'm going to assume that OP is looking into a cash out refi to help with his FIL's catfish
Dr.Rumack
cr0wbar said:

The type of update we need. Thanks SuzyQ!

I'm going to assume that OP is looking into a cash out refi to help with his FIL's catfish

That or he's looking for buyers to harvest the last of his organs he can live without.
wessimo
AG
Bump. Maybe we'll find out how the story ends in 2021.
wessimo
AG
Exciting news. I did a little digging in OPs post history and found that he had posted his email address in a thread a while back. I emailed him so hopefully he is still alive and will reply
CDub06
AG
What a hero
wessimo
AG
Well, no reply. I took one final step and texted OP on his number on file with the association. Hope he's OK.
LeftyAg89
AG
Dang! Thanks for trying Wessimo!

Wondering if OP = "FIL"
Quinn
AG
wessimo said:

Well, no reply. I took one final step and texted OP on his number on file with the association. Hope he's OK.
I hope to some day be as passionate about something in my life as wessimo is about this thread.

(But seriously, thanks. It always stinks when a promising thread ends without resolution.)
wessimo
AG
Great news, my perseverance paid off, OP finally responded to my text!

Turns out Pops went to Ukraine and visited Ludmilla and made it back safely, then spent another few grand emailing her. 6 wks later she emails to say she's pregnant. Pops wants her to have the baby born in the USA so he pays to fly her over on a tourist visa before the shutdown, and she moved in with him. Her cooking was awful, most every dish was cabbage based. Finally it's time for her to give birth so they go to the hospital. The baby is born and let's just say the skin tone is way different than you'd expect if Pops was the real father. He is in total denial though, goes on as if nothing is wrong. Nine months later he wakes up to a crying baby and Ludmilla is gone, she left a note saying that she fell out of love and is running away to live with another (presumably richer) guy in Oklahoma. Pops is distraught so OP has been raising the baby since then.

That is how this story could have ended but sadly the only true part is that OP did actually respond to me. The boring truth is that Pops' family was eventually able to convince him that it was a scam and he ended it. At least I can tell you that they are both still alive and apparently well which is a relief! Maybe some day OP will return and share some additional details.

...fin(?)...
Jackal99
AG
Not all heroes wear capes.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Standing ovation
irish pete ag06
AG
wessimo said:

Great news, my perseverance paid off, OP finally responded to my text!

Turns out Pops went to Ukraine and visited Ludmilla and made it back safely, them spent another few grand emailing her. 6 wks later she emails to say she's pregnant. Pops wants her to have the baby born in the USA so he pays to fly her over on a tourist visa before the shutdown, and she moved in with him. Her cooking was awful, most every dish was cabbage based. Finally it's time for her to give birth so they go to the hospital. The baby is born and let's just say the skin tone is way different than you'd expect if Pops was the real father. He is in total denial though, goes on as if nothing is wrong. Nine months later he wakes up to a crying baby and Ludmilla is gone, she left a note saying that she fell out of love and is running away to live with another (presumably richer) guy in Oklahoma. Pops is distraught so OP has been raising the baby since then.

That is how this story could have ended but sadly the only true part is that OP did actually respond to me. The boring truth is that Pops' family was eventually able to convince him that it was a scam and he ended it. At least I can tell you that they are both still alive and apparently well which is a relief! Maybe some day OP will return and share some additional details.

...fin(?)...

You are a saint.
Robert C. Christian
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.