Against reason...

42,750 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wessimo
chimpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Referred from GB. Four stars, would read again.

EDIT - The referring (and topically relevant) thread on the GB got nuked. Can't wait for the follow-up.
Tabasco
AG
wessimo said:

Great news, my perseverance paid off, OP finally responded to my text!

Turns out Pops went to Ukraine and visited Ludmilla and made it back safely, then spent another few grand emailing her. 6 wks later she emails to say she's pregnant. Pops wants her to have the baby born in the USA so he pays to fly her over on a tourist visa before the shutdown, and she moved in with him. Her cooking was awful, most every dish was cabbage based. Finally it's time for her to give birth so they go to the hospital. The baby is born and let's just say the skin tone is way different than you'd expect if Pops was the real father. He is in total denial though, goes on as if nothing is wrong. Nine months later he wakes up to a crying baby and Ludmilla is gone, she left a note saying that she fell out of love and is running away to live with another (presumably richer) guy in Oklahoma. Pops is distraught so OP has been raising the baby since then.

That is how this story could have ended but sadly the only true part is that OP did actually respond to me. The boring truth is that Pops' family was eventually able to convince him that it was a scam and he ended it. At least I can tell you that they are both still alive and apparently well which is a relief! Maybe some day OP will return and share some additional details.

...fin(?)...

You sir, are a hero. I lol'ed when you said she was a horrible cook and almost everything was cabbage based!
Stat Monitor Repairman
sawemoffshort85 said:

My father-in-law has taken up a relationship with a lady from Kiev, Ukraine. Other than I think he's a big catfish in all of this, is there any reason he shouldn't go next month. I keep having these thoughts of getting a call demanding ransom! I'm not convinced that I would want him back! LOK
Ask your father in law to re-initiate contact with his lady friend in Kiev.

I'm curious to know how she doing with all this.
wessimo
AG
Nice bump.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.