Theater District, NYC restaurant recommendations

3,577 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by jaypunkrawk
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't know if there's one around the theaters but Grey's Papaya
aero96
AG
If you want a fun place to go after the show (and possibly before), try Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar:

http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2006/08/25/nyc-dining-max-brenner

I went there two out of three nights when I was last in NYC - amazing selection of chocolate based food and drinks. We were there late at night so I didn't order real food - just dessert type stuff. They serve chocolate shots with coconut pop rocks on top, chocolate pizza, chocolate fondue, you name it...
Aggie Vet
AG
We're back and had a great time. For a change, American actually was on time. The cab ride from LaGuardia was an experience of a life time. The driver moved over to let some diplomatic motorcaid pass and repassed the motorcaid after he determined it was not moving fast enough for him. I have determined that NYC cabs have a throttle that is either on or off, brakes that are either all the way on or off, a horn, and the drivers middle finger.
The Millenium Broadway was nice and in a good location. Grease was good. My wife loved it, so it was worth setting thru.
Saturday morning we walked down seventh to Macy's where I was held against my will by 4 floors of womens shoes. Just when I thought I had it made, the next floor was half shoes. She found some clothes and shoes and some things for the kids and walked back up sixth stopping in many of the shops to look at more things. After we dropped the stuff we had at the hotel we walked up fifth to look at the windows. There were so many people that we could barely move with lines outside every store of people waiting to get in. I want to go to FAO Swartz to get something for the kids but standing in line for an hour was not an option.

Saturday night we ate a Bar American. Great food. The Blue Cheese with homemade potatoe chips was incredible. The walked to Rockofeller center for pictures of the tree and finished out the night in Sweet Caroline's Piano Bar.

Fish and Chips of lunch at O'Lummeys, then another brush with death on the way to the airport. Believe it or not, American was on time again. We even got to watch part of the Cowboy game in the airport.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. It was a great trip.
SW AG80
AG
Where is Carmine's? I have heard aabout it from others.
army01
AG
quote:
Juniors sucks. Except for their cheesecake

The cheesecake is good, but the lox in the morning is awesome!
PetetheAg
S
We just ate at Carmines last week and it was SO good! Family style, so you can share entrees. Also, John's Pizza on 45th I think. Expect waits at both places. We also had a fantastic meal at The Perfect Pint. It is an Irish pub with good reviews. I was skeptical, but it lived up to the reviews. All in the theater district.
SW AG80
AG
ttt
drewbie
AG
had Mangia e Bevi last night...it was awesome...good food, cozy, and awesome atmosphere...everyone just eating, singing and having a good time
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I can second aero96's recommendation of Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar. I went two weeks ago after seeing his post. It's excellent.
SW AG80
AG
ttt
aero96
AG
quote:
I can second aero96's recommendation of Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar. I went two weeks ago after seeing his post. It's excellent.

Great! I'm almost glad that I don't live anywhere near this place or I would gain 20 lbs in a short period of time.
SW AG80
AG
Does Max Brenner's take reservations. If not, how long will the wait be? What is the best time to go?
drewbie
AG
eat at brazil brazil...AWESOME restaurant
aero96
AG
quote:
Does Max Brenner's take reservations. If not, how long will the wait be? What is the best time to go?

I don't think they take reservations. I went two nights in a row and waited maybe 20 mins to get a table for two. It was packed but there were lots of tables and they have a shop that you can browse around in while waiting for a table.
SW AG80
AG
ttt
SW AG80
AG
ttt
SW AG80
AG
We leave Sunday for NY, any other suggestions?
jeffk
AG
SW, how was your trip? Any particular things you liked or disliked? I am trying to plan a surprise anniversary trip for my wife and me in late June. Yankees game, sightseeing, the whole thing. Thanks in advance for the help!
RenoAg
ttt
jaypunkrawk
AG
Man...I walked by Mangia e Bevi so many times staying in Hell's Kitchen. We never stopped in to eat.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.