***** Official Houston Astros 2026 Season Thread *****

2,617,668 Views | 41086 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by agdaddy04
Sher Thing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cora? Lol
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Red Sox had it worse at least

18-2 sweep against to your rival
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crazy 6 months for sure. Season started with having to put our first dog down about 2 hours before game time and ended this way. Was tough to get into the season especially with the start they had, but at least they made it somewhat entertaining the last couple months. Not very entertaining the last two days though.
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So it's looking like 3 playoff teams aren't going to be alive on 10/1, but Astros are the only home team bowing out.
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boooooooooooo to Sousa and Walker.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
very disappointing for the Cubs (89-73)

need a 9th inning rally or it's two and broom vs. San Diego
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. Over two games they've had 3 guys get a hit.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the Cubs' offense collapsed after Bregman was hit by the foul ball
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so looking at Spotrac's top 10 payroll teams:

#1 Dodgers -- bye to NLDS
#2 Mets -- missed playoffs

#3 Yankees -- won WC series advanced to ALDS
#4 Phillies -- playing in WC series

#5 Blue Jays -- missed playoffs
#6 Braves -- playing in WC series

#7 Cubs -- eliminated in WC series
#8 Astros -- eliminated in WC series

#9 Padres -- won WC series advanced to NLDS
#10 Tigers -- missed playoffs
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
note on Pena...

he finished -5 in defensive run saved this year at SS -- not very good

last year he was +5 in DRS

in 2024 he was +4 in DRS

in 2023 +7 DRS

rookie year +16 DRS

he's on his way to 3rd base
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What really pisses me off about this season is that the team didn't need that much to be more competitive later in the season and in the playoffs.

All it would have taken was maybe another solid relief pitcher or two at the trade deadline. Instead? We trade for Varsho, giving up a pitcher with control for a player that was no better than our already terrible outfield.

Crane also cheapened out by being under the tax limit he set. We ended up with space to keep a player like Dubon, but didn't even use the space to make any major moves. WTF!!!!!

Or hell, sucking up your wallet and pride in trying to let Imai get into a groove rather than nickel and diming his contract terms. I think Imai as a bullpen pitcher has been pretty damn solid when he was in the game, but he never was put into that position nearly enough due to Crane's contract terms. EAT YOUR OWN **** DECISIONS, BOSS.

What effect did this have? Well we had to rely on Bryan ****ing King and Soup-to-Nuts ****ty Ass Sousa way more than we EVER should have. This cost us multiple critical games down the stretch, destroyed our rotation going into the wild card game due to it going down to the literal last game of the season. Throwing many of our starters together on short rest multiple times. It's no wonder the rotation was taxed and looked every bit of it against the White Sox.

So yeah, **** Jim Crane, **** Dana Brown, and **** Joe Espada.

2026 makes me pissed because of what could have been with some relatively minor changes that didn't happen and crippled this team from being more competitive.
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish Sousa and Walker could read your post. Because this is what the fans were booing about.
Rule#2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beau Holder said:

Ausmus as manager, Bagwell as GM. Accepting now that it's going to happen will make it hurt a little less
Then can we boo?
superaggie73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rule#2 said:

Beau Holder said:

Ausmus as manager, Bagwell as GM. Accepting now that it's going to happen will make it hurt a little less
Then can we boo?


Is Bagwell the Astros version of Jack Easterby?
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's been a long, painful 3 year slide out of this platinum era. It's time to put this thing out of its misery and pull the plug. Complete rebuild is the answer. That means trading anything of value, including Pena, HB, Yordan, Hader, and Paredes.

*yes, I know the possibility of no season in 2027. Still doesn't change the fact that a complete rebuild is needed.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wabs said:

It's been a long, painful 3 year slide out of this platinum era. It's time to put this thing out of its misery and pull the plug. Complete rebuild is the answer. That means trading anything of value, including Pena, HB, Yordan, Hader, and Paredes.

*yes, I know the possibility of no season in 2027. Still doesn't change the fact that a complete rebuild is needed.


This.
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

Prosperdick said:

Wabs said:

I'm honestly in favor of stripping this thing down to the studs. Yes, Yordan on the trade block. Basically everyone except for GOAT and CC. They can stay to bring up the young guys.

I'm all for that plan as well.



All I care about in these dark times is letting Jose play as long as he wants to see if we can get him to 3000.

I'm for stripping it down and I certainly don't want Altuve to be on the trade block, but I don't think 3000 is in the cards. I'm for letting him go out on his own terms but hopefully he'll realize that at some point he's hurting the team and will bow out in some way.
Formerly Willy Wonka
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Astros Post-Season Bingo Update: 10-1-2026
Spreadsheet Link: YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

So the spreadsheet is … not great. It sort of looks like an overhead view of the California wild fires from a few years ago. Giant swaths of red with a few patches of green. But from tragedy, a hero emerges.

His name? Dr. Doctor.
And he took the fall for all of us so we could all feel better.

Yesterday, Dr. Doctor did something I wouldn't have thought possible.
He missed on 13 Bingo squares all in the course of a few hours.
That's right, 13.
He got the Altuve hitting a HR square right, the free space right, and he missed every single other square he picked.
He did this so that when you look at your card today you can say, "Well, at least I'm not as bad as Dr. Doctor."
Some heroes don't wear capes.

LEADERBOARD
On the "positive" side, give it up for JB12 sitting in first place with 6 squares right: He has hit the free space, losing Game 1, the White Sox scoring first, Altuve & Pena hitting homers, Abreu giving one up, and Yordan being at fewer than 1.01 IBB per game.
TxAgs92, Tjack16, Wessimo, Chief Elko, Teddy Perkins, and Claude AI are all tied for second with 5.

MY MOM WAS RIGHT, I AM SMART!
Big shoutout to myself for being closest on the Astros' hits tie-breaker. They finished with 11 total. I picked 12.

PLAYOFF GOAT'S LAST RIDE?
  • Jose Altuve is 5th in career playoff games at 107. Man Ram is 4th at 111.
  • Altuve is 3rd in career playoff at-bats with 444. Bernie Williams is 2nd at 465.
  • He's 2nd in career playoff runs scored with 90. Jeter is 1st with 111.
  • He's 3rd in career playoff hits at 120. Williams is 2nd at 128.
  • He passed Williams and Ramirez for 3rd in career total bases to move into 2nd with 225. Jeter is first with 302.
  • His double on Tuesday tied him with George Springer at 21, tied for 6th all time.
  • His home run on Wednesday got him to 28, 1 behind Ramirez for the lead. Although Kyle Schwarber is lurking third with 24.
  • He's also 5th in singles with 71.
Astros Flashback: October 1, 1998:
In the first of exactly two Astro playoff wins I've seen in person, Billy Spiers singles home Ricky Gutierrez in the bottom of the 9th to give the Astros a Game 2 victory over the Padres in the NLDS, beating Trevor Hoffman. The rally has a seriously unlikely rally when Ricky Gutierrez leads off the frame with a single, goes to second on a sac bunt (remember those?), then steals third when Hoffman isn't paying attention. This after Jim Leyritz had tied the game with a 2-run homer in the top of the 9th.

I was 24 at the time and when I went to work the next day, my boss pulled me into his office and asked if actually wanted to keep working there, given as how I had taken the last 2 afternoons off with very little notice. It wasn't a further issue because the Astros got swept in San Diego.

Going forward, Astro Bingo will only update on square activation days. Hopefully as soon as possible on Espada getting canned.







Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only issue with going with the complete rebuild gut job approach is that only works if you have a competent front office.

Otherwise it just becomes a sell off.

Imagine Bagwell heading up a rebuild. At least right now we have Isaac, Yordan, Altuve, and Hader to watch and enjoy while we hover in purgatory.
Jaydoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JYDog90 said:

wangus12 said:

Prosperdick said:

Wabs said:

I'm honestly in favor of stripping this thing down to the studs. Yes, Yordan on the trade block. Basically everyone except for GOAT and CC. They can stay to bring up the young guys.

I'm all for that plan as well.



All I care about in these dark times is letting Jose play as long as he wants to see if we can get him to 3000.

I'm for stripping it down and I certainly don't want Altuve to be on the trade block, but I don't think 3000 is in the cards. I'm for letting him go out on his own terms but hopefully he'll realize that at some point he's hurting the team and will bow out in some way.


This is a tough one for sure but he already hurt the team this year.. i want him to play as long as he wants and to go out on his own terms, which is why I hope there is baseball in '27. I don't expect us to be competitive anyway. The additional decline by 2028 is going to be rough to watch.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let the offseason begin
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
superaggie73 said:

Rule#2 said:

Beau Holder said:

Ausmus as manager, Bagwell as GM. Accepting now that it's going to happen will make it hurt a little less
Then can we boo?


Is Bagwell the Astros version of Jack Easterby?

This is the best analogy all year
Dr. Doctor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Wow...ok... just...wow.



I can deal with one or two errors, much like Boromir:


But 13 arrows?

Ok. So I can take being wrong from time to time. But to be COMPLETELY wrong. I...I don't know what to say. I went the full hopium path, hoping against hope...


Instead of saying:


I'll say


Give me the award for being the WORST. I'll wear it until next season (yes, I understand what that means...)


~egon
JoeAggie1010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If bingo is taking to much of your time, during the next iteration, maybe you limit the amount participants.

Thanks for all you did with Texags Bingo!
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have not seen any breaking news with regards to our brainiac manager….
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hornbeck said:

I have not seen any breaking news with regards to our brainiac manager….

There probably won't be. He just won't get a new contract. Crane won't call extra attention to it is my guess.
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I AIN'T HEARD NO FAT LADY YET!!!

No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I AIN'T HEARD NO FAT LADY YET!!!



Crane is going to hate paying all those contract incentives guys have for making it to the Cancun Series.
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prediction: Astros get to Cancun and finally hit with runners in scoring position + stop walking guys
Thunderstruck xx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The most painful thing about this Astros season is that I was really hoping for some exciting playoff baseball this year given that the Aggie football season is a dumpster fire.
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure why, but it pisses me off that the Astros were the only home team to lose the first series.
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

Prediction: Astros get to Cancun and finally hit with runners in scoring position + stop walking guys
and they steal 4 bases
First Page Refresh
Page 1174 of 1174 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.