***** Official Houston Astros 2025 Season Thread *****

5,757,926 Views | 63016 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by EastCoastAgNc
Jaydoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking of doing one more road trip with the Astros. Would you choose:

- Seattle
- Detroit


Leaning Seattle because the roof minimizes potential rain outs….
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jankees down 4-1 to the reds in the top of the 8th
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nm
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you go in August, that's like the only month out of the year you can hope for clear skies in Seattle. We went last year, and the weather was great. They were complaining about the heat. High was like 87.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jaydoug said:

Thinking of doing one more road trip with the Astros. Would you choose:

- Seattle
- Detroit


Leaning Seattle because the roof minimizes potential rain outs….


There are things to do in Seattle and NW Washington. But you have to deal with drug addicts, possible crazies and riots.

Detroit is kind of a ****hole. But it's probably safer.

Seattle hates the Astros. It's probably a great atmosphere.

Detroit? I can't hate AJ.

Choices. Hard choices.
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Went to Detroit in August 2023

Was absolutely perfect weather
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Detroit's stadium is great. It's not as much of a ****hole anymore as you might think it is.
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mathguy64 said:

Jaydoug said:

Thinking of doing one more road trip with the Astros. Would you choose:

- Seattle
- Detroit


Leaning Seattle because the roof minimizes potential rain outs….


There are things to do in Seattle and NW Washington. But you have to deal with drug addicts, possible crazies and riots.

Detroit is kind of a ****hole. But it's probably safer.

Seattle hates the Astros. It's probably a great atmosphere.

Detroit? I can't hate AJ.

Choices. Hard choices.

This is not something that I would have ever thought to hear in my lifetime. Detroit safer than another American city.
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hornbeck said:

If you go in August, that's like the only month out of the year you can hope for clear skies in Seattle. We went last year, and the weather was great. They were complaining about the heat. High was like 87.


Reminds me of people in DFW complaining about humidity

Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
n_touch said:

Mathguy64 said:

Jaydoug said:

Thinking of doing one more road trip with the Astros. Would you choose:

- Seattle
- Detroit


Leaning Seattle because the roof minimizes potential rain outs….


There are things to do in Seattle and NW Washington. But you have to deal with drug addicts, possible crazies and riots.

Detroit is kind of a ****hole. But it's probably safer.

Seattle hates the Astros. It's probably a great atmosphere.

Detroit? I can't hate AJ.

Choices. Hard choices.

This is not something that I would have ever thought to hear in my lifetime. Detroit safer than another American city.


Rank the least safe cities in America that you would really worry walking around after dark. Or even daylight.

In no particular order: Seattle, Portland, SF.
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All I do is Nguyen said:

Jankees down 4-1 to the reds in the top of the 8th
Now 6-1 reds about to head into the 9th
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mathguy64 said:

n_touch said:

Mathguy64 said:

Jaydoug said:

Thinking of doing one more road trip with the Astros. Would you choose:

- Seattle
- Detroit


Leaning Seattle because the roof minimizes potential rain outs….


There are things to do in Seattle and NW Washington. But you have to deal with drug addicts, possible crazies and riots.

Detroit is kind of a ****hole. But it's probably safer.

Seattle hates the Astros. It's probably a great atmosphere.

Detroit? I can't hate AJ.

Choices. Hard choices.

This is not something that I would have ever thought to hear in my lifetime. Detroit safer than another American city.


Rank the least safe cities in America that you would really worry walking around after dark. Or even daylight.

In no particular order: Seattle, Portland, SF.
I'm pretty sure Memphis and Baltimore would be waaaay up high on the list of "least safe"
R-Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Went to a night game at Comerica about 7 years ago.

Walking to and from the game, you feel unsafe because you can't get the word "Detroit" out of your head.

But at no time did anything happen that actually made me feel unsafe.

Actually a great experience. Highly recommend the Green Dot Stables down by the river. Awesome sliders.
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
St Louis is in my top 3 for sure
Mr. Awesome Time
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Peña is surprisingly replacing Tucker's production this season, so he should command at least a similar trade offer if he keeps this up thru next year.

I think Cam's ceiling is higher than both of them, and he is young enough to get a deal no other Astro has from Crane.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jaydoug said:

Thinking of doing one more road trip with the Astros. Would you choose:

- Seattle
- Detroit


Leaning Seattle because the roof minimizes potential rain outs….


Detroit has a better stadium and baseball vibe. I've only been to day games there but felt safe.

Seattle has incredibly rude fans and it is fun to mess with them. The guys are no worry but watch out for some of the crazy females. Not much around the stadium but plenty around the wharf and needle.
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All I do is Nguyen said:

Some off day entertainment


Didn't mention our most important offseason pickup backing up 2B
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jaydoug said:

Thinking of doing one more road trip with the Astros. Would you choose:

- Seattle
- Detroit


Leaning Seattle because the roof minimizes potential rain outs….
Detroit. Their stadium at night is a great vibe. Great breweries within walking distance.
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All I do is Nguyen said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Jankees down 4-1 to the reds in the top of the 8th
Now 6-1 reds about to head into the 9th


L

scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw this on Facebook. Pretty cool Union Station photo. You can easily envision how the current ballpark sits in this photo.
Mr. Awesome Time
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hornbeck said:

Marvin said:

I wonder if Ranger fans are finally accepting that '23 was the anomaly and not last year or this year. lol
I just posted on the smack thread…. I flipped over to watch their game because I get both in CS…. We get frustrated with lack of hitting…. Thank God I'm not an Arlington fan.
I had a good chuckle recently reading several comments in the Arlington thread stating they'd win the division.

We've got a long way left to go, and they've got a bunch of guys that can still turn it around, but why would anyone count out the Astros after all these years?
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daaaaa











Jankees lose
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Astros currently betting favorites tomorrow

I get it, been a good home team this season, Framber starting, but still



jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat40 said:

W said:

the fact that Big Jon is back...means the front office realizes Walker may not return to form in 2025

he's batting .221 vs. fastballs...and slugging just .344...approaching the halfway point

if he can't hit the fastball...he won't see anything besides fastballs




The fact Big Jon is back means Dana knows he needs a lefty bat and Yordan and Melton are a while from returning. Big Jon is the cheapest instant lefty bat out there.

Again, the last 14 days is pretty solid for Walker and he's going to get every chance this year to improve.


I would bet money he's still hurt from the oblique. He doesn't look much like the guy that was solid the last few years. He's been a K guy but he's not able to catch up and he just turned 34. I think they should sit him for a week or whatever and see if this might be it.
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Walker turned in 3 straight seasons of +.800 OPS from 2022-24.

Maybe the time for a couple rest days can come during the Rockies series next week.

Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw a report about LMJ playing catch this past weekend and maybe throwing off the mound early this week. Could pitch next Monday, I think, if he's healthy.

Any updates on Garcia, France, or Javier?

Same with Dezenzo and Yordan. Anything of note?
Jaydoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Detroit it is. Booked everything. And I'm a car nut so going to tour the Ford Museum as well.

Thanks for the input.
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marvin said:

Saw a report about LMJ playing catch this past weekend and maybe throwing off the mound early this week. Could pitch next Monday, I think, if he's healthy.

Any updates on Garcia, France, or Javier?

Same with Dezenzo and Yordan. Anything of note?


Javier is inching closer - he threw a live BP last week. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Garcia contributes much this year. Haven't heard anything on France.

I was given a mid-July timeline for Yordan but no word on Zach.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
a player at age 34 losing 100 or 150 points off his OPS is not unusual

(that's why guys went to steroids back in the day)

for example...Altuve:

age 32 ---> .921 OPS
age 33 ---> .915 OPS
age 34 ---> .790 OPS
age 35 ---> .754 OPS

father time is not a hitter's friend
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
texasaggie2015 said:

Marvin said:

Saw a report about LMJ playing catch this past weekend and maybe throwing off the mound early this week. Could pitch next Monday, I think, if he's healthy.

Any updates on Garcia, France, or Javier?

Same with Dezenzo and Yordan. Anything of note?


Javier is inching closer - he threw a live BP last week. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Garcia contributes much this year. Haven't heard anything on France.

I was given a mid-July timeline for Yordan but no word on Zach.


Man, if Javier could come back this year, he and LMJ would make perfect tandem start candidates if they'd agree to it.

If both were effective, it be LMJ's spinny ball followed by Javier's invisiball. If both were on, that would be incredibly frustrating as a hitter.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jaydoug said:

Detroit it is. Booked everything. And I'm a car nut so going to tour the Ford Museum as well.

Thanks for the input.


Ford Museum is awesome- and more than just cars!
An L of an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat40 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Marvin said:

Saw a report about LMJ playing catch this past weekend and maybe throwing off the mound early this week. Could pitch next Monday, I think, if he's healthy.

Any updates on Garcia, France, or Javier?

Same with Dezenzo and Yordan. Anything of note?


Javier is inching closer - he threw a live BP last week. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Garcia contributes much this year. Haven't heard anything on France.

I was given a mid-July timeline for Yordan but no word on Zach.


Man, if Javier could come back this year, he and LMJ would make perfect tandem start candidates if they'd agree to it.

If both were effective, it be LMJ's spinny ball followed by Javier's invisiball. If both were on, that would be incredibly frustrating as a hitter.


This has been my hope as well. That gives us 3 really good starters per week, which should take some pressure off the bullpen.

As for offense, I'd be good with getting Melton, Yordan, and Dezenzo back. Should give us enough juice to keep winning series.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have the Astros ever implemented tandem starts at the ML level?

It gets brought all the time but IIRC if it's happened it's just been a couple random ones here and there over the years.

Just not a method I see them implementing.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

Have the Astros ever implemented tandem starts at the ML level?

It gets brought all the time but IIRC if it's happened it's just been a couple random ones here and there over the years.

Just not a method I see them implementing.


Well they did do it twice. Both times the same guys. And they swapped the roles each time.

2017 ALCS GM 7
2017 WS GM 7
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jaydoug said:

Detroit it is. Booked everything. And I'm a car nut so going to tour the Ford Museum as well.

Thanks for the input.
We really enjoyed Slow's BBQ when we went to Detroit. The owner, I believe, is a Texas transplant. The mac and cheese was a delight! It's on the way into downtown.

https://slowsbarbq.com/


First Page Last Page
Page 692 of 1801 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.