*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

749,490 Views | 12651 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Super Aggie 64
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's honestly pretty damn funny - the fanbase that seeks so much validation from other fanbases wins a title in a fashion that forever makes other fanbases not give them full credit for it.

It's a scarlet letter that they'll forever wear, and barring any actual run of titles, people will always remember them in that matter.

It's why they are so desperate to frame division titles and ALCS appearances as a "dynasty".
KT 90
AG
Murderers row tonight for the Ranger lineup:

shack009
AG
Sandro Fabian has to be a fake name stolen from Game of Thrones…
94chem
DannyDuberstein said:

Typical small dicked houston loser. The anchor fanbase of aggie sports. Always so obsessed with other teams, other programs, etc. Broken.

I live down here. I was at the Houston sports awards earlier this year. We're all lined up waiting to get in, looking at the Houston skyline, one of the world's great cities. These 2 women behind me: one says how nice it looks. I start counting down 3,2,1...right on cue, the other one says something about how Dallas doesn't look as nice. IDK. It's just ingrained. Perpetual underdog, sheltered, chip-on-the-shoulder mentality. If you don't think it affects the way the A&M AD operates, you're crazy.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
KT 90 said:

Murderers row tonight for the Ranger lineup:

Bottom 4 prolly drives in 13 runs or something crazy.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Will Smith plays for KC. This is happening, isn't it? 5th ring in a row.
94chem,
South Platte
I see Foscue is still committed to batting his age. How does a guy get drafted in the 1st round without knowing how to play baseball? Is he injured?
rbtexan
S
Terrible draft evaluation
Jimbo Franchione
South Platte
rbtexan said:

Terrible draft evaluation

I feel bad for the guy. Hope his wife doesn't dump him. Has to be utterly humiliating.

I think that BP God on Facebook reels would bay higher than .040
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I live in Oakland's market so I have to watch the A's broadcast. Been an interesting broadcast since it's the final night game.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Hello Win Column!
Grapesoda2525
Good news is that with 4 games left. 2 of them are day games so the rest of this awful season will fly by.
South Platte
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I live in Oakland's market so I have to watch the A's broadcast. Been an interesting broadcast since it's the final night game.

I bet. I hold out hope that time in Sacramento will create some urgency for the city of Oakland to find a solution, or that the owner sellls.
fc2112
Working from home today, so looking forward to being able to watch the last game in Oakland.

Rangers apparently got a special briefing from MLB Security about how to handle any out of the ordinary fan behavior today.
94chem
Only team in MLB besides NYY to ever win 3 straight titles.
94chem,
KT 90
AG
fc2112 said:

Working from home today, so looking forward to being able to watch the last game in Oakland.

Rangers apparently got a special briefing from MLB Security about how to handle any out of the ordinary fan behavior today.
With Oakland being Oakland, there is literally no telling what will go down for the last game at the stadium.
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

fc2112 said:

With Oakland being Oakland, there is literally no telling what will go down for the last game at the stadium.

I did lol at this when I saw it scrolling through twitter last night:

Water Boy
AG
What do we do at the catcher position next season? Heim had a great year last year but I think that may be an outlier. Either way he needs a solid back up to give him games off. Any ideas on who we can get?
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I don't know if Heim can repeat 2023. I think he can. But more importantly, I don't think he repeats 2024 because he needed to heal from the injury he incurred last August and they gave him absolutely zero help with the second catcher they signed for this season.

He's now healthy, will have a full offseason to rest back up and hopefully CY learned his lesson and signs a guy that can be behind the plate 40 games or so next season. Do that and Heim becomes a top tier catcher again.
Jimtim1216
S
Flounder Dorfman said:

I don't know if Heim can repeat 2023. I think he can. But more importantly, I don't think he repeats 2024 because he needed to heal from the injury he incurred last August and they gave him absolutely zero help with the second catcher they signed for this season.

He's now healthy, will have a full offseason to rest back up and hopefully CY learned his lesson and signs a guy that can be behind the plate 40 games or so next season. Do that and Heim becomes a top tier catcher again.

Isn't the catcher we traded with Detroit for signed they next season?
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I'm fairly positive that he is a FA at the end of this season.
Jimtim1216
S
He signed a 1 year deal with a club option. Not sure if that transferred over. I hope that we would ink him to a 2 year deal.
fc2112
So is Sam Huff just a bust at this point?
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I'm not sure I would call Huff a bust. He was a seventh round pick that made it to the major leagues but probably isn't good enough to stick.
AgBQ-00
AG
Safe to say we missed Garver this year?
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Flounder Dorfman
AG
We missed the 2023 Garver. The 2024 Garver was worse than Knizner.

Edit. Equally as bad as Knizner. No one was worse.
fc2112
Interesting to see Malcolm Moore at #5 in the Rangers system. First round draft choice this year. But I think he's slotted as being a first baseman some day, and in a few years.
A very young Jesus Lopez at #24. He's projected as 2027.

So it's either figure Heim out, or get a FA.
rbtexan
S
JMO here, but I think you can live with minimal offense from Heim if two things happen. One, his defense needs to get back to where it was last season, and two, the other positions that traditionally provide offense (1B, CF, RF) have to produce better results. You can win with a great defensive catcher who hits 225 if the rest of your offense is solid. This year there were just two many offensive holes in the lineup, and it made Heim's numbers seem a lot worse than they are for a catcher.
Jimbo Franchione
DallasAg 94
Heim has 2 more Arb years... '25 and '26.

Carson Kelly signed a deal for '23 that included an option for '24... which is what he is playing on, now. He is a UFA after the season.

I think signing him would help the overall position of C offloading a little more of Heim.

You could either go 3SPs for one C and 2 for the other, or leverage Heim (SHB) more against RHSP.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I completely agree. Heim has had a spotlight shined on him because the rest of the offense has sucked. If Lowe and Garcia were producing like you want from their positions, Heim's numbers wouldn't stand out.

I'm good with the Rangers re-signing Kelly as the other catcher. He checks enough boxes.
94chem
Flounder Dorfman said:

I completely agree. Heim has had a spotlight shined on him because the rest of the offense has sucked. If Lowe and Garcia were producing like you want from their positions, Heim's numbers wouldn't stand out.

I'm good with the Rangers re-signing Kelly as the other catcher. He checks enough boxes.

Wish we could get Langoliers. +3 WAR automatically by not having to play against him.
94chem,
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Man, where do I sign up for that?
cmiller00
AG
We've run Heim in the ground last two seasons. I don't remember Garver starting a game at catcher in the playoffs. Hopefully a full offseason and a true backup catcher helps.
fc2112
94chem said:

Flounder Dorfman said:

Wish we could get Langoliers. +3 WAR automatically by not having to play against him.
I felt the same way when we signed Semien.
KT 90
AG
fc2112 said:

So is Sam Huff just a bust at this point?

I think the Rangers are basically done with him. After Garver left via free agency, they pulled both Knizner and Kelly as backup catcher options rather than give Huff a shot.

He is about at the point where he can be a minor league free agent I assume. Look for him to be one of those catchers that bounces around, team to team. He'll still get some shots at the mlb level to see if he can stick, but I doubt it will be with the Rangers.

First Page
Page 361 of 362

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.