*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

749,491 Views | 12651 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Super Aggie 64
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cmiller00 said:

We've run Heim in the ground last two seasons. I don't remember Garver starting a game at catcher in the playoffs. Hopefully a full offseason and a true backup catcher helps.

Yeah, I think you are correct. Heim caught full time in the playoffs and Garver went to a DH role once the playoffs started.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
South Platte said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I live in Oakland's market so I have to watch the A's broadcast. Been an interesting broadcast since it's the final night game.

I bet. I hold out hope that time in Sacramento will create some urgency for the city of Oakland to find a solution, or that the owner sellls.

I'm really interested in how they do in Sac. There's a non-zero chance that they don't go to Vegas and stay there. They'd obviously need to do something about the stadium though.

A's broadcast has a pretty cool pre-game show on now.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Let's go Rangers! Let's close out the **** hole coliseum with a Hello Win Column!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Fan on the field.
KT 90
AG
Oakland closes out the Coliseum with a 3-2 win.

I was working and watching in the background, but I thought Rocker did ok, but not as sharp as his first start. Like his second start, his off-speed stuff wasn't close enough to the plate to generate enough swing and misses. But the inning Oakland got two runs, several of those were tappers and not well hit, plus Ornaleas should have made a play on one of them that was scored a hit. The third run came later in the game, and Langford lost one in the sun that allowed that run to score. Overall, not a bad outing for Rocker.

Leiter came on in relief to finish out the game and did not allow a run. So that is encouraging.

WestTexasAg
AG
Feel bad for the die hard Oakland fans.

fc2112
I would feel worse for the Oakland fans if they had beaten the guy with the vulvuleza years ago.

The fact they let that go on for so long has dampened my sympathies for them.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Oakland fans

RogerFurlong
I went to a game in Oakland a long time ago and sat behind the rangers bullpen. Their fans were awful. Yelling and cussing at us and the Rangers players. Way worse than you'd see at any other game. Later that season the rangers pitcher threw a chair into the fans we were sitting by. I was pretty pumped to see that. Good riddance Oakland, that place doesn't deserve a team.
bmac_aggie18
AG
I went to an Oakland game back in June of this year and the Royals happened to be in town. The stadium was such a POS, it was actually kind of cool and the field looked immaculate. We parked and were literally at my seat in 5 minutes, takes me longer than that at Olsen lol.

But Bobby Witt Jr. hit a 400' tank so that was pretty cool
Proposition Joe
RogerFurlong said:

I went to a game in Oakland a long time ago and sat behind the rangers bullpen. Their fans were awful. Yelling and cussing at us and the Rangers players. Way worse than you'd see at any other game. Later that season the rangers pitcher threw a chair into the fans we were sitting by. I was pretty pumped to see that. Good riddance Oakland, that place doesn't deserve a team.

"the rangers pitcher".

You will show Frankie Francisco some ******* respect.
CowtownAg06
AG
Not many details but, Rangers may launch their own RSN.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2024/09/27/texas-rangers-to-pursue-creating-their-own-regional-sports-network-after-season-ends/
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Bring that **** to me!!!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hmmm. Not sure what the $$$ is for the Mavs deal, but their approach seems most optimal so far for local viewers. I just don't want to see them land on some RSN that isn't widely available and becomes Ballys Part 2
AgBQ-00
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2024/09/27/texas-rangers-to-pursue-creating-their-own-regional-sports-network-after-season-ends/
Kinda wish they would go in on Victory+ and make that more powerful
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
fc2112
CowtownAg06 said:

Super Aggie 64
AG
Hello Win Column!
First Page Refresh
Page 362 of 362

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.