*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

722,707 Views | 12510 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Proposition Joe
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So that Langford guy is pretty good....even on defense Nice catch to end it.

Rangers win
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

Rangers win

DallasAg 94
Hello Win Column!
94chem
KT 90 said:

KT 90 said:

Rangers win

Exit velocity on that shot?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
JWinTX
That was so close to being the ultimate Ranger loss of all time…lead 10-2, get two outs in the 9th, then walk the bases loaded, give up a grand slam, give up two singles and then catch a ball over the fence that would've made it 10-9. I have zero doubt that if Langford didn't catch that laser, the Yankees would've won this game…
bmac_aggie18
AG
That's a DFA kinda outing. Would honestly be surprised if Anderson is still with the organization tomorrow, right?
Mr Gigem
AG
Grapesoda2525
For the love of god, can we please please blast Grant Anderson into the sun?
JWinTX
bmac_aggie18 said:

That's a DFA kinda outing. Would honestly be surprised if Anderson is still with the organization tomorrow, right?

He might go somewhere else and be helpful, but as a Ranger, Anderson has been a complete spare.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I'm sure other teams have guys like this, but I swear the Rangers always seem to keep some dude around that not only do I not understand how he is on the 40, much less the active roster. Grant Anderson is that guy in 2024.
DallasAg 94
Sure hope he didn't hurt his left wrist. Each time I watch that I'm not sure if he is laughing out of joy... or pain...
DallasAg 94

I know I'm probably insane thinking we still have a shot, but we're 8.5 GB 3 teams - Houston, Minnesota, and KC.

HOU: 75-64 <- @Cin, 3 v/Arizona (79-61)
Min: 75-64 <- @TBR, 3 @/KCR
KCR: 76-65 <- Off, 3 v/Minn
Det: 70-70 (5.5GB) <- @SDP (80-61), 3 @/Oak
Bos: 70-70 (5.5GB) <- Off, 3 v/CWS
Sea: 70-70 (5.5GB) <- @Oak, 3 @/STL
TBR: 69-70 (6.0GB) <- vMinn, 3 @/Balt
TEX: 67-73 (8.5GB) <- 4G v/Angels (58-81)

Matchups:
LAAA 4-6 in their L10
Bradford v Kochanowicz (23) - 6GS, 5.96
TBD v Aldegheri (22) - 1GS, 3.60
Leiter v Anderson (34): 27GS, 3.55
Heaney v Dana (20): 1GS, 3.60

We need to sweep LAAA. Hoping for either Minn or KCR to sweep the other team.

Just keep winning.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I agree. Just keep winning. No one is expecting the Rangers to make the playoffs, but if they keep winning they could make it interesting.
DallasAg 94
Eovaldi (34) is 9.0 IP from his vOpt. $20M.

That becomes the start of discussions for his potential FA negotiation. Once that vests, it becomes how many years will he get. 3? 4?

I'd take him on a 3yr/$55M deal. $20/$18/$17
Tksymm7
AG
It's just fun to see them not playing with clenched booties for once this year lol.
DallasAg 94
I think Seager has 2 more years at SS. Or should be allowed to play 2 more years there.

Based on MLB Stats sorted by "SS" he is 16th in HRs All-Time. There are guys like Semien ahead of him, so HRs while playing SS, he is likely Top10. I'll dig it out when I have time.

Yount, for instance is ranked #6 with 251, but he only has 122 as SS with 107 as a CF.

You have a guy that has won the WS MVP in the NL, WS MVP in the AL, and could be chasing the 345 HRs put up by Ripken... second is 344 HRs put up by A-Rod (as a SS).

Seager has 191 as a SS. Jeter is 5th in the MLB list and had 255 as a SS.

A-Rod
Ripken
Tejada (Miguel)
HanRam
Jeter
Yount
Jose Valentin
Vern Stephens
Lindor
Semien
Rollins
Nomar
Tulowitzki
Petrocelli
Peralta
Seager
rbtexan
S
His range, which was never great, is diminishing - and he is injury prone. 1B would give him a longer, more productive career. You have to take that into account as well, it's not just offensive numbers at SS.
Jimbo Franchione
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Eovaldi (34) is 9.0 IP from his vOpt. $20M.

That becomes the start of discussions for his potential FA negotiation. Once that vests, it becomes how many years will he get. 3? 4?

I'd take him on a 3yr/$55M deal. $20/$18/$17
I hope we are able to keep Eovaldi around. I've have seen in interviews that he likes to work with the other pitchers and be a mentor of sorts, and things are looking like we will have several younger pitchers in 2025 (Bradford, Leiter, possibly/hopefully Rocker). We could use a veteran presence who likes to help the younger pitchers along.
KT 90
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

I agree. Just keep winning. No one is expecting the Rangers to make the playoffs, but if they keep winning they could make it interesting.

It ain't over until it's over!
94chem
Grapesoda2525 said:

For the love of god, can we please please blast Grant Anderson into the sun?
Why not. Everybody else does.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
bmac_aggie18
AG
Contrary to what y'all see on reports about Eovaldi in Houston…yes he does have a castle in Friendswood but zero chance he plays for the Astros. Hates the organization from his Red Sox days.
DallasAg 94
I don't disagree. Having said that, I think many view the O's handling of Ripken as willing to let him play out his days to the detriment of the team.

Here is the list, BTW (Seager is 9th):

A-Rod: 344 (696)
Ripken: 345 (431)
Tejada: 291 (307)
Jeter : 255 (260)
--------
Lindor: 238 (245) *Still active
Rollins: 229 (231)
Tulowitzki: 223 (225) Mostly for Colorado
Jose Valentin: 192 (249)
Seager : 191 (200)

Nomar: 187 (229)
HanRam: 174 (271)
Vern Stephens: 174 (247) Played mostly for St.L Browns/O's until '55
Peralta: 173 (202)
Petrocelli: 127 (210) Played for BoSox until '76
Yount: 122 (251)
Semien: 117 (233)

I think Seager passes Rollins, but remains behind the rest.
Proposition Joe
Eovaldi has played for the Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox.

If Houston gave him enough money, he'd play for Houston. Very few players actually give two ****s about the name on the jersey.
DallasAg 94
Want for 2025: Eovaldi.

This is the core for 2025:
deGrom (3GS, 1.35, 6.2 IP, so far) pitches Saturday then I believe expected to join the club.
Mahle was shutdown for the season with shoulder stiffness. It is apparently common to happen, so I'm hoping the Rangers shut him down as a precaution and not something more concerning.
Hopefully we'll get 250IP combined from them.

I think we'll get 2 SP from this group, but I don't expect any of them to go more than 150IP in 2025.
Bradford (26) has gone 6GS, 4.17 since coming back. IMO, that's encouraging.
Leiter (24) had an encouraging outing against NYY, despite the stats.
Rocker (24) (8GS, 9G, 1.17, 31.2 IP, 47 K)

Time to dump?
Is Dunning (29) officially broken?! Arb likely $5M? Seems fine except each game he gives up a base runner (BB/HBP) and follows with a HR. Is he more like Martin Perez than we realize?!
Gray ($13M in 2025) has been shutdown due to a heel issue. Likely surgery. I'm ready for him to be traded. I think he was on the blocks at the Trade Deadline and then got hurt.

I'd still like to pick up guys like (one of these) Urena, Lorenzen, and maybe even Heaney, if the numbers are favorable.

I think we'll also sign a recovering TJ guy like we did Mahle.

White and Winn?!

Scherzer is scheduled to rehab Saturday in Vegas for RoundRock, as well. He is a guy I think won't sign until after the season starts. He is chasing WS Rings and I think he'll focus on the 2nd H of the season.
DallasAg 94
Yep.

Cashman said he didn't trade for Stroman in '19 because "he wasn't enough of a difference maker," which led to
Stroman basically blaming Cashman for the Yankees lack of getting to the WS and publicly stated it was their poor rotation.

Then, Cashman hands Stroman some money and all is forgotten. Money is a great salve.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yankees-marcus-stroman-says-he-and-brian-cashman-laughed-about-past-beef-after-signing-new-contract/
bmac_aggie18
AG
Proposition Joe said:

If Houston gave him enough money, he'd play for Houston. Very few players actually give two ****s about the name on the jersey.
I tend to believe that is the case except Nathan is my co-workers nephew and she heard it from him directly. Things can always change of course but idk about this one
Water Boy
AG
Just gotta go 20-2 and the Astros go 11-12 and we win the division! Realistically we need the Astros to go like 6-17 to have a shot at this.
DallasAg 94
Awesome... I must have missed your peddling of autographed baseballs. Hope to catch the next round.
DallasAg 94
Just need to sweep the Halos for now and hope the Astros get lost in the desert.
investorAg83
AG
rbtexan said:

His range, which was never great, is diminishing - and he is injury prone. 1B would give him a longer, more productive career. You have to take that into account as well, it's not just offensive numbers at SS.

Ernie Banks did pretty well with that move…
Proposition Joe
bmac_aggie18 said:

Proposition Joe said:

I tend to believe that is the case except Nathan is my co-workers nephew and she heard it from him directly. Things can always change of course but idk about this one

Did she hear it at 31 Flavors?
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Just need to sweep the Halos for now and hope the Astros get lost in the desert.

'Stros lost today already to Cincy
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Want for 2025: Eovaldi.

This is the core for 2025:
deGrom (3GS, 1.35, 6.2 IP, so far) pitches Saturday then I believe expected to join the club.
Mahle was shutdown for the season with shoulder stiffness. It is apparently common to happen, so I'm hoping the Rangers shut him down as a precaution and not something more concerning.
Hopefully we'll get 250IP combined from them.

I think we'll get 2 SP from this group, but I don't expect any of them to go more than 150IP in 2025.
Bradford (26) has gone 6GS, 4.17 since coming back. IMO, that's encouraging.
Leiter (24) had an encouraging outing against NYY, despite the stats.
Rocker (24) (8GS, 9G, 1.17, 31.2 IP, 47 K)

Time to dump?
Is Dunning (29) officially broken?! Arb likely $5M? Seems fine except each game he gives up a base runner (BB/HBP) and follows with a HR. Is he more like Martin Perez than we realize?!
Gray ($13M in 2025) has been shutdown due to a heel issue. Likely surgery. I'm ready for him to be traded. I think he was on the blocks at the Trade Deadline and then got hurt.

I'd still like to pick up guys like (one of these) Urena, Lorenzen, and maybe even Heaney, if the numbers are favorable.

I think we'll also sign a recovering TJ guy like we did Mahle.

White and Winn?!

Scherzer is scheduled to rehab Saturday in Vegas for RoundRock, as well. He is a guy I think won't sign until after the season starts. He is chasing WS Rings and I think he'll focus on the 2nd H of the season.

We need to quit trying to make Dunning a starter. Doesn't seem like his body can hold up. He needs to be a multi-inning guy out of the bullpen and occasional spot starter when needed. He seems to pitch at a pretty good level until he breaks down and hits the IL, and then after that he is pretty hit or miss.

I still think Scherzer retires. But I could see him doing the mid-season signing with a contender. But he is headed to the HOF, he doesn't need to tarnish his reputation trying to hang on. His body seems to be mostly done. Of course as I type this he is supposed to be pitching in a rehab game on Saturday I believe, so he's not giving up on the season just yet.
KT 90
AG
And Seager either needs to move to 1B or at least just play SS half the time and DH the other half of the time.

First Page Last Page
Page 351 of 358

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.