*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

725,348 Views | 12532 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by South Platte
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that a pic of Bregman?
CampingAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

This is the worst loss of the season. We still inexplicably have everything to play for despite sitting on our dat asses all off season and basking in the glory of one championship when we instead could have been trying to defend our title and show the league we're not a one hit wonder.

It's not CY's fault that Bally didn't follow thru on their commitment. It's not CY's fault that grant ****ing Maton somehow almost permanently disfigured Josh Jung on the field in the 4th game of the season. It's not CY's fault that Evan Carter's back gave out again. It's not CY's fault that Langford looked like an all star in spring training and is still taking forever to figure it out. It's not CY's fault that Scherzer's body gave out on him.

All of the above ****ing sucks and it's extremely unlucky. We've actually had terrible injury luck for the last 2 seasons despite winning the World Series in one of those 2.

However……….

Nearly every position player's production is way way down compared to last year and we brought pretty much nearly all of these guys back.

I wish we could quit filling out the lineup card for this year based on what happened last year. When is this year going to factor into the equation?

I'll forever be grateful to Bochy and these boys for bringing us a title, but this title defense has to be one of the most disappointing in history given the expectations for the season coming in.

Eh. Vegas had us penciled in to be around .500. But for none of the reasons that we actually are .500, which is the head scratching part.
Hearne_Ag
AG
bmac_aggie18
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

Still pissed we got Willie Calhoun
Grapesoda2525
bmac_aggie18 said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Still pissed we got Willie Calhoun
Worst trade ever. Dodgers stuck to their guns and gave us nothing of value then turned around and used Darvish 3 games out of 7 in the World Series that same year. It didn't work out for them, but they clearly thought high enough of his talents to give him those starts and we got fleeced.

Should've got way more.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It was just a **** year to have to make a trade. No real races so no buyers or bidding war. You could already see it shaping up 1-2 months out from the deadline that it was going to be lean. They could have kept him and let him walk in free agency for nothing, i guess.
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

It was just a **** year to have to make a trade. No real races so no buyers or bidding war. You could already see it shaping up 1-2 months out from the deadline that it was going to be lean. They could have kept him and let him walk in free agency for nothing, i guess.
That's the one thing I couldn't stand about JD.

In years we were competing, everyone was buyers and the prices were sky high

In years we were rebuilding, prospects suddenly became liquid gold overnight and teams hoarded them with reckless abandon. Teams would almost rather lose in the playoffs then give up a good young player.
dave94
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

And one of the mooks on the other thread said our fans should have wanted to see a no hitter. Their reaction here is normal, like ours was. Lmao
gigem1223
Jose Urena getting the nod today vs Kikiuchi. Rangers hit Kikiuchi well a couple weeks ago.
agent-maroon
AG
This fan got exactly what he wanted to see short of a 9th inning walk off victory. Take the stro fans out to the last out with a no-no and then take it away with a Corey Seagar two run homer. That was perfect!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Water Boy
AG
Wasn't Yu one out from a perfect game/no hitter twice against the Astros?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

That's the one thing I couldn't stand about JD.

In years we were competing, everyone was buyers and the prices were sky high

In years we were rebuilding, prospects suddenly became liquid gold overnight and teams hoarded them with reckless abandon. Teams would almost rather lose in the playoffs then give up a good young player.

I have a big issue with how poorly JD did with the draft, but blaming him for which MLB seasons turned out to be buyers' years vs which years were sellers' years is kind of silly. He took good advantage of it on the 2000s and built a 2X AL champion. The 10s timing of down years ending up buyers years was crap luck (comp pick rule change for rentals hurt too). That said, again, he dug himself a hole with the draft, which I do blame him for. Also blame him for Banny and Brocail
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Yeah I can blame JD for a lot, but the Darvish trade isn't one of them.

I see a lot of people talk about how the Dodgers took advantage of him like the Dodgers were the only team he was allowed to trade with. 28 other teams in the league and I feel very confident that the front office spoke with a few of them.

He took the best offer he could get. The market sucked. If it was this season, the return for Darvish would have been much better.

And the draft picks under JD were God awful. That's pretty indisputable.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. From the Dodgers perspective, the offer only had to be just sweet enough to convince them it was better than letting him walk in FA, and just sweet enough to exceed any competing offer in what was a dried up market with basically no races. Anything more would have been plain stupidity.

It's also easy to forget 2019 as he spiraled after that. But he had 21HR's and hit .270 in half a season. But I think a combo of his immaturity and a meathead staff chasing analytics derailed what could have been a nice slash hitter
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I also wonder how much that broken jaw affected him. Not making excuses for him, but that's really difficult to overcome psychologically.

CowtownAg06
AG
ESPN just ranked our fam system #29. That's pretty shocking given how high we picked in drafts over the last few years, but then makes sense the more you dig in:

2019: Took Jung 1.8 but then missed on next 3 picks.
2020: Foscue 1.14, Carter at #50, 2/3 next guys used to get Monty.
2021: Leiter 1.2, Zavala in 2nd, Cauley in 3rd.
2022: Rocker at 4, no picks in 2/3 due signing Seager/Semien
2023: Langford at 5.
2024: Picked #30 for a good reason

In the top 3 rounds of the last 6 drafts you produced 3 big leaguers that graduated as highly regarded prospects (Jung, Carter, Langford). Turned 2 picks into a guy that lead the charge to a WS. Have one guy that looks busty (Leiter), who at the time was a pretty obvious pick. I was pumped for him. Rocker got hurt, but had that risk and now looks pretty exciting. Gave up 2 picks to sign studs. I think that's all in all an ok outcome, especially for where we got last year.

International has been rough, but I think Walcott is a dude.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Between promoting Carter and Langford and trading Acuna, I'm assuming that out a pretty big hit on the farm that's misleading. And that's ignoring promoting Jung as well.
Water Boy
AG
Playoff game tonight.
Mr Gigem
AG
Water Boy said:

Playoff game tonight this afternoon
FIFY
Super Aggie 64
AG
Take the Silver Boot back!
BCSWguru
anyone ever attended a concert at the ballpark? will there be plenty day-of parking available?
Mr Gigem
AG
Yes
BCSWguru
thank you, sir. Nothing available for purchase on the globe life site. You da man!
Mr Gigem
AG
I would call our box office and prepurchase. I'm not sure it saves money for concert parking, but it gives peace of mind in case it's sold out day of for some reason
shack009
AG
****ing bull**** to call that low strike after not calling the one to Caratini completely in the zone.
Water Boy
AG
Can't let Kikuchi beat us after all the laughs everyone had about the trade and the season being on the line.
KT 90
AG
Smith just hit the wall pretty hard. Looked like he was holding his right arm a bit. Last thing we need is for Smith do go down and be out of the lineup...

He's still in for now at least.
gigem1223
At the game so can't see the zone well. Is Urena being squeezed?
Mr Gigem
AG
Not really. He's been missing way outside on most pitches
Legal Custodian
AG
Huge double play right there
Mr Gigem
AG
WTF is Lowe looking at???? Take the ****ing bat off your shoulder
gigem1223
So many hard hit outs
CampingAg
AG
Stupid graveyard of a new ballpark.
sburg2007
Hearne_Ag said:

That was heartbreaking
Legal Custodian
AG
sburg2007 said:

Hearne_Ag said:

That was heartbreaking

I was there, it indeed was heartbreaking
First Page Last Page
Page 326 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.