*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

726,521 Views | 12539 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by DallasAg 94
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So what are y'all's world series predictions at this point:
I'm going Padres over O's.
DallasAg 94
Water Boy said:

Next 7 series are against winning teams. Trying to find a reason to be optimistic for this season.
Those are the teams we are best against.

Just not in PTSD St Louis
gigem1223
Legal Custodian said:

gigem1223 said:

How the frick did this team win a championship? Just incredible the drop off from last season.
In 2023 we were 2nd in the MLB with a .263 batting average and 3rd in SLG at .452
In 2024 we are 20th in the MLB with a .239 batting average and 22nd in OBP at .379

Pitching wise we are slightly better at a 4.10 ERA this year compared to 4.28 last year.

Which all makes no sense cuz other than Mitch Garver, this is the same damn team. Just baffling.
Water Boy
AG
Not a 20 game win streak but just a good 20 game stretch. 15-5 in a 20 game span is what we need. We had a pretty good 15 game stretch recently that got us close to .500. We've been bad ever since.
DallasAg 94
Rangers over Dodgers!
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Lowe and Garcia are two.

If you upgrade RF, Taveras could stay on. But you can't have Taveras and Garcia as 2/3 of the outfield.

Heim needs an actual #2 catcher to help him. One that is offense first that can DH when Heim catches. No more defensive catchers that can't hit.

Starting second base, shortstop, third, left field and catcher are locked down. Unless you're ready to move Seager to first and put Smith at short until Walcott is ready (if he pans out). I would be cool with that.

Then sign Kyle Tucker in the off season with the money that would have gone to Garcia and Lowe.
shack009
AG
Lowe has an OPS+ of 120 and is a gold glove 1B. He's actually one of the few bright spots right now.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I like Lowe and he has won some awards, but I'm using the eyeball test on him. He has a back for not making defensive plays that don't show up in the box score and has very little power that he shows in games.
Tksymm7
AG
Love this. Seager is a really interesting guy moving forward imo. I think there's very serious conversations that need to be had in the club house and front office about him playing less SS, DHing more and perhaps a future move to 1B. He's been awful at short at times this year, and simply put we need him to be as healthy as possible as he ages.
Tksymm7
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

I like Lowe and he has won some awards, but I'm using the eyeball test on him. He has a back for not making defensive plays that don't show up in the box score and has very little power that he shows in games.
This is my problem with ole Nathaniel. He plays a position where power/slug is the PREMIUM tool, and he's only hit over 20 homers in his career once. You need more juice from that position, plain and simple.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
That's exactly my thought. He hasn't been a top defensive shortstop and he's had some injuries. First base is his future position, so why not move him now and save his body from that kind of beating?

Smith is a very capable SS and Lowe would be a really attractive trade piece. And I really do like Lowe, but outside of Garcia and Taveras, no one else is getting moved.
Proposition Joe
Not dead yet, but feels like anything less than 0.500 on this upcoming homestand will be the end of the season.

(Not saying 0.500 will get us back in things, but won't sink us completely).
bmac_aggie18
AG
5 games below .500 at 52-57, this hurts
AggieRob93
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Not dead yet, but feels like anything less than 0.500 on this upcoming homestand will be the end of the season.

(Not saying 0.500 will get us back in things, but won't sink us completely).
Trying not to be a negative nancy, but there is nothing this team has done this season to cause me to think they have a chance. A division ripe for the taking and they can't find any sort of winning consistency.

Pitching
19th club in ERA.
8th club in hits allowed (quite good).
17th club in WHIP.

Hitting
20th club in AVG.
20th club in HR.
20th club in OBP.
21st club in OPS.

A less than .500 record based on less than average performance.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Just gotta avoid the long losing streak and we'll be right in the middle of it.

Kidding… Everyone got some false hope after beating up the CWS, including myself.
Water Boy
AG
I don't even want to think about what we could have gotten for Yates and Eovaldi.
Grapesoda2525
I think I'd rather roll in a big heap of elephant dung then watch this series ever again.
Proposition Joe
I smell one of those "closed door meeting" reports.

Except I picture Seager and Semien just printing out their thoughts like the computers they are.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
So Lance Lynn shuts us down and then put on the IL the next day with a sprained knee.

F us. Blow it up, for all I care.
South Platte
Proposition Joe said:

Except I picture Seager and Semien just printing out their thoughts like the computers they are.

Pretty sure any closed door meeting at this point would only be for a fantasy football draft or to coordinate winter October vacation plans.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I don't know whether to laugh at how true this is or be upset cause they did after all bring us a title haha
WestTexasAg
AG
What happened to Jonah Heim? I get that Adolis has been the biggest disappointment, but Heim has really fallen off as well.
sburg2007
That dude was. Workhorse last year. It really wears on a catcher.
thegoodolag15
AG
Catcher is about like running back according to shelf life. It's a hard position on the body, and he dealt with injuries last year.
Water Boy
AG
Don't think it would have mattered either way. We only scored 1 run yesterday. Plus the dude on the mound today shut us down and this was his first time out there on a big league mound.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
So glad we lost during the work day today. I didn't have to come home tonight and suffer through it. I was too busy today to keep track so I just came home to an "L"
Tksymm7
AG
I think last year Was Jonah's peak. He's got incredibly low bat speed, sprint speed, and he chases and ton and doesn't walk enough. Jonah is more or less and MLB average catcher, who could use a few more days off than he gets.
alvtimes
Jonahs ok…. gotta get way more from
#1 Semien
#2 Adolis
#3 Lowe….. need 15 more HR's this season
fc2112
I saw somewhere that, with the exception of 3B, the average WAR+ for each position player is at least 30 points lower this year. Catcher is like 65 points lower.
dvldog
AG
Tksymm7
AG
Woooooof.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
As it stands it's not looking good for us to break Bochy's post WS win no playoff streak.
MrCoachEricTaylor
But there's still a chance to win it next year, which would continue his win it all every other year trend lol
KT 90
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

But there's still a chance to win it next year, which would continue his win it all every other year trend lol

We just have to keep Bochy healthy! That hip of his doesn't look so good sometimes on his way out to the mound. Maybe we can him one of those scooters to help get him out there
fc2112
Every time he's walking out to the mound, my wife is like "we could fix that."

I'm guessing it's uncomfortable but not debilitating.
First Page Last Page
Page 316 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.