*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

726,491 Views | 12539 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by DallasAg 94
toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that was a disappointingly quick 8th
gigem1223
Welp back to 4.5 back. This team just seems to be stuck in neutral. Gotta start stringing together more wins at some point if they want to win this division.
CampingAg
AG
beagle2009 said:

Side note: I have enjoyed Sandler and Murphy on the call. Murph can be a little boring but I'd take this duo over Raymond and Valle any day.

I just want consistency. Why do we have five announcers?
Coppell97
AG
At least Astros lost.
WestTexasAg
AG
We are running short on time. Need to get hot quick.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
For the life of me, I cannot figure out what the Rangers are doing with their tv crews. Do other teams do this? And if I tune in after the pregame, it takes a while for me to figure out if it's Valle or Murphy talking. Maybe everyone else can easily tell the difference, but I can't.

Once Josh Lewin left, all hell broke loose. Bring him back, settle on one analyst, win.
bmac_aggie18
AG
In recent news about the Angels (b/c what news is ever good for them lol) Mike Trout was shut down from rehab on his meniscus without any real explanation and Anthony Rendon is now on the IL with lower back inflammation
sburg2007
I absolutely hate how injuries have derailed Trout's career. He is so much fun to watch.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Agreed, and unfortunately that's now probably how he is going to be remembered.

Hard to have a linebacker man CF and expect him to stay healthy into his 30s
MrCoachEricTaylor
bmac_aggie18 said:

Anthony Rendon is now on the IL with lower back inflammation

You misspelled "lack of desire"
hawk1689
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

Anthony Rendon is now on the IL with lower back inflammation

You misspelled "lack of desire"

This is the fifth year that Rendon has been in LA and he has yet to bat 250 times
MrCoachEricTaylor
I couldn't imagine dealing with his ass for 5 years
WestTexasAg
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I couldn't imagine dealing with his ass for 5 years
It's been 5 years?? Damn. Seems like not long ago at all most of us were hoping he would be a Ranger. Certainly glad that didn't happen! Time flies.
rbtexan
S
I think the Angels should DFA that loser so the Astros can sign him to be their salvation
Jimbo Franchione
MrCoachEricTaylor
Rendon vs Abreu, which would they say is worse? lol
KT 90
AG
Kelly (CA) and Jankowski (CF) in the lineup today. Seager is the DH.
Water Boy
AG
Feels like a must win here. I'm not sure how many more times we can lose a series and still be in this thing.
shack009
AG
Unraveling early...
KT 90
AG
shack009 said:

Unraveling early...
Good throw by Lowe and he should be out, I think anyway. But no chance when you throw it high and off the plate.
shack009
AG
Always enjoy when the other team gives you an out, even if it scores a run. Makes no sense from a STL perspective. Why give away free outs when the Rangers are giving you bases left and right?
shack009
AG
KT 90 said:

shack009 said:

Unraveling early...
Good throw by Lowe and he should be out, I think anyway. But no chance when you throw it high and off the plate.

Yeah, I think I would have done the same thing if I were Lowe. Pham must have got a good jump and you're right that it needed to be a better throw.
KT 90
AG
Off day tomorrow, we need to empty the pen if Heaney can't get it together. He is struggling, down 3-0 and still in the 2nd inning.
gigem1223
Get it together Heaney.
Water Boy
AG
According to fan graphs, Rangers had a 24% chance of making the playoffs after the CWS series. Today we have a 12% chance. And that isn't including a potential loss today.
Jimtim1216
S
This offense is offensive.
shack009
AG
We are getting the Little Big League montage Mike McGreevy...
shack009
AG
My gosh, nothing is going right...
gigem1223
How the frick did this team win a championship? Just incredible the drop off from last season.
Legal Custodian
AG
gigem1223 said:

How the frick did this team win a championship? Just incredible the drop off from last season.
In 2023 we were 2nd in the MLB with a .263 batting average and 3rd in SLG at .452
In 2024 we are 20th in the MLB with a .239 batting average and 22nd in OBP at .379

Pitching wise we are slightly better at a 4.10 ERA this year compared to 4.28 last year.
AggieRob93
AG
This team has no bat juice, and it will be the reason they do not make the playoffs this year.
Water Boy
AG
Man we should have sold. Restock the farm and be ready for 25. Now we have to hope for a miracle and stay hot for a 20 game stretch which seems impossible.
DallasAg 94
Water Boy said:

Man we should have sold. Restock the farm and be ready for 25. Now we have to hope for a miracle and stay hot for a 20 game stretch which seems impossible.
20 Game win streak, perhaps?!

How about we stick to the 15.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Did anyone expect anything different from the Rangers and a rookie pitcher?

My sons and I were talking about it last night. My prediction for a a guy making his major league debut against the Rangers was 6 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks and 7 strikeouts.

I was really damn close, unfortunately. We've seen this movie too many times.
Tksymm7
AG
Legal Custodian said:

gigem1223 said:

In 2023 we were 2nd in the MLB with a .263 batting average and 3rd in SLG at .452
In 2024 we are 20th in the MLB with a .239 batting average and 22nd in OBP at .379

Pitching wise we are slightly better at a 4.10 ERA this year compared to 4.28 last year.
I can also say assuredly we are considerably worse on defense as well. We aren't a good team this year, and we need to figure out who the guys are that are making us not a good team (we know some of them already) and move on from them so we don't do this again next year.
Water Boy
AG
Next 7 series are against winning teams. Trying to find a reason to be optimistic for this season.
First Page Last Page
Page 315 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.