*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

717,365 Views | 12494 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by South Platte
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know... unless Luisangel Acuna names it to MLB, the only loss was salary.

He likely brings an intensity to the P staff that is a whole new level.
Proposition Joe
Not to mention Scherzer went 4-2 with a 3.2 ERA in the 2023 regular season in what ended up an extremely tight race.

And then we won a WS.
Proposition Joe
Adolis hasn't had a multi-hit game since June 29th.

Adolis hasn't had a multi-RBI game since June 2nd.

Woof.
shack009
AG
Heim time
Proposition Joe
BOOM
Super Aggie 64
AG
Jonah Home Run! Let's go!
shack009
AG
Bochy is such a good manager. Looked like he was going to pull Heaney after the Henderson ground rule double, but he goes out and talks to him and Heaney gets out of the inning through 5, in line for the win. Really good stuff.
Coppell97
AG
Sborz looks back in playoff form.
shack009
AG
Nice AB from Lowe
shack009
AG
Wtf...
sburg2007
Much like Nats fans that hate Patrick Corbin because he stinks now, without him they likely don't win a World Series. Rangers have some of those guys right now. Going forward we may not be happy with some of the guys from the 23 team but, saying a trade or signing was bad doesn't play in my eyes. It all got a championship and flags fly forever.
South Platte
shack009 said:

Nice AB from Lowe
DallasAg 94
I've never been described as "ultra competitive."

But one things for sure, I've never been a good quitter. Yes, restocking the farm is enticing, but the idea of calling off the dogs and selling off players makes me feel sick.
Coppell97
AG
Santander is killing us.
shack009
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I've never been described as "ultra competitive."

But one things for sure, I've never been a good quitter. Yes, restocking the farm is enticing, but the idea of calling off the dogs and selling off players makes me feel sick.
I don't even think it's worth it. The only guys we should be selling are guys who won't be on the team next year. It's not like you are restocking the farm by selling guys like that. You are getting a team's 10th-15th best prospect with a 10% chance of being an MLB player.

It's probably more likely that we make the playoffs with the current group plus those returning from injury than it is that we receive a single player who contributes at the big league level.
Water Boy
AG
If we manage to win today then my 8-5 minimum record needed to not sell goes to 7-3. Very doable. Anything less than 7-3 after today(if we win) and we need to sell. Not saying we need to blow this thing up but we can get some nice prospects in return for all the players that are not under contract for next season.
shack009
AG
Death, taxes, and Yates shutdown 9th
Super Aggie 64
AG
Hello Win Column!
KT 90
AG
Good win to avoid the sweep. Now we get the WSox for four games. Need a minimum of three wins, and of course a sweep would be nice but it's difficult to beat the same team four times in a row.
Water Boy
AG
I wonder what Yates could demand in a trade.
Proposition Joe
We really need to feast on Chicago. If we can take 3 of 4 (or sweep), we'll probably be sitting just 3 games back.

Maybe get Toronto to sell some big pieces off before next weekend?
Water Boy
AG
Chicago is 1-9 in their last 10 and currently on a 7 game losing streak.
Old Tom Morris
Agree completely. The season has been frustrating, but the talent that won a title is here. I don't surrender this season only to collect some long-shot prospects that have less of a chance to be above-average MLBers than this team's chance at the postseason.
GigEmAgsCaleb
Does anyone happen to have 2 tickets to the game Tuesday?
DallasAg 94
Bochy indicated that Jung could be back as early as Aug 1.

Foscue has been in 4 G... 2 since the ASG. Has he shown you anything?

I'll post the pitching match-ups with CWS. Like everyone else... 3-1, hopefully 4-0.

Jays put Bo Bichette on the IL and will miss our series. Looking at the Jays, IMO, Vlady Jr is the only real tradable player of any value.

Is he an option for us at DH? Final Arb next year. Paid $19M this year, will bump up our CBT this year and likely impact next season. .293, 16 HRS, .362 OBP.

Insert Jung at 3B, move Smith to LF, Langford to CF, and Vlady at DH.

Our August schedule looks brutal.
DallasAg 94
If you are in the camp that the Rangers have terrible trainers and they are the reason for all our injuries.

Go look at Atlanta. Albies is likely done for the season. Maybe a destination for Foscue at 2B?! Duran?!
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I hope we win it all this year and don't trade away anyone.

With that said, the whole discussion about trading players if we are contending has been centered around players with expiring contracts.

As for what we would get in return, last season we sent out Cole Ragans for an Aroldis Chapman rental. We would get some really nice prospects in return and would not affect next year's team one bit.

With that said, keep them all and let's get in the playoffs.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
My brother and I went to Beltre's Induction ceremony. It was a great time and his speech was solid. He was very thankful and the razzing of King Felix was great. I'd recommend you go to one of those ceremonies if possible.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Logos Stick
I dont follow baseball really. But I did go to the Friday night game and we got smoked. I then looked up their record and was surprised.

Is the difference this year injuries!??

Thanks in advance.
cmiller00
AG
Nice. Some friends were there for a baseball tournament and were going.
DallasAg 94
I think the short answer is, we just haven't put it all together, but I believe the team is close.

I also think CYoung focused on building depth in the P at the expense of quality depth in the lineup. I would reason that was a good thing because lack of P depth could crush the team and the cost to obtain in the season is higher and more limit.

We've had some injuries, specifically, Jung. He is glue in the lineup. Seager had surgery just before the season, and we've had a number of guys with other ailments. Josh Smith has filled in admirably. Bradford was off to a great start, had a fractured rib, Scherzer went down with back issues and had surgery then had a thumb issue, Carter had back issues.

Injuries are a part of baseball. Have we had more/less than other teams?! Probably more. Certainly more than say Seattle. But, like Aggie baseball, it gives others like Urena an opportunity to step up their game. We also signed Lorenzen for peanuts and have great P depth. I tend to side against using injuries as an excuse.

I think the real problems are some guys not taking advantage of the opportunity. Duran (25) was really good last year and he hasn't built upon that. Taveras (25) should be building on last year, and Adolis prefers HRs vs RBIs.

Some suggest the long playoff run results in a slow start, with the short off-season. Probably has some impact.

Langford struggled early. As a rookie, you expect ups and downs.

If Mahle, Dunning, and Bradford can return, then we have something very valuable (SP) that we can trade to get something more abundant (RHBs) if we feel it necessary.
Water Boy
AG
Winning is just hard. I think the biggest difference from last year is that we don't have anyone stepping up. We suffered a lot of injuries last season and someone always stepped up. Smith has stepped up but he can't put this offense on his back. We need our vets to get hot.
WestTexasAg
AG
Water Boy said:

Winning is just hard. I think the biggest difference from last year is that we don't have anyone stepping up. We suffered a lot of injuries last season and someone always stepped up. Smith has stepped up but he can't put this offense on his back. We need our vets to get hot.
The decrease in the power department from Garcia, Lowe, Semien and Heim has hurt, and of course we are missing Jung's power bat.
DallasAg 94
Monday's Schedule:

Division:
LAA @ SEA (T)
HOU @ OAK (T)
CWS @ TEX (5GB)

WC:
PHI @ MIN (T WC2/3)
AZ @ KC (T WC2/3)
----
BOS (1GB) @ COL
TAM (4.5GB) @ NYY (WC1)
DET (6.0GB) @ CLE
TEX (7.5GB)
DallasAg 94

Matchups for CWS:
Lorenzen (3.52) v Fedde (2.99, 19GS, 111.1 IP, 99 SO)
Gray (3.96) v Crochet (3.02, 20GS, 107.1 IP, 150 SO) <-LHP
Eovaldi (3.36) v Flexen (5.22, 19GS, 101.2 IP, 75 SO)
Scherzer (3.99, 6GS) v Cannon (4.58, 9GS, 57.0 IP, 43 SO)

The best RP for CWS is Wilson with a 3.33 ERA

They have won 27% of their games, so we have no excuse not going 3-1, other than we face their 2 best SPs.

Maybe Crochet will be traded before his GS.
First Page Last Page
Page 291 of 357

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.