*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

722,743 Views | 12510 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Proposition Joe
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tough night.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Tough season.
Tksymm7
AG
If he played the whole year healthy, then sure, by all means, but I can't trust him at all to stay on the field.
Tksymm7
AG
It's odd to say, but I think this team needs some major changes, even coming off a WS. There's guys on this team that are past their peak and we are seeing it.
Grapesoda2525
I just took a giant dump again.

More relevant than the last 48 hours of baseball in Arlington Texas.
Coppell97
AG
sincereag
Tksymm7 said:

It's odd to say, but I think this team needs some major changes, even coming off a WS. There's guys on this team that are past their peak and we are seeing it.

This is still a young team overall. They were actually ahead of schedule by winning the WS last year and most thought this year would be the one. Garcia is the only one who needs to go. It apears he's on the decline batting close to .200 now.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Seager & Smith are the only 2 guys in our lineup with a SLG over .400 … we have no pop
South Platte
I'm ready for a new pitching staff. What are we doing with 12 guys coming off surgery or 40 years old? What type of strategy is that?

I'm firmly in the don't trade Garcia camp. Lots of blame to go around. The only guys we trade right now are the UFA after this season.
Grapesoda2525
Let's just focus on 2025 at this point.
DallasAg 94
I'm not ready to sell, but if we happened to get there...

I'm expecting:
Eovaldi: Team's Top5 Prospect w/in the Top100
Yates: Team's Top5 Prospect w/in the Top100
Scherzer: Team's #4+#5-10

Heaney: Team's Top 8
Urena: Teams Top8

Lorenzen: Team's Top10
D-Roberts: Team's Top10
Leclerc: Teams Top10

Janko
Jonathan Hernandez

I'm looking at:
#32 Misiorowski RHP from Milw at AA
#48 Dalton Rushing C/1B from LAD at AA
#74 Spencer Jones OF from NYY at AA
#98 Quinn Mathews P from St.L at AA

Water Boy
AG
Time to rewatch the 2023 World Series highlights.
JWinTX
South Platte said:

I'm ready for a new pitching staff. What are we doing with 12 guys coming off surgery or 40 years old? What type of strategy is that?

I'm firmly in the don't trade Garcia camp. Lots of blame to go around. The only guys we trade right now are the UFA after this season.

The hardest reality is that the organization literally cannot develop major league starters for our team. Last pitcher this organization developed and became an all star top of the rotation guy was Kevin Brown and that was in the early 90s. It's why last year was so amazing. We managed to win a WS with a rotation of guys we signed or traded for. But when the Jack Leiter's or the Kumar Rocker's of the world, just like DVD back in the day, never turn into anything for your team, it's just a killer. You waste high picks, big money and lots of time and get very little in return.
Grapesoda2525
JWinTX said:

South Platte said:

The hardest reality is that the organization literally cannot develop major league starters for our team. Last pitcher this organization developed and became an all star top of the rotation guy was Kevin Brown and that was in the early 90s. It's why last year was so amazing. We managed to win a WS with a rotation of guys we signed or traded for. But when the Jack Leiter's or the Kumar Rocker's of the world, just like DVD back in the day, never turn into anything for your team, it's just a killer. You waste high picks, big money and lots of time and get very little in return.
Does Colby Lewis or Derek holland count?
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Yes. I think they both count.

But the point is still a good one. And I understand that when you make a trade, you have to give up something to get something in return, but that Ragans for Chapman trade is a real kick in the balls. We have this long history of not developing starting pitching and then it seems like the team we share a ST facility with knew what we had better than we did.

I know that is likely not the case, but you finally have a guy and you trade him away for a rental with a reputation of choking in the playoffs. Which is exactly what he did here.
Proposition Joe
CJ Wilson
JWinTX
Grapesoda2525 said:

JWinTX said:

South Platte said:

Does Colby Lewis or Derek holland count?

Colby was solid in the end, but it took a LONG time and a visit to Japan for years to get him to be a contributor.
Derek Holland had some ups but also and downs. Nothing special in my opinion.
rbtexan
S
The Rangers have done a poor job of developing starting pitching. Which makes them exactly like most other teams in baseball.

If you look at it objectively and do a bit of digging, you'll find out there is literally only a handful of teams who have done it with any consistency at all. And while I think the Rangers have arguably done a worse job than most, there's a lot of teams who have struggled to do the very thing we complain about.

Being as close to the situation as we are makes it seem more of an anomaly than it actually is.
Jimbo Franchione
Tksymm7
AG
I think hitching our wagons to older pitchers is an entirely different conversation, at least for this year. This season the offense has been ****e, plain and simple, and that's what I'm worried about moving forward.

On one hand I don't think that Seager and Semien will have this poor of seasons often, Langford and Carter will continue to progress as pros, and it seems like we've got a real guy in Smith. On the other I really do get the sense we've seen the best from Garcia, I don't know what to think about Lowe and Heim, and we quite literally do not have a DH. Then you have Josh Jung just floating in the ether because he can't stay healthy.

We're going to have a rotation led by deGrom, followed by some combo of Mahle, Bradford, Gray, and maybe some others we sign or from the minors. While not the best, it's a good starting point.
Cappo
AG
this is really frustrating. 3-5 year window? We aren't even gonna make the playoffs
fc2112
Horrific

Flounder Dorfman
AG
The window is still open, despite what happens this season.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
A lot of truth here.
Coppell97
AG
Somehow still only 6 back. This ain't over.
Cappo
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

The window is still open, despite what happens this season.
Oh I agree just saying this season is frustrating
Grapesoda2525
rbtexan said:

The Rangers have done a poor job of developing starting pitching. Which makes them exactly like most other teams in baseball.

If you look at it objectively and do a bit of digging, you'll find out there is literally only a handful of teams who have done it with any consistency at all. And while I think the Rangers have arguably done a worse job than most, there's a lot of teams who have struggled to do the very thing we complain about.

Being as close to the situation as we are makes it seem more of an anomaly than it actually is.
Phillies, Astros, Giants, A's, Seattle, and TB are good at it.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Hall of Famer Adrian Beltre

Proposition Joe
Coppell97 said:

Somehow still only 6 back. This ain't over.

Really need to salvage 1 today and then feast on Chicago.

It ain't over, but if we have a bad week it is.
DallasAg 94
Last night, the broadcast indicated that Scherzer's Velo has been down... 90.7 for his 4S, IIRC.

Today, Sandler threw some real cold-water on the future of Scherzer. He mentioned that Scherzer faced Baltimore 3 weeks ago and that they're just too good a 2nd time through.

He suggested Scherzer from last night might be who he is in '24. I would extrapolate that '25 may not be assured.

Scherzer apparently is listed day-to-day and his next GS may not happen.
Tksymm7
AG
Honestly was not a good trade in almost anyway.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Last night, the broadcast indicated that Scherzer's Velo has been down... 90.7 for his 4S, IIRC.

Today, Sandler threw some real cold-water on the future of Scherzer. He mentioned that Scherzer faced Baltimore 3 weeks ago and that they're just too good a 2nd time through.

He suggested Scherzer from last night might be who he is in '24. I would extrapolate that '25 may not be assured.

Scherzer apparently is listed day-to-day and his next GS may not happen.
I'm dying to see the team punt on this season and restock the farm. We just have way too much going against us.

rbtexan
S
So you want to blow the whole thing up (which would be such a Rangers thing to do) after one slightly underperforming season.

Good lord, some of you act like we're stinking it up like the White Sox. 6 games under .500 with the injury issues we've had isn't horrible.
Jimbo Franchione
Proposition Joe
Orioles get a free base because Leody lazily throws the ball in.
shack009
AG
Ump tried to hose Heaney, but he gets out of it anyway.
shack009
AG
Holy baloney with this umping...
First Page Last Page
Page 290 of 358

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.