*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

725,672 Views | 12534 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by DallasAg 94
Cappo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
not a good ending there
Water Boy
AG
Dang another disappointing performance by Garcia in the derby.
LostTexasBoy
AG
Those bonus pitches were all crap. Adolis shouldn't have swung but they were absolute *****
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Yeah. He definitely shouldn't have swung. I'm not sure if he just didn't understand the format?
Silvertaps
AG
Just hearing that national anthem…was she a Make A Wish Foundation participant?
FriscoKid
AG
Silvertaps said:

Just hearing that national anthem…was she a Make A Wish Foundation participant?

I'm glad she was there so Garcia didn't get worst performance of the night.
AgBQ-00
AG
So.my wife and I were wincing and laughing at the singer. Who the heck is that? I want to make sure I never have to hear her again.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Tksymm7
AG
It's might be the worst of all time
FriscoKid
AG
TefIon Don
AG
2 days after a former President almost gets assassinated and the MLB trots out that abomination of an anthem singer.
Tksymm7
AG
Apparently she's incredibly sick and her publicist refused to cancel. If that's the case the publicist will no longer have clients moving forward.

OR, on the flip side the publicist is covering her ass in a major way. Which in that case that's one hell of a publicist.
LostTexasBoy
AG
Well ****
TefIon Don
AG
Garcia just can't lay off a pitch. All of those bonus round balls were inside.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, this seems like a publicist stepping in front of a bullet. The secret service may want to take some lessons
AgBQ-00
AG
All I know is she is getting roasted online about it.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
DallasAg 94

DannyDuberstein
AG
That was a good HR derby. The 3-4 out/bonus ball ending to each round was a great change. Could probably cut down in the # of pitches in the 3 minutes to slow things a bit, but this was a better format
Water Boy
AG
Need to go 8-5 the rest of the month to hit my 12-7 target set a few days ago. Need to take care of business against the CWS and win at least 3/4 against them. 8-5 should be very doable.
Grapesoda2525
Water Boy said:

Need to go 8-5 the rest of the month to hit my 12-7 target set a few days ago. Need to take care of business against the CWS and win at least 3/4 against them. 8-5 should be very doable.
Chicago is so bad we might need 4/4, but somehow going 2/3 against Baltimore would be amazing.
Grapesoda2525
Glad HR derby is over. All star game for all of the major sports is a terrible product.
DallasAg 94
We had a great time at the HR Derby.

I'm hoping Garcia has a bit of self-reflection and realizes he isn't hitting HRs every at bat... nor does he need to.

Get some good ABs and base hits... earn some RBIs.
Water Boy
AG
Or that he doesn't have to swing at every pitch. People were complaining about the guy throwing but during the bonus round you are not required to swing and he swung at every pitch. If you can't wait for your pitch during batting practice as a professional player, I don't know what to tell you.
DallasAg 94
Agreed.

DallasAg 94
With all the local festivities, there hasn't been much talk about the draft. As World Series Champs and the last to select each round, not too much excitement. This is where the GM has to make money (aka find gems).

So far:
1. Malcolm Moore (Stanford): C; 4So - $2.97M // Sam Huff type? I think he projects to 1B
2. Dylan Dreiling (Tennessee): OF; 4So - $1.29M
3. Casey Cook (UNC): OF; 4Jr - $710K
4. David Hagaman (WVU): P; 4Jr - $530K // I believe he had internal brace surgery recently.
5. Devin Fitz-Gerald (Fl HS): SS; HS Sr - $389K // Fitz-Gerald is an NCSt Commit
6. Garrett Horn (Liberty U): P, 4Jr - $303K
7. Rafe Perich (Lehigh): 3B, 4Jr - $239K
8. Anthony Susac (UoAz): P, 4Jr - $202K
9. Keith Jones II (NMSU): OF, 4Yr Sr - $187K
10.Jake Jekielek (Northwood U): P, 4Sr - $179K

Found this on Garrett Horn:

Quote:

Uncle Pat Underhill played baseball professionally in the Texas Rangers organization

Looks like nothing more than Rookie ball. Good chance Horn was selected with knowledge he'd sign for well below slot and we use some of that money to sign Fitz-Gerald?!

1 HS kid and 4 Ps

If the WVU kid just had brace surgery, I'd suspect he was taken to sign well under slot, as well. No way he'd want to spend the next year rehab'ing an elbow in college knowing his draft position would tank for 2025.

Also, 4Srs are often drafted to sign under slot.

It will be interesting to see who we take the rest of the way. Could be the Rangers have able to determine how much they could offer a HS kid and persuade him to sign.
Water Boy
AG
The actual all star game is alright but the HR derby is where it's at. Such a fun experience that I recommend to all MLB fans if they have the funds. Glad you had a great time.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Glad HR derby is over. All star game for all of the major sports is a terrible product.

It is, but it's pretty good at getting kids excited about baseball. I still remember going to the BPiA when they hosted the ASG in 1995 and having a blast. I made it pretty far in the POGs tournament, if anyone remembers those.
shack009
AG
I don't know much about Hagaman and Susac but they both have really high ERAs. Hagaman's was much better in 2023, but Susac had a 6+ ERA each of the past 2 years and it was almost 9 in 2022.

I'm sure it's a "stuff" play, I just find it interesting that we took two college pitchers from good programs who don't have great numbers.
shack009
AG
And Horn only appeared in 4 games this year. His ERA was over 4 in each of the last 2 years, though obviously a small sample this year.

Jekielek had an ERA over 4 this year, but it was 1.11 in 2023. It was over 6 in each of his first two years, though, so 2023 appears to be an extreme outlier.

Just a really confounding draft strategy for college pitchers. It's not like this organization has earned a ton of faith for pitcher development.
Mr Gigem
AG
Yikes

Tksymm7
AG
I just saw this and was going to post it. You have a serious issue if you are that inebriated before a huge moment such as that.
DallasAg 94
"I hear it's super fun."

I dated a girl right after college. It was that fun dating before real life starts. We quit dating because an intervention sent her to rehab (3rd time). She called me on her way home from rehab.

"What are you doing?"

"Stopping to get a fifth of vodka before I get home."

100% this girl does the same.
fc2112
I wish her the best.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I hope she gets the support she needs and she stays way the hell away from social media.

Addictions have always been very difficult to overcome. Social media, especially for any kind of public figure, has to make it incredibly worse.
agent-maroon
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

"I hear it's super fun."
Doesn't seem like what you would want to hear from someone serious about beating an addiction. Hope I'm wrong.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 283 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.