*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

725,664 Views | 12534 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by DallasAg 94
thegoodolag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds more like a PR ploy to me.
rbtexan
S
agent-maroon said:

DallasAg 94 said:

"I hear it's super fun."
Doesn't seem like what you would want to hear from someone serious about beating an addiction. Hope I'm wrong.

You're not
Jimbo Franchione
Flounder Dorfman
AG
thegoodolag15 said:

Sounds more like a PR ploy to me.

Very well could be.

But if not, that's the absolute last thing she should see on social media. Which is exactly what she would see on there. And why if this is real, she needs to stay as far away from it as possible.
shack009
AG
Also don't musicians sing drunk all the time? Like every day in concerts and then they will do it randomly at a live music bar after a long night of drinking. I'm not sure just being drunk makes that come out of your mouth.

There's that story of Post Malone playing Mahomes and Kelce in beer pong a bunch of times backstage before a concert trying to beat them but he couldn't win.

I don't know, this just seems really fishy.
agent-maroon
AG
Blaming it on alcohol when the real problem is opioids/meth/crack might be the best PR move they had.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rbtexan
S
Stereotype much?
Jimbo Franchione
Tksymm7
AG
She was 1000% inebriated in some capacity, whether by drugs or alcohol. You don't automatically sound that awful when you have songs with millions of downloads on Spotify or Apple Music. Technology can hide a lot, but it doesn't hide how awful she was last night.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Just listened to one of her songs performed live, I definitely don't love her sound in general, but she could carry a tune noticeably better than last night. Her sound is definitely not my cup of tea.

I can see the drunk story checking out. My wife also had read somewhere that she was pretty sick but her publicist wouldn't let her not perform.
justnobody79
that was more than just alcohol, there was some other substances mixed in
shack009
AG
rbtexan said:

Stereotype much?
Is it not true?
rbtexan
S
No....it's not
Jimbo Franchione
PatAg
AG
Think she chose going to rehab vs admitting she couldnt sing well live
Super Aggie 64
AG
Anyone at the All Star Game?
Mr Gigem
AG
Yes
dvldog
AG
At least the presentation isn't every trope about how everyone perceives Texas. At least they're letting us use electricity.

Good grief.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Count me as one who never saw Jurickson Profar starting the All Star Game
Mr Gigem
AG
Wow. That anthem was incredible
shack009
AG
dvldog said:

At least the presentation isn't every trope about how everyone perceives Texas. At least they're letting us use electricity.

Good grief.

My wife and I were talking about this. They turned the Texas up to 14.
bmac_aggie18
AG
DallasAg,

Theoretically, if one of these All Star Teams played a full 162 game season against all 30 regular teams, statistically, about what would their record be?
beagle2009
AG
Ohtani is just ridiculous
Tksymm7
AG
Best player in baseball as a DH
DallasAg 94
Y
DallasAg 94
He was the #1 prospect for like 2 years.

Once he got hurt lifting weights... just seemed to never be that great

SDPs just seem to work for him.
DallasAg 94
bmac_aggie18 said:

DallasAg,

Theoretically, if one of these All Star Teams played a full 162 game season against all 30 regular teams, statistically, about what would their record be?

156-6

Statistically speaking, you're going to have a bad pitching day a couple times.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Man, thought Seager had that one
GrapevineAg
AG
It sounded good off the bat
gigem1223
3 up, 3 down for Kirby
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

He was the #1 prospect for like 2 years.

Once he got hurt lifting weights... just seemed to never be that great

SDPs just seem to work for him.
Typical ranger bad luck. He sucked while we had him.

Imagine if profar, Holland, and Harrison never got hurt.
South Platte
Proposition Joe said:

South Platte said:

66 games left. We might need to go 46-20. Maybe a couple less. That probably requires a 15+ game win streak.

No.

Either Seattle or Houston will go on a tear. Once the deadline passes, some teams give up, giving the good teams some easy wins. Winning percentages for the division leaders/wild card hopefuls surge. It's pretty rare for division winners to win less than 90 games.

If we don't like my 15 game winning streak, then fine. We are going to need consistent runs of winning 5 of 6, 8 of 10 to get this done. We have to pass 5 teams to reach the wild card, several of which have strong run differentials.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
South Platte said:

Proposition Joe said:

South Platte said:

66 games left. We might need to go 46-20. Maybe a couple less. That probably requires a 15+ game win streak.

No.

Either Seattle or Houston will go on a tear. Once the deadline passes, some teams give up, giving the good teams some easy wins. Winning percentages for the division leaders/wild card hopefuls surge. It's pretty rare for division winners to win less than 90 games.

If we don't like my 15 game winning streak, then fine. We are going to need consistent runs of winning 5 of 6, 8 of 10 to get this done. We have to pass 5 teams to reach the wild card, several of which have strong run differentials.

winning the division should be the goal. Probably easier than getting a wildcard.
DallasAg 94
I know... tl ; dr ... wall of words. statistics. But there are points to be made.

Neither Seattle (Hitting) nor Houston (Pitching) bother me. Arrighetti is Houston's #4 and they don't have a #5 until either Verlander or Garcia (TJ about timing with Mahle, but Garcia was shutdown from rehab) get back.

In the world of "That's how baseball go," I would say you are pretty accurate. The reality is baseball doesn't go how you think it will go, which is exactly the point of the phrase.

Seattle has 2 games in hand (they've played 2 more games). I wasn't sure the best way to show the remaining schedule. You are correct opposing eliminated teams will have a tanked roster. Some playoff teams near the end may rest players.

So, here is what is left.
Bolded are Div Leaders
Strikethrough are teams that are likely to be sellers:
AL: TOR, LAA, OAK, CWS
NL: COL, MIA <- Nobody plays them

Seattle // Houston // Texas
v HOU (3) // @ SEA (3) // v BAL (3)
v LAA (3) // @ OAK (3) // v CWS (4)
@ CWS (3) // v LAD (3) // @ TOR (3)
@ BOS (3) // v PIT (3) // @ STL (3)
- Aug 1
v PHI (3) // v TBR (3) // v BOS (3)
v DET (3) // @ TEX (3) // v HOU (3)
v NYM (3) // @ BOS (3) // @ NYY (3)
@ DET (3) // @ TBR (3) // @ BOS (3)
@ PIT (3) // v CWS (3) // v MIN (4)
@ LAD (3) // v BOS (3) // v PIT (3)
v SFG (3) // @ BAL (4) // @ CLE (3)
v TBR (3) // @ PHI (3) // @ CWS (3)
@ LAA (3) // v KCR (4) // v OAK (3)
-Sept2
@ OAK (4) // @ CIN (3) // v NYY (3)
@ StL (3) // v ARI (3) // v LAA (4)
v SDP (2) // v OAK (3) // @ ARI (2)
v TEX (4) // @ LAA (3) // @ SEA (4)
v NYY (3) // @ SDP (3) // v TOR (3)
@ TEX (3) // v LAA (4) // v SEA (3)
@ HOU (3) // v SEA (3) // @ OAK (3)
v OAK (3) // @ CLE (3) // @ LAA (3)

Seattle has 5 Series (16G) against eliminated teams and 2 Series (6G) against Div leaders
Houston has 5 Series (16G) against eliminated teams and 6 Series (19G) against Div leaders
Texas has 7 Series (23G) against eliminated teams and 4 Series (13G) against Div leaders

Seattle by the nature they are a Div leader will have a skewed #Gs against D leaders.

That September schedule for Seattle is brutal and we'll have everything to say about whether they win the Division or not.

This is what I wrote on the Rivarly thread about Houston's SP:

Quote:

Playoff rotation right now:
Rangers: Eovaldi, Scherzer, Lorenzen / depth: Heaney, Gray, Urena
Astros: Blanco, Framber, Brown / depth: Arrighetti, Dubin, Bloss

Possibly coming
Rangers: Mahle, deGrom, Bradford, Dunning
Astros: Garcia, Verlander
They have 3 healthy MLB caliber SPs. They don't have the farm to acquire via trade... and they are bumped up against the CBT and can't take on more salary without going over (If that is important). I believe they have a number of FAs that could get a QO and if they are over the CBT, their comp for such losses drops.

We have prospects to give. We're up against the CBT, but I don't think any of our FAs-to-be can have a QO made and so there is no punitive result if we stay above CBT (currently projected to be $13M over)
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Personally, I think going 4-2 on those last two series came about as close to saving a season as can happen right before the ASB.

The Rangers just need to focus on winning series at this point. Take 2 of 3 from Baltimore and then you have the White Sox in town for four. Let Seattle and Houston have to weather their upcoming schedule while the Rangers insert Josh Jung back in the lineup.

I'm a fan so I will look at irrationally, but I like how this is set up for the Rangers in the second half. I don't care about how many winning streaks they may or may not need. They have two and half months to work themselves back in. I think they'll do it.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

Seattle // Houston // Texas

ALEast

------------- // @ BAL (4) // v BAL (3)
v NYY (3) // ------------- // v NYY (3)
@ BOS (3) // @ BOS (3) // @ BOS (3)
v TBR (3) // v TBR (3) // -------------
------------- // ------------- // @ TOR (3)
v BOS (3) // @ TBR (3) // @ NYY (3)

ALCentral

------------- // @ CLE (3) // @ CLE (3)
@ DET (3) // ------------- // -------------
@ CWS (3) // ------------- // @ CWS (3)
------------- // v CWS (3)// v CWS (4)
v DET (3) // v KCR (4)// v MIN (4)

NLEast
v PHI (3) // @ PHI (3) // -------------
v NYM (3) // ------------- // -------------
@ StL (3) // @ CIN (3) // @ STL (3)

NLCentral
@ PIT (3) // v PIT (3)// v PIT (3)

NLCentral
@ LAD (3) // v LAD (3) // -------------
------------- // v ARI (3) // @ ARI (2)
v SDP (2) // @ SDP (3)// v TOR (3)
v SFG (3) // ------------- // -------------

We all 3 play:
@ OAK (3) and v OAK (3)
@ LAA (3) and v LAA (4) *Seattle has only3

Seattle
v Hou 3H/3A
v Tex 4H/3A

Houston
v Sea 3H/3A
v Tex 0H/3A

Texas
v Hou 3H/0A
v Sea 3H/4A

This may not be 100% correct, so do check. This is a snapshot of H2H competition without regard to time.

I get that this may not be for some of you... just skip or ignore me.
Proposition Joe
South Platte said:

Proposition Joe said:

South Platte said:

No.

Astros were 4.5 back 10 days after the All Star Break last year (71 games to go).

They were 1 game up on September 5th.

During that time they had 1 win streak over 3 games.

You think we need to tear off a 15-game win streak to make up 5?
Water Boy
AG
Just go 8-5 before the deadline. That should be the minimum to prove to management we don't need to be sellers. I get the record is relative to what the rest of the division does but we need to show everyone we are fighting to win. Anything less than 8-5 just doesn't move the needle. Just my opinion.
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.