*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

221,034 Views | 4834 Replies | Last: 48 sec ago by DannyDuberstein
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He is 37th All Time in HRs and hit more HRs in 4 years with Seattle than he did in 8 years with Texas.
Mozart Paintings
AG
What a game. What a night. So glad I was there - with my 20 yo and 17 yo daughters. Just awesome.
gigem1223
Seattle takes an L
Mozart Paintings
AG
FPTR
DallasAg 94
cr06gis said:

gigem1223 said:

Assuming Gray gets the nod Saturday?

Bradford Sat
Gray Sun

Interesting.

We have:
Cubs
- Eovaldi
Day off
- Bradford <- I get R-L-R
- Gray

Rays - 3
Dunning or Heaney
Dunning or Heaney
? <- Lorenzo's?

Astros (4)
Do you pitch Urena or Lorenzo's in G6 and let Eovaldi go G1 against Houston?

I believe Lorenzen can be back-dated 3 days from OD, which makes D10 be Tampa?!
InternetFan02
AG
This is what it feels like to be a lifetime fan of the defending World Series champions on opening day after watching the banner hanging ceremony and enjoying a clutch victory. First timer here. I still can't believe it.
WestTexasAg
AG
What an awesome night!! Ranger fan for over 40 years. Attended tons of games at the old Arlington Stadium and tons of games at the Ballpark, including a playoff game and a World Series game.

This was my first game at the new ballpark, and I thought it was awesome! Great facility, and obviously lots of energy in the stadium.

My only minor complaint/question - when did we stop playing the Cotton Eyed Joe in the seventh inning stretch? Also no Deep in the Heart of Texas?? Those are unique to Texas. When did we switch to "Take me out to the ballgame" in the 7th inning? Felt more like a Cubs/Harry Carey thing. I don't get it.

Overall, an amazing night! Waited a long time to see that banner unveiled!
fc2112
Janko now only needs 73 home runs to break Barry Bonds' single season record.
double aught
AG
On pace for 162. Looking promising.
94chem
Mateo84 said:

I caught the foul ball from Seager's first inning at bat … didn't spill my peanuts either

Nice. Now work on opening the right end of your $15 peanut bag!
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Grapesoda2525
Not a fan of off days in the middle of a series.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Perfect day to watch the Ags BTHO Auburn!
KT 90
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Perfect day to watch the Ags BTHO Auburn!

I'll probably watching via SECN+ (streaming). Saturday's game is on the regular SECN I believe.
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

They always do this at the beginning of the year, with at least some of the series. I think it give more focus on "opening day" for most of the teams. Rather than starting them all up on the same day.

It at least helps give Lorenzen more time to ramp up and get ready to pitch in a game.
Proposition Joe
KT 90 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

They always do this at the beginning of the year, with at least some of the series. I think it give more focus on "opening day" for most of the teams. Rather than starting them all up on the same day.

It at least helps give Lorenzen more time to ramp up and get ready to pitch in a game.

It's designed to try and A) Give as many teams as possible a weekend home opener and B) Buffer for an Opening Day rain out. For many teams Opening Day is 20% of their season revenue, so especially for the teams in the NE open air it can allow you to salvage things even with bad weather. Philly pushed their OD from yesterday to today.
jkag89
A little bit of Ranger's history that I figured y'all would appreciate
agent-maroon
AG
Man... I miss the days when you could have a pretty girl be a part of the show without triggering a week of protests and a boycott
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr Gigem
AG
The six shooters definitely got upgraded this year
Mr. White
WestTexasAg said:

What an awesome night!! Ranger fan for over 40 years. Attended tons of games at the old Arlington Stadium and tons of games at the Ballpark, including a playoff game and a World Series game.

This was my first game at the new ballpark, and I thought it was awesome! Great facility, and obviously lots of energy in the stadium.

My only minor complaint/question - when did we stop playing the Cotton Eyed Joe in the seventh inning stretch? Also no Deep in the Heart of Texas?? Those are unique to Texas. When did we switch to "Take me out to the ballgame" in the 7th inning? Felt more like a Cubs/Harry Carey thing. I don't get it.

Overall, an amazing night! Waited a long time to see that banner unveiled!

I'd like to know, too
DannyDuberstein
AG
They still play Cotton Eyed Joe right after Take Me Out to the Ballgame, no? I thought that happened a long-ass time ago
fc2112
Mr Gigem said:

The tall blonde in the middle.

IYKYK
KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

so this is why we couldn't afford Montgomery?
sburg2007
I HATE that is all most remember. He was lights out in the ALCS that year. I also hate that he missed part of that season for PED. I'll choose to remember the good times, especially now.
Mozart Paintings
AG
WestTexasAg said:

When did we switch to "Take me out to the ballgame" in the 7th inning? Felt more like a Cubs/Harry Carey thing. I don't get it.
Doesn't every ball park in America sing this during the 7th inning stretch?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think they added it like 30 years ago when they moved to the Ballpark.
Tksymm7
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

cr06gis said:

gigem1223 said:

Assuming Gray gets the nod Saturday?

Bradford Sat
Gray Sun

Interesting.

We have:
Cubs
- Eovaldi
Day off
- Bradford <- I get R-L-R
- Gray

Rays - 3
Dunning or Heaney
Dunning or Heaney
? <- Lorenzo's?

Astros (4)
Do you pitch Urena or Lorenzo's in G6 and let Eovaldi go G1 against Houston?

I believe Lorenzen can be back-dated 3 days from OD, which makes D10 be Tampa?!
This isn't necessarily a bad thing or all that out of the ordinary tbh, but I do think it's a good overview of how piece-meal our starting pitching sort of is and likely will be for a good chunk of the season.
WestTexasAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

They still play Cotton Eyed Joe right after Take Me Out to the Ballgame, no? I thought that happened a long-ass time ago

They didn't last night
Super Aggie 64
AG
WestTexasAg said:

The Rangers usually have God Bless America (for Opening Day, Holidays, and weekend games) followed by Take Me Out to the Ballgame and Cotton Eyed Joe for the 7th Inning Stretch. Maybe the ESPN commercial break time was not long enough for all 3 last night? When the games are on Bally Sports SW, they show the God Bless America performance on TV and then go to commercials.

Also, they usually play Deep in the Heart of Texas during one of the breaks between innings.
cmiller00
AG
Is Janko's hit still a home run with the roof open?
Mozart Paintings
AG
Super Aggie 64 said:

WestTexasAg said:

The Rangers usually have God Bless America (for Opening Day, Holidays, and weekend games) followed by Take Me Out to the Ballgame and Cotton Eyed Joe for the 7th Inning Stretch. Maybe the ESPN commercial break time was not long enough for all 3 last night? When the games are on Bally Sports SW, they show the God Bless America performance on TV and then go to commercials.

Also, they usually play Deep in the Heart of Texas during one of the breaks between innings.
And last night they did God Bless the USA. I didn't really care for it, and the version of take me out to the ballgame was not great.

Nothing beats Wrigley during the 7th inning stretch.

But, let's get back to the World Champion First Place Texas Rangers.
gigem1223
cmiller00 said:

Is Janko's hit still a home run with the roof open?

I'd imagine. That ball landed about 7-10 rows deep.
Mateo84
AG
I know. I tried opening it the right way but the bottom exploded instead
DallasAg 94
Some thoughts about the game.

I was glad Duran got the GS at 1B on OD. He deserves it and he did a great job. I'm not sure how they plan to use Walsh, but giving Duran the nod on OD was a nice touch.

At the end of the year, when we're looking at "cost/win" the $1.7M paid for Jankowski has already met the ROI. I have to believe he had other options for more and more years?! Especially concerning for him had to be Langford. In his session with Langford, Bochy said told Langford it was their expectation at the end of '23, that he'd be on the OD roster in '24. Jankowski knows his role with the Rangers and that has to give more comfort than money.

Sborzy looked confident. Then, he looked mid-season Sborzy. After the GRD it was like he took a deep breath and remembered, "I got the last freaking out to win the World Series. I'm taking over."

Not sure if the Langford hype has distracted Evan Carter. Maybe it was OD... he'll settle in. But Langford and Jankowski certainly planted themselves firmly in the game.

The game experience was different than usual, IMO. I didn't go to many games in '23. I was in 136. It is the OF... the cheap OF seats and the concern was packed with SRO. I'd be interested in hearing other's thoughts. Fans just didn't seem to care (in a good way) and had a freedom to engage in the game. Usually, Rangers fans are a little more timid and reserved. There was more of a confidence like, "We're World Series Champions."

I think I'm going to like it out there. Growing up we always sat in the OF cause that was our economic level. Not sure if it was just OD, but there were lots of people who just didn't give a care... in a good way (mostly).

Sure, there might have been a fan or two removed. Mostly because the Six Shooters were right there. I was surprised at the boldness of some of the fans. At one point a fan called over the woman that leads them (red jacket) and he asked her if the Six Shooters could do something for his buddy. Not sure if it was his birthday or what. But I think he asked if his buddy could climb up there with them and get a picture. To which I think she responded, "I would get fired."

Last year, we were like 0-63 in games we were behind in the 8th inning or later. This year, we are 1-0.
Last year, we converted 48% of Save Opps. This year we are 1-0. Or does that count as 1-1?!

Lots of Cubbie fans, but not too bad.

All-in-all, I think this is going to be a great season of baseball (G1 projection) where we go 162-0 and the atmosphere is going to be great.
Hamburger Dan
Came in from Lubbock for last nights game. New turf looked good, great seats, unbelievable atmosphere, and a walk off win,
made everything right. It's hard to imagine that I started watching the Rangers in 1972, and that was three stadiums ago.
DallasAg 94
Just a reminder that the Cubs SP on Saturday is Kyle Hendriks who was drafted by the Rangers in the 8th Rd of 2011 and traded at the 2012 deadline for Ryan Dumpster.

10yrs, 246 GS, 3.48 ERA.
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 139

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.