*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

725,361 Views | 12532 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by South Platte
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One other fun thing… my 8 year old really wanted a shirsey. The only thing they had in his size was a Jonah Heim city connect. So when Heim went yard he was pretty happy.

Sizes were any issue all around. There were a few things I liked but no M.
DallasAg 94
So, you're going to the game again today and whose shirt is your kid getting.
DallasAg 94
No Langford.

DallasAg 94
Erroneous tweet

rbtexan
S
So much for all that minor league depth. Blain Crim...good lord
Jimbo Franchione
Hair God
AG
I'm pretty sure this is some dude's mlb the show twitter account. Hernandez was picked up by Seattle the other day and this twitter account only has 50 something followers. The bio also states 'not affiliated with mlb'
shack009
AG
Lol he tweets the roster moves he makes in the game?
shack009
AG
FWIW I did a search and haven't seen anything about Langford other than Jeff Wilson saying "another day for Langford" in response to the posted lineup. So nothing official about an injury for Wyatt yet.
DallasAg 94
I thought the same about Hernandez.
Grapesoda2525
If we win the next 2…… we could be back in business.

I've said all along the team that worries me more is Houston. I still believe that after the trade deadline. If push comes to shove, we still have 7 games head to head with the mariners at the end of the season to try and run them down.

Regardless of my personal feelings for both teams ( I'm indifferent to Seattle and hate the Astros). I'd still much rather see an Astros loss then a mariners loss. That could change in a few weeks, but it hasn't just yet.
DallasAg 94

You probably know this, but we start a 3game Homestand against the Astros, tomorrow:

Mon: TBD v TBD
Tue: Mahle v Brown
Wed: Heaney v Valdez

It's asking a lot, but I'd like to sweep the Astros. Because, then it is off to:
@NYY (3)
@BOS (3)

Houston goes
@BOS (3)
@TAM (3)

Seattle hosts:
DET (3)
NYM (3) and then
@ Det (3)

Next 9 games (after today) will tell us a lot.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

You probably know this, but we start a 3game Homestand against the Astros, tomorrow:

Mon: TBD v TBD
Tue: Mahle v Brown
Wed: Heaney v Valdez

It's asking a lot, but I'd like to sweep the Astros. Because, then it is off to:
@NYY (3)
@BOS (3)

Houston goes
@BOS (3)
@TAM (3)

Seattle hosts:
DET (3)
NYM (3) and then
@ Det (3)

Next 9 games (after today) will tell us a lot.
You said it earlier, arrightetti pitches today so we have a good chance to make up ground. Hell just winning the series against the Astros and winning today should make the outlook a lot better.

Although we definitely owe them a sweep for us much as they have "made themselves at home" up here.
KT 90
AG
Latz to the IL with forearm tightness. Langford sitting second day to rest a minor back issue; supposedly could have played today.

Here is your longer term Carter update:

sburg2007
Man, ya gotta feel for the kid.
KT 90
AG
sburg2007 said:

Man, ya gotta feel for the kid.

Yeah, they say it's the second time Carter has had this, so hopefully it doesn't become a recurring issue for him.
KT 90
AG
Jung with his first bomb following his IL stint.
shack009
AG
Man, Duran has killed us...
shack009
AG
Wow, Sox are pulling Pivetta at only 70 pitches. Rangers have barreled him up a little. Was he on a pitch count coming in to this game or is this a move by Cora based on what he has seen the past couple innings?
sburg2007
Only two hits (the best you can have) but, they gotta get some more runs pushed across.
DallasAg 94
Listening on the radio, after the Jung HR... Cora made a mound visit. They said Cora told the IF to stay and not join... they said Cora had some words for Pivetta and was very intentional and deliberate in the message he delivered.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if Cora pulled him.
Grapesoda2525
Giving up 18 runs over 3 games is probably not going to cut it. The pitching staff has been terrible since the blue jays series.
shack009
AG
sburg2007 said:

Only two hits (the best you can have) but, they gotta get some more runs pushed across.
There have been a lot of very loud outs for the Rangers. Josh Smith hit a 3-0 pitch 400' to CF and Seager ripped the next pitch right at the 2B. Semien and Lowe also crushed balls that went just foul. Pivetta was getting really lucky.
Water Boy
AG
This worked last night so let's see if it works today. This team has no fight left. Should have traded evo when we had the chance. Let's get ready for next year.
shack009
AG
And its unraveled...
KT 90
AG
Ouch, 6-2 now.
sburg2007
Welp.
Water Boy
AG
Seconds after I post this they score.
Grapesoda2525
Who the **** is wilyer abreu? Guy has only 12 home runs for the year, but 3 against us in only 2 games started.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Listening on the radio, after the Jung HR... Cora made a mound visit. They said Cora told the IF to stay and not join... they said Cora had some words for Pivetta and was very intentional and deliberate in the message he delivered.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if Cora pulled him.

There is some tension between Cora and Pivetta for sure. You could tell he was pissed when he got pulled. Kind slammed the ball at Cora as he left the mound.
gigem1223
Evo has given up 11 ERs in his last 3 starts. He's got to be better
KT 90
AG
gigem1223 said:

He didn't have his best stuff today and looked frustrated several times. Kept getting two strikes but has trouble putting them away.
shack009
AG
gigem1223 said:

We really needed him today too because the BP has been taxed over the past week.
Grapesoda2525
We haven't seen a good start in awhile it seems like.
South Platte
Pennington sucks.
Grapesoda2525
Not a good first impression for pennington
First Page Last Page
Page 319 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.