*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

485,078 Views | 9264 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Grapesoda2525
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jimtim1216 said:

The past 2 games shows what this team is capable of. As it gets healthy they will go on a run. With as good as the rotation has been it will become better and more consistent. It would not shock me to see us take 2 of 3 from Seattle.
We have 7 games with the white Sox left. All of them in the second half. I'm hoping we can go at least 5-2 or 6-1. They are extremely extremely bad.
DallasAg 94
So... we all on The Happy Train, now?

Baseball is a funny game.

3-1 in our last 4... winning a series against one of the best teams in the NL... really without Seager. LoL.

They'll figure this out...
KT 90
AG
We've used both Robertson and Yates on back to back nights. So likely both will be unavailable tonight. If it's a close game tonight, I assume we roll LeClerc back out in the closer role. He was up and warming last night when Yates was all over the place the first batter or two.

KT 90
AG

Tksymm7
AG
And we're still 33-35 and can't score runs. It's nice to win a series against a good team, but we are far from out of the woods. Let's just keep our heads down and chipping away until the end of June and get guys back.
KT 90
AG
Tksymm7 said:

And we're still 33-35 and can't score runs. It's nice to win a series against a good team, but we are far from out of the woods. Let's just keep our heads down and chipping away until the end of June and get guys back.

Yep. I believe Jung starts his rehab this weekend? Getting him back is key to getting the offense going again I think. We need to get Garcia out of the three hole.

Who knows if Seager plays much this weekend and Seattle has good pitching. Runs likely will be hard to come by, so the pitching will have to set it up to get some wins.
DallasAg 94
For the weekend:

@ Seattle
Fr (9:10p): Heaney ( 12GS, 4.06) v Castillo (14GS, 3.35, 83.1 IP, 85 SO)
Sa (6:15p): Eovaldi (10GS, 2.68) v Kirby (14GS, 3.81, 80.1 IP, 78 SO)
Su (3:10p): Dunning (11GS, 4.80) v Gilbert (14GS, 3.19, 90.1 IP, 84 SO)

Should continue to be low scoring games. Forecast coming...
Tksymm7
AG
Seager not playing last night was probably just being extremely cautionary. We've seen this team without Seager for long IL stretches, and I for one DO NOT want to see that this year. I would bet he plays on and off over the next week+ just to manage him.

I know rbtexan isn't his biggest fan, and I don't think he's a massive addition, but Justin Foscue has already begun taking live AB's in the ACL, so we should see him back with Round Rock at the very least in a week or so as well.
AggieRob93
AG
Hoping this series win begins to turn the ship toward more consistent offensive production, better defense, and more wins!
DallasAg 94
Fr (7p): 63F, Cloudy, 7%, SSW 8mph
Fr (10p): 57F, Cloudy, 8%, SW 4mph

Sa (4p): 56F, Thunderstorms, 66%, SW 9mph
Sa (7p): 56F, Thunderstorms, 56%, S 6mph

Su warmer, 10%, SW 9mph

Home is SW, so it should have a slight breeze blowing in. Should help Dunning not give up HRs.

It will likely be small-ball.

sburg2007
Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

Apparently. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary and of course the broadcast missed it. Cost us an out.
Stars fans are spoiled. DFW hockey fans have the best broadcast in the sport. The rangers probably have bottom 5.

Raymond and an over the hill Emily jones. Not good.

Raymond is not great. I don't care for the rotating fill ins either but, what is wrong with Emily jones? Are you saying she's too old to do her job?
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Emily Jones is a damn American treasure.

You people leave her alone!!!
sburg2007
Exactly. She's great at her job. Develops relationships with players that tell a unique perspective.
rbtexan
S
Yeah....

Plus, she's old enough that I don't feel like a perv for thinking she's hot
Jimbo Franchione
WestTexasAg
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

Emily Jones is a damn American treasure.

You people leave her alone!!!
Agreed. The criticism of Emily isn't fair.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Astros release Jose Abreu, WOW.
alvtimes
bmac_aggie18 said:

came to post that….. only because there was some upstream convo about astros eating his contract….
fc2112
bmac_aggie18 said:

fc2112
My goodness

jkag89
fc2112 said:

My goodness

bmac_aggie18
AG
Regardless of Abreu, this is becoming more and more a young man's game. The mid 30's and sometimes even early 30's can't hang anymore in 2024 Baseball.

Think you'll see Free Agent spending go down in terms of lump sum value on 2nd contracts and lead to a bigger rift between MLB and the Players Union. Next lockout should be real fun…
alvtimes
Young players make it easier to hang onto a guy batting .188 (even carter to keep it ranger related)
Abreu was like .12something for 19 millionish
gigem1223
rbtexan said:

Yeah....

Except she's not. Maybe a 6. Never been a fan of her.
Mr Gigem
AG

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Regardless of Abreu, this is becoming more and more a young man's game. The mid 30's and sometimes even early 30's can't hang anymore in 2024 Baseball.

Think you'll see Free Agent spending go down in terms of lump sum value on 2nd contracts and lead to a bigger rift between MLB and the Players Union. Next lockout should be real fun…
I think we started to see it this past off season. No one wanted to give Monty or Snell long contracts because of their age and potential durability issues as they age. Sure, they got nice sums for 1 or 2 years but nothing long term. Monty screwed himself hitching his wagon to Boras.

If you're not 26, 27 or so, especially as a pitcher, I just don't see these long term deals happening anymore. I think that is great for the teams, bad for the players. Prove it deals are great when they work out, not so much when they don't, obviously.
bmac_aggie18
AG
So crazy to see because it's always been such a huge talking point with these guys getting extended to almost 40 for $300+ Million and I don't think it's going to back to that way anytime soon. I love Seager but even his deal and injury history already (only in year 3) aren't going to be great on the back half.

Do I care? No not really because we won the World Series and he got MVP!
bmac_aggie18
AG
Welcome to the MGM Bet MLB Baseball Game brought to you by ESPN Bet played at Choctaw Stadium of Caesar's Resorts. And people are surprised this keeps popping up…something's gotta give
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

So crazy to see because it's always been such a huge talking point with these guys getting extended to almost 40 for $300+ Million and I don't think it's going to back to that way anytime soon. I love Seager but even his deal and injury history already (only in year 3) aren't going to be great on the back half.

Do I care? No not really because we won the World Series and he got MVP!
Agreed on Seager. Wasn't crazy when they signed him but the WS Championship was worth it. I'd like to see them take on a similar contract if a championship was guaranteed.
Tksymm7
AG
The Rangers are going to have to start using Seager at the DH more and more imo.
KT 90
AG
Tksymm7 said:

The Rangers are going to have to start using Seager at the DH more and more imo.

Yep. Might also be our future first baseman at some point.
KT 90
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

I think we started to see it this past off season. No one wanted to give Monty or Snell long contracts because of their age and potential durability issues as they age. Sure, they got nice sums for 1 or 2 years but nothing long term. Monty screwed himself hitching his wagon to Boras.

If you're not 26, 27 or so, especially as a pitcher, I just don't see these long term deals happening anymore. I think that is great for the teams, bad for the players. Prove it deals are great when they work out, not so much when they don't, obviously.

Boras screwed this up royally. Which is why Monty fired him. According to the MLB twitter guys that leak the details, it sounded like a decent number of teams were willing to give Monty a 5 year deal at however many million ($25, or 26 or 27 in that range). But Boras got greedy and wanted more years guaranteed and thought he could set the market and basically force it to happen. Nobody bit through and Montgomery, Snell, JD Martinez, maybe more had to settle for 1 or 2 year deals.

Pretty sure it was reported that CY and Rangers were good with five years. But balked at the additional years.

Hopefully more will fire Boras' ass. He seems bad for baseball on an overall basis.

KT 90
AG
rbtexan said:

Yeah....

I have no issues with Emily Jones, but give me Leslie McCasslin any day of the week over Emily. Yum....
Super Aggie 64
AG
Game is on Apple TV+ only.

KT 90
AG
KT 90
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 265

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.