***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,527,415 Views | 63366 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by houag78
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Man Correa not only flubs an easy groundout when the game was on the line, he also lollygagged and missed a chance to make it to 1st due to a crappy throw.

Doesn't he have plantar fascism is both of his feet? That's a hell of a lot better than I'd run.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
cone
AG
woof
FrioAg 00
AG
Wow - that's an awful look for AC.

cc10106
Dezenzo's hitting a dinger. Book it.
txags92
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Man Correa not only flubs an easy groundout when the game was on the line, he also lollygagged and missed a chance to make it to 1st due to a crappy throw.

Was he pointing at his wrist and shouting "My time!" on his way to first?
tjack16
AG
tjack16 said:

So why Whitcomb over Dezenzo?

Well guess they had enough of the errors
Prosperdick
AG
txags92 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I loved his swagger and we needed it at that time but I'll always have a softer spot for Springer than Correa, who always gave off prima donna vibes. I will say whenever Jeremy flubs one I do miss Correa and his cannon.
cc10106
Good sale on Hooks gear for anyone interested:
https://milbstore.com/collections/corpus-christi-hooks/men
BQRyno
AG
I know it's stating the obvious, but it's wild how JP can make the spectacular play but boot an easy grounder. It's like he takes the easy plays for granted and blows them way more frequently than he should. Have to imagine he'll learn to stay locked in on every play.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG

Didn't think Chas would be an option this early. It also sounds like Alvarez is not looking good for the WC. At least that's how I read it if he's only walking on a treadmill.
Farmer1906
AG
txags92
AG
Prosperdick said:

txags92 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I loved his swagger and we needed it at that time but I'll always have a softer spot for Springer than Correa, who always gave off prima donna vibes. I will say whenever Jeremy flubs one I do miss Correa and his cannon.
Yeah, the Prima Donna vibe with him was always a bit much for me, especially towards the end of his time with Houston. He certain had a lot of moments of greatness here that were undeniably part of what made the whole team successful, but I can honestly say I wasn't all that broken up when he decided to go elsewhere for the big money.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I can't see how he makes the WC roster unfortunately.
Booma94
AG
BQRyno said:

I know it's stating the obvious, but it's wild how JP can make the spectacular play but boot an easy grounder. It's like he takes the easy plays for granted and blows them way more frequently than he should. Have to imagine he'll learn to stay locked in on every play.
He's the Heywood Jeffires of the Astros... Makes upper echelon plays regularly, but boots plays that are routine.
txags92
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Didn't think Chas would be an option this early. It also sounds like Alvarez is not looking good for the WC. At least that's how I read it if he's only walking on a treadmill.
Yeah, I would guess those two things (Alvarez on a treadmill and Chas a possibility for the WC roster) are probably pretty closely related. Don't like hearing Espada speculating about Yordan missing the WC series, because with how things have gone this season for injury reporting, it is pretty natural to assume he really means he might miss the playoffs entirely.
tjack16
AG
I feel confident about winning a wild card series without Yordan… but not anything further than that
Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

I feel confident about winning a wild card series without Yordan… but not anything further than that
I wish I shared your confidence but I think we really need him, especially if we're facing red hot Detroit. Although KC is scuffling I don't like that we just swept them in 4 games as that has a way of evening out sometimes.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Farmer1906
AG
Potential GameChanger for KCR

Mathguy64
AG
He would literally be trying to play in the WC with no rehab.

Tucker did that and it took several games. But he didn't have a broken wrist. He could swing a bat.
falcon09
AG
cc10106 said:

Good sale on Hooks gear for anyone interested:
https://milbstore.com/collections/corpus-christi-hooks/men
I got a Whataburger hat a couple weeks ago when they first went on sale. It's probably a good thing the "Blue Ghost" hat wasn't on sale so I don't have to convince the wife I need another hat. Spent the night on the Lexington with the scouts about 25 years ago.
W
AG
all right, this is a stat-padding series

pump up the averages and add a few more to the counting numbers
W
AG
Altuve singles...maybe doubles

either way hit 184 on the season
jkag89
Hustle double. I figure New York will give us this one since they want the Damn Yankees as the 1 Seed.
W
AG
ruled a double

gives Altuve 30 doubles -- nice even number for the back of the baseball card
W
AG
infield single for Tucker
W
AG
Bregman sac fly

75 RBI
mwm
It seems like forever since we've jumped ahead with a lead.

I could get used to it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The spirit of Shay Whitcomb is in Cleveland
W
AG
Caratini reaches E-6
Ag_07
AG
How can we match up with Cleveland?
JB!98
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Let me translate to Astros:

Alvarez doing well on life support, seems to still have a heartbeat. We will need to see some brain activity before we decide to take him off...... Uh um put him on the WC roster. Damn.
MaxPower
I'm calling my shot. Yordan is starting game 1 of the WC even if he only has one leg.
First Page Last Page
Page 1805 of 1811

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.