***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,292,267 Views | 60477 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by Mathguy64
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

txags92
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

So with the current offense and defense on the field, does 18-10 to get to 90 wins feel more or less likely than 8-20 to finish with 80 wins?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
txags92 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

So with the current offense and defense on the field, does 18-10 to get to 90 wins feel more or less likely than 8-20 to finish with 80 wins?

Why the **** would you put that into the universe
houag78
AG
Actually it was a 1-2 count (just checked the video), but I think the dude had a huge lead, was off at the crack of the bat, benefitted from the hang time, etc. Just thinking that maybe we should hold the potential winning run a little closer to first base in that situation. It all worked out, but felt for a minute like one swing changed it from a W to an L, on a ball that wasn't exactly scorched.
Ag_07
AG
The Royals have incredible speed on their team. Seems like every guy besides Salvy is a burner
W
AG
Pasquantino is a big loss for the Royals

and big for the remaining 3 games in this series
txags92
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

txags92 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I think Jeremy Pena's 5 errors in 10 games and Abreu's morph into Montero (among other things) brought it into the universe. I am just curious where folks think we end up. With the remaining schedule, I am expecting (hoping may be a better word) for the high side of 85, but if these guys continue to lose focus and play like they don't care in more than 1 game each series I could see closer to 80 being a real possibility.
Kashchei
AG
Obligatory "cool story, brah"

I live in DFW and the Ranger "fans" have all but disappeared. Meanwhile I still get multiple "go Stros!" a week when I'm wearing my gear around town. I guess the Arlingtonians finally accepted they are a one-hit wonder and it's time to return to their usual mediocrity.
tjack16
AG
I'm thinking we go 16-12 to finish 88-74
AggieJ2002
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Damn, that really sucks for him and the Royals. On the travel softball team that I've been coaching, we always call these the emergency room throws because if you throw it bad and to the right, you gonna put your first baseman in the emergency room.
TarponChaser

txags92 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Uno reverso on the hex
txags92
AG
TarponChaser said:

txags92 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Uno reverso on the hex
Exactly. Pretty much every time I come out negative, they go on a run. Now I probably jinxed that too though.
cc10106
That really sucks for Vinnie and KC, but Salvy needs to cool it. Outside of Chas's idiotic play against Seattle last year, the Astros are one of the teams least likely to risk injuries to other players.
Mr.Bond
AG
cc10106 said:

That really sucks for Vinnie and KC, but Salvy needs to cool it. Outside of Chas's idiotic play against Seattle last year, the Astros are one of the teams least likely to risk injuries to other players.

Did he insinuate it's our fault??
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

spadilly
S
Salvy seems like a great guy for all I've seen and read. Did he comment on it and I just missed it?
Ag_07
AG
No

He was chatting up Yanier as the new pitcher was warming up and it looked as if they were discussing the play and Yanier had this 'What was I supposed to do?' look on his face.

He wasn't chewing him out or anything. Just a discussion where it looked like Salvy was kinda coaching up Yanier and Yanier didn't seem very interested.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ag_07 said:

No

He was chatting up Yanier as the new pitcher was warming up and it looked as if they were discussing the play and Yanier had this 'What was I supposed to do?' look on his face.

He wasn't chewing him out or anything. Just a discussion where it looked like Salvy was kinda coaching up Yanier and Yanier didn't seem very interested.
What's more impressive, Salvador hitting 48 home runs in a season or Yainer hitting 23 while being stymied by Dusty Baker?
cc10106
Fair enough. Didn't meant to imply Salvy's not an upstanding guy, and I recall us looking at trading for him last year. Just not sure it's his place to give pointers based on an unfortunate but clean play, but I may be wrong.

_veeyah_
AG
Ag_07 said:

No

Yea what I tried to read from his lips he said something about the pitcher trying to catch the ball and he thought that he broke his thumb (I don't know if he was talking about the 1B or pitcher) but then he covered up his mouth. Diaz did respond to him but I forgot what he said. I'm sure they were just chatting it up.
houag78
AG
I noticed several of our guys chatting w him throughout the game. Heck, Yordan gave him a hug before stepping into the batters box his first AB.
houag78
AG
Ever since we broke out of our early season funk we've been tracking towards 85-87 wins. Still think that's most likely range.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
He's a veteran future HOFer who's universally respected. Also a Venezuelan so it's no surprise he chats up a lot of guys. Seems like really good people.

I like Salvy and wish there would've been some way to bring him here a couple years ago.
mwm
I hear there is a guy named Jose Abreu that might be available for the royals to consider.
f1ghtintexasaggie
SIAP

https://www.reddit.com/r/Astros/s/AcQpYxjTMU
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
_veeyah_
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I mean if he hits HRs running the bases wouldn't matter.
linkdude
AG
Maybe he'll participate in Kids Run the Bases this weekend.
tjack16
AG
linkdude said:

Maybe he'll participate in Kids Run the Bases this weekend.

"Great progress from Tucker… he smoked some 3rd graders in a foot race. Unfortunately he did sleep wrong the next morning so he will be out for the remainder of the year"
Ag_07
AG
Slept wrong on his shin
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ben Gamel appears to be no-catch
EastCoastAgNc
AG

No Alex. Hopefully he didn't maton himself after getting ejected
First Page Last Page
Page 1548 of 1728

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.