***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,088,725 Views | 57084 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Farmer1906
3B Paul 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ort has been solid in his limited chances. I like him pumping strikes with a 5 run lead.
Wabs
AG
6 mother ****ing road wins in a row.
Beau Holder
AG
Leverage arms completely rested, Yordan stays hot, rotation keeps looking like it's come together, alone in first.

I was so sure this team was dead like eight times, but here they come again.
TarponChaser
Man, where the hell did Kaleb Ort come from. Probably been discussed but he's 32 and a grand total of 51.2 IP in the majors in his career (before this year) and now he's up there just shoving 98-99 with a sub-1 ERA and been stupid good.

Seems like there's got to be a great story there.
W
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

W said:

key wildcard series between the Royals and Twins this week

Astros can close the gap on those teams with wins in Tampa
Suddenly it's 1987 in here.
it's the way the game goes...

the Royals went 12-1 vs. the White Sox

likewise the Twins went 12-1 vs. the White Sox

gives KC and Minnesota a big boost in the wildcard standings
Mathguy64
AG
+8 to .500. Keep winning series.
Marvin
AG
iamtheglove said:

Marvin said:

Can someone with Fubo, or otherwise IT-inclined, explain why I can't get Space City when on the road? I've even used a VPN and it doesn't show as a listing in the guide. Any secret to this?

What about an MLB account... can I watch the Astros if not located in the market? I spend every other week out of state, but I don't want to pay for it only to find out that my billing address blacks the games out no matter my location.

TIA

The short answer is that MLB owns the out of market rights to the regional broadcasts. To protect the revenue from that package they require any "over the top" (streaming) to authenticate both your in market subscription with cable/satellite/fubo and your current location by zip code. Early on the Fox regions negotiated what were euphemistically called "couch rights" which would allow streamers to authenticate you even if in a zip code outside the teams territory so long as you established your presence back in territory within 30 days (retroactively). If you are constantly in and out of market you historicly should have been ok, but since MLB has taken over some of the team rights and Bally (formerly Fox) is now in bankruptcy, them may have rolled back the couch rights.

Sorry, probably more than you wanted to know.

Good info, thanks!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agdaddy04
AG
It's the free game on MLB AB tonight so I'm watching it since ours finished such a while ago.
W
AG
the Astros are going to have start pinch-hitting for the outfielders in critical RBI situations

Espada needs as many substitution options as possible
All I do is Nguyen
The Ort cloud seems to be legit

Prosperdick
AG

6 in a row BABY!!! Could this be the magical 10 game streak Dana talked about a lot at the start of the season? I'd certainly take it!!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Prosperdick said:

6 in a row BABY!!! Could this be the magical 10 game streak Dana talked about a lot at the start of the season? I'd certainly take it!!

WE
ARE
****IN
BACK
BABY
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Ag4life80
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Very cool for Will
Prosperdick
AG
Ag4life80 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Very cool for Will
I wonder if we'll regret Will more than Loperfido? I know Will's ceiling was supposedly journeyman but who the hell knows.
iamtheglove
I'm not very conversant in analytics, but a quick check of Orts minor league stats looks like he had an issue with walks inflating his WHIP. Other than that all else looks pretty good.

Wonder if it was as simple as the Astros tinkering with his mechanics to allow him to throw more strikes or perhaps eliminating a troublesome pitch from his arsenal.

Orts stats pitching with Astros from post above: 0.90 ERA | 10 IP | 3 H | 0 BB | 14 K

agdaddy04
AG
Wagner is 3-3 in his debut.
Mathguy64
AG
And the Arlingtonians go down in Manfredball.
Wabs
AG
Arlingtons lose
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Wagner is 3-3 in his debut.

Good for him. But, it is the angels... So...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Rangers lose in extras to the Red Sox
agdaddy04
AG
Haha. Was gong to add that.

I wouldn't doubt the As finish ahead of the Angels this year
fullback44
AG
Wabs said:

Arlingtons lose
The Arlingtons are 4-12 in their last 16 games yet it's the umps fault tonight …
All I do is Nguyen
Meanwhile in Chi-Town

Prosperdick
AG
Quick...to the rangers thread, oh, they stopped posting a week ago. Nevermind.
BadAggie
AG
Other than one game this season Framber has looked the part of, and pitched like, an ace.

Still crazy how well the starting pitching has held up despite all of the injuries. I assume with JV returning that Joe will figure out how to give Blanco a break.
wangus12
AG
fullback44 said:

Wabs said:

Arlingtons lose
The Arlingtons are 4-12 in their last 16 games yet it's the umps fault tonight …
I need the Mariners to be 4-12 in their next 16
Mathguy64
AG

Farmer1906
AG
1% is…. Low
Mathguy64
AG
Ain't no repeat winner this year.
Harry Dunne
Prosperdick said:

Ag4life80 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Very cool for Will
I wonder if we'll regret Will more than Loperfido? I know Will's ceiling was supposedly journeyman but who the hell knows.
I doubt we'll regret either of them too much.

I'm happy for Wagner and I think he'll be a decent enough hitter but he doesn't have the defensive range for middle infield or the arm for 3b or the power for 1b or DH, so he's a guy without a true position and thats why we traded him.

2b is really his best fit, and that wasn't going to happen here.
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Heineken-Ashi
Bregman - I say we do a Three Fifths Compromise and sign him.

We will pay him 3/5 of what he wants. But he has to spend April and May in AAA. Two years in a row Dubon started the year on fire and fizzled. So Dubon at 3rd April and May, Bregman takes over in June when he actually starts hitting above .225.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
First Page Last Page
Page 1365 of 1632

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.