***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,218,367 Views | 59159 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by 3B Paul 97
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is unfortunate the August Bregman is a package deal with April and May Bregman.
FrioAg 00
AG
Today was a sneaky important win.

Next 5 for us are the Rays and then the White Sox, would be really great to go 4-1 or 5-0.

Mariners may have Detroit and Pittsburg in that same window, but that includes Skubal and Skenes on the mound.

Would be really great to put 1.5 games over the Mariners and get above the WC cutoff
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Marvin said:

Thanks for all the info on watching Fubo outside Houston. I still couldn't figure it out so I bought MLB TV for the rest of the year. It works outside of Houston so all good.
Wait --- I live in DFW. Are you telling me I can buy MLB TV instead of sending FUBO $100 per month for a crap product? I thought all of Texas was blacked out for anything but buying an actual service (I buy FUBO for baseball season but much prefer YTTV)
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Buck Compton
AG
HomeFinderCody said:

Marvin said:

Thanks for all the info on watching Fubo outside Houston. I still couldn't figure it out so I bought MLB TV for the rest of the year. It works outside of Houston so all good.
Wait --- I live in DFW. Are you telling me I can buy MLB TV instead of sending FUBO $100 per month for a crap product? I thought all of Texas was blacked out for anything but buying an actual service (I buy FUBO for baseball season but much prefer YTTV)

Dallas is still blacked out.
texasaggie2015
AG
As far as streaming goes- I've really enjoyed DirecTV Stream.
Barnacle
AG
Just reflecting again how criminal was it how little Diaz was utilized in the playoffs last year? What a great luxury to have such hitting from your catcher.

It's really fun just watching this lineup take swings.
Barnacle
AG
TarponChaser said:

Man, where the hell did Kaleb Ort come from. Probably been discussed but he's 32 and a grand total of 51.2 IP in the majors in his career (before this year) and now he's up there just shoving 98-99 with a sub-1 ERA and been stupid good.

Seems like there's got to be a great story there.

Wow. I definitely want to know more. Late Tommy John surgery?
Barnacle
AG
txags92 said:

It is unfortunate the August Bregman is a package deal with April and May Bregman.

Unless it depresses his market value enough for the Astros to afford him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin
AG
HomeFinderCody said:

Marvin said:

I travel outside of Texas and can't stream Space City. It seems I can watch the Astros on MLB TV out of state, at least based on last night. I guess they black out depending on access point and not billing address.

Beats me on Dallas.

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Prosperdick
AG
txags92 said:

If only we could give him a 50 First Dates type of injury to his head and he thinks every day is August 12th or pick a day.
Farmer1906
AG
Rangers might unload players to try and get under a tax level. That's interesting. Anyone we could use?

• Nathan Eovaldi: $2,650,538 (Eovaldi has a player option for $20 million that becomes available to him with 36 more innings.)
  • Max Scherzer: $2,078,853 (The prorated portion of the $30,833,333 the Mets are covering would get transferred to the new team; the Rangers don't get to keep it.)
  • Andrew Heaney: $2,026,882
  • David Robertson: $1,559,140
  • Jos Leclerc: $974,462
  • Kirby Yates: $701,613
  • Andrew Chafin: $662,634 (Chafin has a 2025 club option for $6.5 million.)
  • Carson Kelly: $545,699
  • Jos Ureña: $272,849
  • Travis Jankowski: $265,054
  • Robbie Grossman: $233,871
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Rangers might unload players to try and get under a tax level. That's interesting. Anyone we could use?

• Nathan Eovaldi: $2,650,538 (Eovaldi has a player option for $20 million that becomes available to him with 36 more innings.)
  • Max Scherzer: $2,078,853 (The prorated portion of the $30,833,333 the Mets are covering would get transferred to the new team; the Rangers don't get to keep it.)

I'd take Eovaldi and Yates
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nathan is hurt right now
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Robertson would have a place in the pen. Martinez, Dubin, take your pick.

tailgatetimer10
AG
So he's a perfect fit for the team!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Marvin said:

HomeFinderCody said:

Marvin said:

I travel outside of Texas and can't stream Space City. It seems I can watch the Astros on MLB TV out of state, at least based on last night. I guess they black out depending on access point and not billing address.

Beats me on Dallas.

I watch Space City in Dallas and out of state
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Buck Compton said:

HomeFinderCody said:

Marvin said:

so extremely stupid....4.5 hours away and blacked out....really wish they would re-evaluate...until then I'm stuck with FUBO during baseball season
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
JDUB08AG
AG
I get the feeling Eovaldi wants nothing to do with our franchise
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nathan is hurt right now

Was thinking more next season
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Given his injury history, I'm not sure I would want him either. He's overdue for another elbow blowout.
Ag_07
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Good.

Don't look now but our starting rotation has their second wind and is killing it right now.

We don't need any of their sloppy seconds. We got this dude on the way instead.

Farmer1906
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

• Feels so good, feelin' good again.
    falcon09
    AG
    HomeFinderCody said:

Buck Compton said:

HomeFinderCody said:

Marvin said:

so extremely stupid....4.5 hours away and blacked out....really wish they would re-evaluate...until then I'm stuck with FUBO during baseball season

It's all beyond stupid. Currently 7 hours away in another state and few years ago it was 8.5 and still blacked out. Only options to (legally) watch were DirecTV or drive an hour further away. The current RSN setup needs to die a quick, but horrific death.
    Not saying I use one, but VPNs can do some interesting things...
    TRM
    AG
    The Beef01
    AG
    I've had a bunch of conversations with Rangers' fans the past few weeks traveling back-and-forth to DFW for work and it has really changed my perspective on the Astros' organization.

Rangers fans have 2 things that they all seem to say...

1.) Our injuries have been insane

2.) The organization is positioned for the future and after last year, they're comfortable with a down year

Counter that with the Astros...

1.) Our injuries have been insane (at least 4 of expected 5 starting pitchers on the DL during every game this season...Tucker down 2 months, and counting)

2.) 8 playoff appearances in 9 years (going on 9 out of 10), 7 ALCS appearances, 4 AL pennants & 2 WS championships and absolutely not comfortable with a down year at any point.

On top of all of that, we continue to hear about how depleted and dead our farm system is, but with a major rash of injuries and then Jose Abreu dying in realtime right in front of us....we've sustained success by using our system. So, how can Rangers' fans be so comfortable with their future while fading into oblivion while the Astros "bleak" future is at the center of pushing them into the race?
    The Porkchop Express
    AG
    The Beef01 said:

I've had a bunch of conversations with Rangers' fans the past few weeks traveling back-and-forth to DFW for work and it has really changed my perspective on the Astros' organization.

2.) The organization is positioned for the future and after last year, they're comfortable with a down year

1.) Our injuries have been insane (at least 4 of expected 5 starting pitchers on the DL during every game this season...Tucker down 2 months, and counting)

2.) 8 playoff appearances in 9 years (going on 9 out of 10), 7 ALCS appearances, 4 AL pennants & 2 WS championships and absolutely not comfortable with a down year at any point.

On top of all of that, we continue to hear about how depleted and dead our farm system is, but with a major rash of injuries and then Jose Abreu dying in realtime right in front of us....we've sustained success by using our system. So, how can Rangers' fans be so comfortable with their future while fading into oblivion while the Astros "bleak" future is at the center of pushing them into the race?
    Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED
    Feels so good, feelin' good again.
    The Beef01
    AG
    The Porkchop Express said:

The Beef01 said:

I was looking for a discussion about it, not a pissing match with a bunch of delusion and acting like Garcia's sudden decline couldn't possibly be due to him grabbing a bunch of attention and drawing the interest of people who noticed his head growth and erratic behavior.
    The Porkchop Express
    AG
    The Beef01 said:

The Beef01 said:

I was looking for a discussion about it, not a pissing match with a bunch of delusion and acting like Garcia's sudden decline couldn't possibly be due to him grabbing a bunch of attention and drawing the interest of people who noticed his head growth and erratic behavior.
    The only fans of theirs still active on that thread are pretty rational people. Real baseball fans, not drive-byers. I would suggest that thread because most Astros fans dont care much about the Rangers' day to day makeup and minor leagues. I think I can name 5 guys on their team, but that's it.
    Feels so good, feelin' good again.
    Marvin
    AG
    The Beef01 said:

Copium, and embracing their status as a one-hit wonder.

Seriously, they better enjoy these next two months because their feel good ride is circling the drain. No way they replicate all those career-best seasons again at one time. It was the definition of lightning in a bottle... and in Garcia's case, maybe literally (haha).
    agproducer
    AG

The Beef01 said:

The Beef01 said:

The only fans of theirs still active on that thread are pretty rational people. Real baseball fans, not drive-byers. I would suggest that thread because most Astros fans dont care much about the Rangers' day to day makeup and minor leagues. I think I can name 5 guys on their team, but that's it.
    I shudder to think about a Rangers OnlyFans.
    halfastros81
    AG
    With regard to the Astros farm system, we are told over and over again how depleted it is and how it's easily in the bottom quarter of all mlb farm systems …
    And yet… we keep bringing players up that are effective enough to keep us competitive…. Especially on the pitching front. Couple that with Sugarland being one of the 2 best Aaa teams . I have basically stopped listening to all the crying about the state of the Astros farm system.
    Farmer1906
    AG
    Farmer1906
    AG
    First Page Last Page
    Page 1366 of 1691

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.