***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,274,304 Views | 60157 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by LincolnBorglum79
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not the only one not happy with their trade deadline moves.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
One think to think about in terms of the Dodgers getting a better deal than us. Had we been competing against them there's a chance the price goes amazingly higher and possibly the rushed trade with the jays also higher possibly
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Yep you're correct

Just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?
Wabs
AG
I do wish we would have added another bat. Someone like Canha seemed to be a fit and should have been attainable for "cheap". However.....I am glad to still have Melton and Matthews in our organization, and glad we didn't send them BOTH to TB plus 1-2 other prospects.

Time to roll with what we have!
texasaggie2015
AG
Not really
Beau Holder
AG
I'm excited to give it a bit longer to see what Melton and Matthews become over locking in a complete expiration of any hopes of prolonging the competitive window for a a team currently on an 84-win pace.
jetch17
AG
Can we please not blow ass tonight?
iBrad
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

One think to think about in terms of the Dodgers getting a better deal than us. Had we been competing against them there's a chance the price goes amazingly higher and possibly the rushed trade with the jays also higher possibly

Better deal is a matter of opinion. Our prospects were not highly rated in terms of major league baseball. Toronto probably sees more value in Loperfido than most teams because Click drafted him.
MaxPower
Faustus said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Why couldn't we have made this deal?
This is the type of deal a Click makes. I don't like the Astros don't seem to be as shrewd as they have been in the past.

I'm hoping we can get a Switzer championship now that Crane has marginalized the GM position before the window closes on this run.
I fear that was 2022
Farmer1906
AG
iBrad said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Better deal is a matter of opinion. Our prospects were not highly rated in terms of major league baseball. Toronto probably sees more value in Loperfido than most teams because Click drafted him.
Fangraphs had Bloss at the 96th best prospect in baseball.
cc10106
Win this game for AJ tonight! And the next before Tampa comes to town.
Faustus
MaxPower said:

Faustus said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

This is the type of deal a Click makes. I don't like the Astros don't seem to be as shrewd as they have been in the past.

I'm hoping we can get a Switzer championship now that Crane has marginalized the GM position before the window closes on this run.
I fear that was 2022

Technically Click was still the GM for that one, so we didn't go full Jerry Jones until after Crane lowballed him and made him walk. We're still owed the Switzer championship to show that Crane was the man behind it all.

But I'm afraid that was the apex too.
Farmer1906
AG
Faustus said:

MaxPower said:

Faustus said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I fear that was 2022

Technically Click was still the GM for that one, so we didn't go full Jerry Jones until after Crane lowballed him and made him walk. We're still owed the Switzer championship to show that Crane was the man behind it all.

We 100% did. He veto'd Click's moves.
BCEDAg
AG
Maybe make a deal for JD Davis and drop Aledmys Diaz.
Faustus
Farmer1906 said:

Faustus said:

MaxPower said:

Faustus said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I fear that was 2022

We 100% did. He veto'd Click's moves.

But he didn't go full JJ until after Click was disposed of. Abreu and the Montero extension didn't happen on Click's watch.
linkdude
AG
cc10106
It's been mentioned here that both deals were in the works before Click left.

The Straw trade didn't get vetoed. Thank goodness.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Yeah ok sure
Prosperdick
AG
Ag_07 said:

Some of y'all are acting like this team is dead in the water.

They're in 1st place with 2 months to go. There's a division title to win.

Time to man the fck up.
No ****, we didn't have Tucker, JV, or LuAce for all of this run we've been on and that's like adding an MVP bat, a HOF pitcher (on the tail end) and a borderline all-star pitcher at the deadline. Show me a team that did anything CLOSE to that and we're in 1st. The bleeders here are worse than on the premium board for the Ags except we've WON TWO TITLES!!!!
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Yeah ok sure
Dana didn't say which year.
Farmer1906
AG
cc10106 said:

It's been mentioned here that both deals were in the works before Click left.

The Straw trade didn't get vetoed. Thank goodness.

That might be the single biggest move Click made. Maton was reliable and Diaz is on his way to becoming one of the best catcher's in Astros history. And that isn't hyperbole. Less than 800 PA and he's 9th in WAR, 7th in HR, 6th in wOBA, 4th in OPS, & 9th in RBI.
Chef Elko
AG
Prosperdick said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Yeah ok sure
Dana didn't say which year.

Dude doesn't even have to throw a ball to make millions
Farmer1906
AG
Prosperdick said:

Ag_07 said:

Time to man the fck up.
No ****, we didn't have Tucker, JV, or LuAce for all of this run we've been on and that's like adding an MVP bat, a HOF pitcher (on the tail end) and a borderline all-star pitcher at the deadline. Show me a team that did anything CLOSE to that and we're in 1st. The bleeders here are worse than on the premium board for the Ags except we've WON TWO TITLES!!!!
Yup. I still feel good about this season.

Between Kikuchi, Verlander, & Garcia we should have plenty of innings to finish the season.

Offensively we're solid and should only get better with Tucker coming back. No more Abreu, Mandy, or Dusty to bring the offense down with their nonsense.

I feel like we have missed so many opportunities to do little additions to help improve this team. Even if it's a very small difference (1 extra win) it could be huge in the long run.
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

Time to man the fck up.

Not worried about the division.

I'm more focused on being able to compete with Baltimore, Cleveland, New York and then potentially Philly/LA in October.
linkdude
AG
Justin Turner gave Seattle an early lead but Devers just hit a homer to make it 3-1 Boston in the third.
BadAggie
AG

Make Pops proud, Junior.

Twisted Helix
This makes the trade more head scratching to me. We could've won the division and just stayed pat. To make a deep run we needed a much bigger swing. And we didn't and now young talent is gone.
Farmer1906
AG
345 right down the line. Out of 8 parks. Only 96 off the bat.
AustinCountyAg
?v=1625771921

Time to go win another World Series
JYDog90
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Is that retroactive?
Formerly Willy Wonka
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JYDog90 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Is that retroactive?
Yes
Farmer1906
AG
A Tiger perspective.

All I do is Nguyen
EastCoastAgNc said:

Yeah ok sure
September of '25?
htxag09
AG
Is the game delayed?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
htxag09 said:

Is the game delayed?
No, 1st just ended.
First Page Last Page
Page 1241 of 1719

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.