***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,058,705 Views | 56677 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BadAggie
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NM.
Chef Elko
AG
**** Joe Kelly
Mathguy64
AG
Mr.Bond said:

****in awesome

This picture has so much going on.

Breggy still has his game face on.

Yordan, who has hit his share of game winning piss missiles and knows one when he sees one, is already in celebration mode.

Scott Van Pelt about in row 5 has his orgasm face on.

In front of him you have a chick who looks like she wasn't paying attention.

And behind him you have two dudes who haven't had anything even register on their frontal cortex.
Strategy
AG
All of this without Tucker, Verlander, and Garcia. Do we even need to make a trade?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Quote:

The Astros are in talks to land Jack Flaherty of the Tigers and Yandy Daz of the Rays, among many other discussions they're having with teams as they try to add a starting pitcher and first baseman at the deadline.

Quote:

The Cubs are expected to trade right-handed starter Jameson Taillon. The Astros, Yankees and Padres are among the teams that have shown interest in him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

In the category of players whose stock is dropping:
Quote:

The Toronto left was never being confused for Dave Stieb, but those high-end prospects they hoped to get in return vanished with Kikuchi going 2-5 with a 6.87 ERA in his last 12 starts.

Players who won't be traded
Quote:

2. Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Toronto Blue Jays: He wants to stay and is willing to sign a long-term extension to do so.

Quote:

The White Sox are telling contenders in the AL Central, including the Minnesota Twins, that they really would prefer not to trade within the division. The Twins and Guardians would love to get their hands on starter Erick Fedde.

Quote:

The Tigers plan on trading starter Jack Flaherty, but will remind teams they need to offer a better deal because they plan to offer Flaherty a qualifying offer after the season.

Quote:

The Houston Astros are desperately trying to land a starter, focusing on Flaherty and Feddex, and would also love to acquire Rays infielder Isaac Paredes, too.

Quote:

The Tampa Bay Rays have a nice bidding war going between the Dodgers and Yankees for Paredes.

Quote:

The Angels are getting plenty of action on starter Tyler Anderson (2.91 ERA), but considering he is under contract at $13 million next season, the Angels realize that they won't get a quality starter to replace him at the same contact and could keep him.

Quote:

The Astros, who balked at the idea of giving All-Star right fielder Kyle Tucker a long-term contract extension before he hits free agency in a year, are proving they can at least win without him.

Tucker has been out since June 3 with a bruised shin, and have since gone 27-15.
byfLuger41
AG
Incredible!
TO THE DROP ZONE!!!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

In the category of players whose stock is dropping:
Quote:

The Toronto left was never being confused for Dave Stieb, but those high-end prospects they hoped to get in return vanished with Kikuchi going 2-5 with a 6.87 ERA in his last 12 starts.

Players who won't be traded
Quote:

2. Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Toronto Blue Jays: He wants to stay and is willing to sign a long-term extension to do so.

Quote:

The White Sox are telling contenders in the AL Central, including the Minnesota Twins, that they really would prefer not to trade within the division. The Twins and Guardians would love to get their hands on starter Erick Fedde.

Quote:

The Tigers plan on trading starter Jack Flaherty, but will remind teams they need to offer a better deal because they plan to offer Flaherty a qualifying offer after the season.

Quote:

The Houston Astros are desperately trying to land a starter, focusing on Flaherty and Feddex, and would also love to acquire Rays infielder Isaac Paredes, too.

Quote:

The Tampa Bay Rays have a nice bidding war going between the Dodgers and Yankees for Paredes.

Quote:

The Angels are getting plenty of action on starter Tyler Anderson (2.91 ERA), but considering he is under contract at $13 million next season, the Angels realize that they won't get a quality starter to replace him at the same contact and could keep him.

Quote:

The Astros, who balked at the idea of giving All-Star right fielder Kyle Tucker a long-term contract extension before he hits free agency in a year, are proving they can at least win without him.

Tucker has been out since June 3 with a bruised shin, and have since gone 27-15.

Good stuff, thanks!
MaxPower
What's interesting to me is we make more sense for a rental than anyone else. If you look at the guys we have coming back next year even without JV, we are in decent shape. Yes you can say a lot are injured but ALL pitchers get hurt these days. I wouldn't bank on one that hasn't been hurt YET any more than one who is hurt now. Hell, Flaherty looks like a workhorse now and he missed most of 2022 then looked like ace for a full season. JV was the definition of a workhorse….until he wasn't. Wheeler missed all of 2015 and most of his first season with the Phillies then has been been an ace well into his 30's.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
The problem is that we need someone right now because of the injuries. That same shortage will be present in the first half next year with tye same surgery recoveries, so a rental is less ideal, simply because we will have to make another offseason move to backfill.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Rays are going to sell everything but the kitchen sink.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Has two more years of control
CFTXAG10
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Spencer starts today, gonna need good offense
Boiling Denim
Anybody got the radio call for the walkoff?
wessimo
AG
Texas A&M said:

Texas A&M said:

The radio call with the pitcher's reaction... sweet!

Just to have it on the new page.
halfastros81
AG
Could the Stros possibly win it all without making a trade.? Yes but it greatly increases the chances by shoring up some potential weaknesses. We don't really truly know if any of those guys will make it back to competitive status or not . The front office knows their status a lot better than we do.

Another way to look at it, what's the chances of getting into the right position with Arighetti and Bloss as # 4 & #5 statters
EastCoastAgNc
AG
halfastros81 said:

Could the Stros possibly win it all without making a trade.? Yes but it greatly increases the chances by shoring up some potential weaknesses. We don't really truly know if any of those guys will make it back to competitive status or not . The front office knows their status a lot better than we do.
No. See what happened to the pitching staff in the 21 world series and the first half of the ALCS that year.
MaxPower
EastCoastAgNc said:

halfastros81 said:

No. See what happened to the pitching staff in the 21 world series and the first half of the ALCS that year.
You are assuming we would get a pitcher that's a better option in the playoffs. Based on the price the pads paid for a RP, I'm not so sure that's a reasonable assumption.
MaxPower
SpaceCityAg05 said:

The problem is that we need someone right now because of the injuries. That same shortage will be present in the first half next year with tye same surgery recoveries, so a rental is less ideal, simply because we will have to make another offseason move to backfill.
we have 5 guys right now. The issue is 3 are pushing workload they have never seen. Those same guys likely won't have those limitations next year, plus you have Garcia and LMC (schmaybe?) to start the season. Is that a perfect situation? No but it's better than most teams will have to deal with.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thanks, Dusty

Mathguy64
AG
Our RBI leader is at 55. We won't have anyone crack 100.

This is a very strange year.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Our RBI leader is at 55. We won't have anyone crack 100.

This is a very strange year.

Tucker was on track to. 40 RBI through 60 games

He could have had a 35-40 HR with 100 RBI season and been an mvp candidate
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Woo left the game early for the mariners last night with a hamstring issue
All I do is Nguyen
texasaggie2015 said:

Twisted Helix said:

Them just put the unconfirmed rumor out on here. No problem.

I can confirm the Astros might make a trade. And it might be a big one. But there's a chance they don't. How's that?
I hate you but I might love you. How about that?
Big Al 1992
AG
Is anyone's MLB slogan more appropriate than ours?!

#relentless
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
Still confident the Astros will make a couple moves. I don't expect a big splash but I wouldn't worry about them standing pat for now.

I actually think there's a decent chance we see a move today. They want to add an arm with still a day or two left to find a bat as well.
All I do is Nguyen
Does anyone have video of TK and Blum or the radio crew calling the walk off? I love seeing their reactions as well as hearing them.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Does anyone have video of TK and Blum or the radio crew calling the walk off? I love seeing their reactions as well as hearing them.

I haven't seen anything posted, usually for the radio guys the cameras aren't rolling unless it's the postseason
First Page Last Page
Page 1188 of 1620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.