***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,058,709 Views | 56677 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BadAggie
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Twisted Helix
Them just put the unconfirmed rumor out on here. No problem.
Mathguy64
AG
Twisted Helix said:

lol
Why the hatin' on Garvey?
Syphilis laden?

Because Steve Garvey is a sanctimonious lying sack of **** in syphilis laden skin.

He portrayed himself as Mr All American Hero all while cheating on his wife and lying about it. Mr Dodger my ass.

Go read about what a POS he is.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Fellas I'm not gonna lie. I am way too drunk to confirm this rumor tonight.

Epic ending to the game, you've earned it
All I do is Nguyen
Inject this into my veins!!!!

Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Fellas I'm not gonna lie. I am way too drunk to confirm this rumor tonight.

Called it
Ag_07
AG
Man what a night at the park!!! We had seats out in the CF field level club and the entire starting rotation walked out to the pen to watch Blanco warm up and Framber plopped down and started signing for the kids.

Her day was made way before Bregs did his thing.

Nino Brown

agdaddy04
AG
mwm said:

Five days ago we were mad about losing to the A's.

Baseball.

You mean the hottest team in the AL.
All I do is Nguyen
Dodgers radio call

ITLAg13
It's a giant pickup.
MaxPower
https://www.si.com/mlb/astros/news/potential-houston-astros-deal-adds-longer-term-answer-at-first-base

I'd do that deal for Mountcastle
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I would like to see the Padres take over the NL west… fresh meat and I'm tired of seeing the Los Doyers at the end of the season
EastCoastAgNc
AG
ITLAg13 said:

It's a giant pickup.

I swear if crane forced Dana to sell the farm for Snell and it costs us parades or yandy, we riot
MaxPower
I don't even know how we'd figure out if we could have gotten Paredes or Diaz. One thing is almost certain, Paredes would cost more in prospect capital than Snell.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MaxPower said:

I don't even know how we'd figure out if we could have gotten Paredes or Diaz. One thing is almost certain, Paredes would cost more in prospect capital than Snell.

We need the offensive help because I think there's a legit chance we don't see Kyle until spring training. I'd take either one of them at this point. It feels like Brantleys shoulder in 22
MaxPower
I don't disagree with needing offense, just saying the public won't know if it was Crane or Dana or if we could have even gotten Paredes or Yandy.

I wouldn't mind looking at more minor trades. Could we move Chas to the Nats for Lane Thomas? Chas has an extra year of control but I don't think we can fade his down year any longer. Thomas would have a clear role for this team as a lefty killer platoon bat to pair with Joey and Cabbage.

Another thing I'd look at is buying low on Maikel Garcia. The Royals may get Rengifo, which would seem to make him available. Garcia's batted ball metrics are still good and he gives you an option at 3B if Bregman leaves or can take Dubon's utility role in the near future.
tjack16
AG
What's the unconfirmed rumor?
BadAggie
AG
tjack16 said:

Bullshtt
ITLAg13
Check in with me on Monday slick. That's my 5. Night y'all.
PoppaB05
AG
This was a great game. This team looks so different since the Abreu cloud left the building. I'm sure he's a great guy but whatever it was, it just threw off the team mojo.

I hate the idea of trading prospects for a SP that won't start in the playoffs. I understand it would help us make the playoffs but trading for mediocre players is what bad teams do. And we have higher goals than making the playoffs. If JV and Tucker don't come back, we aren't winning this year anyway. Save those prospects for next years run.
MaxPower
tjack16 said:

We have Frankenstein monstered together a pitcher that combines JV's arm, Garcia's body, and McCuller's neck to create one viable starter (making $50M combined this year).
tjack16
AG
MaxPower said:

tjack16 said:

We have Frankenstein monstered together a pitcher that combines JV's arm, Garcia's body, and McCuller's neck to create one viable starter (making $50M combined this year).

Bold of you to assume McCullers neck will survive sleeping on one of the Astros hotel pillows
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Dodgers radio call

I feel like in the moment and the background of these teams, that's a really good call of the moment and explaining the stats/details.
Mr.Bond
AG
****in awesome
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

tremble
AG
Martin Cash said:

The Hammering Hebrew!

Hebrew Hammer rolls off more cleanly
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
n_touch
ITLAg13 said:

Check in with me on Monday slick. That's my 5. Night y'all.

I mean true or not, he's confident
Twisted Helix
He's also an r. Now I've had to start over a couple of times due to unfair and unreasonable moderation, but that's another story for another day, so not necessarily a red flag.
I guess we shall see.
Mathguy64
AG
With the win tonight we are now 8-17 in 1 run games. That just blows my mind. Go .500 in that stat and it's a comfortable lead.

Seattle is 19-15 and the Rangerettes are 16-12.

Crazy.
texasaggie2015
AG
Twisted Helix said:

Them just put the unconfirmed rumor out on here. No problem.

I can confirm the Astros might make a trade. And it might be a big one. But there's a chance they don't. How's that?
MaxPower
tjack16 said:

MaxPower said:

tjack16 said:

Bold of you to assume McCullers neck will survive sleeping on one of the Astros hotel pillows
To be honest, I was just trying to think of something on his body that hadn't been broken yet but you're right I wouldn't feel great about it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1187 of 1620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.