***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,323,396 Views | 60502 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Teddy Perkins
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I love when places are "The Woodlands" but actually Oak Ridge, Spring, Conroe, Magnolia, etc.

Kinda like me when someone says "Houston" but actually The Woodlands
Beat40
MaxPower said:

Bullpen help?

They need to bring him up. Maybe not against the dodgers, but Seth, Scott, and Abreu need some rest.
tjack16
AG
Beau Holder said:

Farmer1906 said:

I love when places are "The Woodlands" but actually Oak Ridge, Spring, Conroe, Magnolia, etc.

Kinda like me when someone says "Houston" but actually The Woodlands

When I talk to somebody who also lives in Texas, I live in Katy. When it's somebody outside of Texas I live in Houston. But one of my friends is from Brenham and claims he's from Houston
Mathguy64
AG
I knew Seattle had a pitchers friendly park but I didn't realize just how much it hurts them as hitters. They have massive reverse splits. This is just July.

Home

Away

For the season home vs away

TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

Looks neat. It's right near DBat & Scrapyard so probably a smart location. I wish they had facilities like this when I was growing up. I take my daughter them all the time for lessons, camps, practice, etc.

These places are blowing up. They put one up in Humble last year. Haven't be though. What makes it different/special?
Farmer1906
AG
TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

Looks neat. It's right near DBat & Scrapyard so probably a smart location. I wish they had facilities like this when I was growing up. I take my daughter them all the time for lessons, camps, practice, etc.

These places are blowing up. They put one up in Humble last year. Haven't be though. What makes it different/special?

No idea. Maybe they're more serious / high level. The Dbat nearby isn't exactly a great place to get instruction. We use Five 10 Five.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

No idea. Maybe they're more serious / high level. The Dbat nearby isn't exactly a great place to get instruction. We use Five 10 Five.

DBat instruction is highly dependent upon the individual location and instructors. At the Upper East Side location there's 3-4 really outstanding instructors but the rest are JAG.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
cc10106
Seems like we usually make deals around the last day or very end of the trade deadline so I don't expect to hear much until after the weekend. Maybe I'll be surprised this time.

MaxPower
Farmer1906 said:

It was the opposite when I was a kid. Everything was Spring or Conroe and The Woodlands wasn't a thing outside the people who lived there.
Mathguy64
AG
More on Seattle. They have the most extreme park factor this year. And Texas is right there with them.

It's not just this year. The three year average has them at the bottom. Texas on the other hand is just bad this year. Their 3 year average is basically neutral.

Farmer1906
AG
BadAggie
AG
Yo Dana, Jimmy, division rival just got better what are we doing?

EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie said:

Being patient and not overpaying?
Ag_07
AG
BadAggie said:

Sitting around being lazy ignoring all calls and setting their out of office messages probably.

Seriously though...WTF do you think they're doing?

These kind of comments show up every year around this time. It does nothing but show your ignorance.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

We have a double contender trade
MaxPower
They need a CF. Not sure what another corner OF does for them. I guess he's an upgrade over Castellanos but will they bench a guy making that kind of dough?
Farmer1906
AG
I don't get this at all.

Looks like a Marsh platoon. They still need a CFer.
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

BadAggie said:

Being patient and not overpaying?

Like Seattle did?
BadAggie
AG
Ag_07 said:

BadAggie said:

Sitting around being lazy ignoring all calls and setting their out of office messages probably.

Seriously though...WTF do you think they're doing?

These kind of comments show up every year around this time. It does nothing but show your ignorance.

Ok skippy

redline248
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Homeboy's name is really Sir Anthony?
MaxPower
That's a lot to give up for a meh platoon bat. Especially one who wants to add to their pen. Been pretty good since a bad April start.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Homeboy's name is really Sir Anthony?
He was on the squad in 22 when we played them in the world series.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
No Bregman trades (duh)

jetch17
AG
Anyone have any recent AppleTV promo codes or anything?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
jetch17 said:

Anyone have any recent AppleTV promo codes or anything?
You can get a 2 month trial through the links on the astros twitter posts about the game tonight, but you only get 1 trial a year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Behind a paywall, anything interesting here?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Would rather have parades, he's coming off the IL
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Would rather have parades, he's coming off the IL
Not IL, but leave, I believe.

Yandy is older and under control for less. I would gladly have him, but much prefer Pardes. Isaac helps the now, but also would cover a big offseason move (replacing Bregman). That way we don't rush the development of Dezenzo, but also have flexibility if he is ready since Paredes can play 1B.
redline248
AG
Yandy's split vs LHP:

.341/.374/.506, OPS+ 145 relative to the leauge vs LHP, 151 wRC+

Only thing that will be a negative is when he's in the same lineup with Yainer and Aledmys
Farmer1906
AG
That double Y Diaz has gotten me before looking at fantasy or stat lists.
Farmer1906
AG
Similar but different take here.

MaxPower
Farmer1906 said:

Similar but different take here.

No Whitcomb love?
First Page Last Page
Page 1165 of 1729

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.