***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,294,420 Views | 60477 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Mathguy64
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Division odds back over 50 percent for the first time since mid April.
fullback44
AG
BeaumontAg05 said:

W said:

the Astros are 20-8 since dumping Jose Abreu on June 13th

you know...might should have done that earlier

Where is Abreu now?

Edit to clarify I know what the Astros did, just curious if he retired or what he's doing.
I looked and couldn't tell where he went? It only says we released him
monarch
S
How much is McCullars getting paid? Does he travel with the team to out of town games?
Peace for Ukraine!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AgSportsFan89
AG
Are we going to call this 2024 team the Miracle Stros?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
Headed to Boston in about 3 weeks.

Will any of Tucker, JV, or Garcia be active by then? I'm hoping Tucker is but not holding my breath
mwm
I think we owe this climb to 1st place to the birth of tjack's baby.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe
AG
Let's gooo. Props on your Hunter Brown confidence earlier this year when he looked like dog poo. What a turnaround.
tjack16
AG
mwm said:

I think we owe this climb to 1st place to the birth of tjack's baby.

Her exact reaction to clinching first place last night

She said and I quote "screw you Scott Servais and your stupid face"

Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I never noticed this before but is that Judas Max Weiner next to ****head?
Mathguy64
AG
He probably was the one who talked Servais into letting Robbie Ray pitch to Yordan
All I do is Nguyen
This sucks if true

redline248
AG
His leg was amputated, wasn't it? They still haven't figured out how to get the bionic leg wiring to work
ttha_aggie_09
AG
So Adrian Peterson can come back form total knee failure in 6 months but Tucker has a bad bruise that knocks him out 3-4 months?

Go find Petersons doctor in Germany or inject the **** out of his leg with peptides
EastCoastAgNc
AG
In his weekly radio appearance, Chandler said he's still limping quite significantly just walking around.
Frok
AG
I've soured on Tucker, I'd let him walk.
redline248
AG
Hasn't played since June 3 and is still limping? Does Houston have the worst doctors in sports? wtf
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248 said:

Hasn't played since June 3 and is still limping? Does Houston have the worst doctors in sports? wtf

Yes. Next question.
redline248
AG
Frok said:

I've soured on Tucker, I'd let him walk.
Except he can't, apparently
tjack16
AG
Gosh dang bone bruises that last 3 months.

Just can't escape them it seems…
Mr.Bond
AG
It was a broken shin. Astros front office is incompetent when it comes to injuries
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mr.Bond
AG
Why guys don't wear the bagwell hand pad or complete shin guards is astounding to me
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

MosesHallRAB04
AG
redline248 said:

They used to have the absolute best. Remember dodging the Brady Aiken bullet that ultimately landed Bregman. Wtf happened?
halfastros81
AG
This Astros team is growing up before our eyes. I think they absolutely have the juice to win the division. I think what we saw in the first 6-7 weeks or so was a team adjusting to a number of changes including losing one of the best pitcher handling catchers in the game, adjusting to a new younger and less experienced roster, and breaking in a new manager that has apparently figured some things out now. Espada's game management has improved significantly.

Having said all of that, they are a few pieces short of having the juice to win it all as currently constructed . Getting Tucker, JV, back and in form will be a big boost but we still have several spots where starters
Have a ton of room to grow. I see a lot of potential with Loperfido and Cabbage but are they experienced enough to help get the team to World Champion level? Ditto Singleton altho he has upped his game since Abreu has been Gone . Bringing back Diaz may help there… maybe. Top level Diaz if you can get that + Dubon do provide A lot of flexibility.

I feel like they have to make at least one significant experienced top 3rd level outfielder and a quality 2nd catcher to make the jump to being a threat to win the whole thing.
dcaggie04
AG
Bone bruise/contusions can take multiple months to heal depending on severity. Looks like Tucker's was on the more severe end.
BadAggie
AG
Need to get a bat at the deadline, a Tucker return looks more iffy with each passing week.

htxag09
AG
Mr.Bond said:

It was a broken shin. Astros front office is incompetent when it comes to injuries

General curiosity but why do people feel this about the front office? I mean outside of just general public just being pissed because they feel entitled to know what the injury is….but it's not like they've made the recovery time longer or hampered is progress…
Mr.Bond
AG
htxag09 said:

Mr.Bond said:

General curiosity but why do people feel this about the front office? I mean outside of just general public just being pissed because they feel entitled to know what the injury is….but it's not like they've made the recovery time longer or hampered is progress…

Well let's see there's a proven track record for starters...... things reported as minor then surgery a few weeks later sometimes on an area that wasn't even reported as injured.

MAGA

Project Gemini
AG
I think people struggle with understanding did 1) was it diagnosed wrong, or 2) are we being dishonest about it in public. Either way, it breeds angst and distrust with the fans over the issue, and there is a ton of injury weariness as it relates to LMJ specially with this organization.
halfastros81
AG
Astros front office has been pretty darned good over the past 8-10 yrs . I know the people have turned over but the evidence is a consistently competitive team which no one could seriously argue hasn't been the case. Results are the end product of good decisions. To say the results haven't been extremely positive is tsip level hubris.
htxag09
AG
Project Gemini said:

I think people struggle with understanding did 1) was it diagnosed wrong, or 2) are we being dishonest about it in public. Either way, it breeds angst and distrust with the fans over the issue, and there is a ton of injury weariness as it relates to LMJ specially with this organization.

Yeah. I guess I see it as #2. We know what the injuries are. We know what the timeframes are. For whatever reason it just seems like they understate them.

But, the reality is, IMO, nothing they're doing is making these injuries worse or the recoveries longer.
tjack16
AG
htxag09 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Here's a few examples of them either lying for no reason or just being terrible at their jobs.

- Yuli "slept on a pillow wrong" and was out 4 weeks in 2021
- Brantley had sore leg from Arlington turf. Day to day diagnosis and missed more than 3 weeks in 2021
- Verlander also slept weird and had sore neck. He's been out over a month
First Page Last Page
Page 1120 of 1728

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.