***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

2,567,726 Views | 48152 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by W
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
scrimp said:

Dude was 2/5 today. He's not the one to blame….

He has done well, but his presence does not protect Yordan at all. I think that's evident.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
I still just can't comprehend how you don't score a run in the 10th with your 1-4 hitters up and a free runner at 2nd
htxag09
AG
tjack16 said:

I still just can't comprehend how you don't score a run in the 10th with your 1-4 hitters up and a free runner at 2nd

First time?
tjack16
AG
htxag09 said:

tjack16 said:

First time?

Nah…. Just still mind boggling to me even though I've seen the movie 100 times
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

We put up a great fight. Those 5 pitches it took to get 3 outs were amazing theater.
All I do is Nguyen
I must say I was pleasantly surprised by Arrighetti today. I for sure thought he'd give up more than just one run.
scrimp
AG
There's probably only a dozen players in the AL that would give an opposing manager a second thought of pitching around Yordan in a situation like that. Unfortunately, we have one of those dozen sitting on the bench right now.

If your critique of Diaz is that he's not Yordan or Tucker, than I guess I don't have a response to that.
houag78
AG
Losing to the rangerettes feels like losing to the sips - I hate it!
agdaddy04
AG
As much as I hate the Rangers, their closer is 15/15. The time to win was in the 9th, but NY took the bat out of Altuves hands.
Marvin
AG
scrimp said:

There's probably only a dozen players in the AL that would give an opposing manager a second thought of pitching around Yordan in a situation like that. Unfortunately, we have one of those dozen sitting on the bench right now.

If your critic of Diaz is that he's not Yordan or Tucker, than I guess I don't have a response to that.

Ok.
linkdude
AG
Altuve's line drive also had a >.500 xBA, so more "baseball Bielak that sometimes".
Marvin
AG
linkdude said:

Altuve's line drive also had a >.500 xBA, so more "baseball Bielak that sometimes".

Yeah, plus all the hard contact that fell just foul. Had to of been four of those go against the Astros. It happens.
W
AG
big game tomorrow for tiebreaker purposes

Astros lead the series 5-4
W
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

while this is true...

the Astros' schedule after the break to September 1st is very difficult
texasaggie2015
AG
https://www.milb.com/gameday/hooks-vs-drillers/2024/07/13/749386/final/box

Miguel Ullola with 5 shutout innings. Remember the name…….
All I do is Nguyen
Halos up 2-1 top of the ninth
All I do is Nguyen
Angels win to keep us one game back!! Today wasn't a total loss
dixichkn
AG
Tuned out with all the Trump stuff going on. Knew the "beating bad teams at home" thing couldn't last forever.

At least the Halos did us a solid again. Get the series win with Ronel today please
MaxPower
We also made the playoffs last year by the hair of our chin so that shouldn't be an aspirational goal. We still have a very tough road ahead but obviously we should all be much more optimistic with how they have played the last month.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Been in vacation and without power at the house. Have tickets for the scout day, so I'll be at the juice box today for the game.

While i was at my parents house, i found these gems in my parent's house. These are folders. Unused and pristine.

~egon
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Must win today
Farmer1906
AG
"Must win"

Lololol
W
AG
Yordan matched his career high for intentional walks (9) yesterday
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

"Must win"

Lololol

Most overused term in all of sports.
linkdude
AG
bullard21k
AG
Happy draft day.

Lets not also forget the EXTRA first round pick we would have if dusty wasn't a complete moron and played diaz last year. Diaz would have easily won rookie of the year over gunner Henderson if dusty even plays him every other day and split time with maldy.

Gunner had over 200 more ABs than Diaz and similar numbers. That's nauseating we could have had 2 first round picks today and almost went to WS again.

Thanks dusty you putz

EastCoastAgNc
AG
mwm
We need "Bad" Max today.
Mathguy64
AG
W said:

Yordan matched his career high for intentional walks (9) yesterday

$10 says it's gets doubled. The strategy right now is clear. Walk him and take your chances with whoever is behind him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Is it just me or does it seem like Yordan has lost a bit of his power? Maybe it's b/c he's getting pitched around, but it seems like he's fallen off a bit. I'm sure someone can come up with some stats to quantify it.
JABQ04
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Must win today

I miss AJs handwritten line ups.
The Beef01
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Is it just me or does it seem like Yordan has lost a bit of his power? Maybe it's b/c he's getting pitched around, but it seems like he's fallen off a bit. I'm sure someone can come up with some stats to quantify it.

I think he is being pitched around b/c his exit velocity is still insanely high as the dude rips the ball through the infield regularly. He just isn't seeing good pitches right now b/c there's no consistent threat over his shoulder.
MaxPower
Latest notes from Baseball America on our first round pick:

28. Astros Tyson Lewis, SS, Millard West HS, Omaha, Neb.

We connected Lewis to the Astros on Friday, although Tommy White remains an interesting option since he's available and Houston is one of the teams most commonly tied to him. As mentioned in the previous pick, Morlando is an option for the Astros as well.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Got to walk the field and get closer to Julia.

First Page Last Page
Page 1098 of 1376

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.