***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,736,406 Views | 66705 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by All I do is Nguyen
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prosperdick said:

Nice win! I have to shamefully admit I took Chas as "my guy" to start the season. Needless to say I haven't denfended him, how could I?

My guy was Javier… now I can't hype him up
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

What happened to this guy? Looks like botox galore
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

linkdude
AG
Being that my guy is HB, if he wants to have a season opposite of 2023, I won't be mad. He's really found something with his sinker.
Sex Panther
AG
Mr.Bond said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I'm just glad to see him and looking somewhat healthy. If you're not aware of his Barstool exit and drama, I was legit worried about his well-being.
Mr.Bond
AG
Guess i missed that ordeal. Drugs or anorexia?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Why is Hader pitching up 4?

I like it here

Think it sets the tone coming off an off-day and after what happened with Abreu today.

Get your dude out there to seal up a shutout and let everyone know no more playing around.

Sounds great. Until it's a 2 run game tomorrow and Sunday and you can't use him 3 days running.

In a perfect world you give pressly a chance to show you trust him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr.Bond said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He went to rehab dealing with alcoholism and eating disorders. Takes a toll on a person.
All I do is Nguyen
Ms and strangers tied 2-2 bttm 3rd
Mr President Elect
AG
Sorry if this has already been posted, but does anybody our record with and without Abreu? Seems like we really picked up when he went down and then back to crap when he got back.
Mr President Elect
AG
W said:

Chas had 41 x-base hits last year including 22 HR's

averaged 1 x-base hit every 10 at-bats

he's fallen off a cliff in 2024
Honestly, I kept waiting on him to "return to norm" last year but he never did. He kind of got hot at the end of the previous season and never really let up. I wonder which is the real Chas?
AggiEE
Sucks regarding the mismanegment of Loperfido. Got to wait until next week for him to replace Chas (or if Tucker comes back early)
Beat40
All I do is Nguyen said:

Ms and strangers tied 2-2 bttm 3rd

I am all for the Rangers sweeping that series.
Sex Panther
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Mr.Bond said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He went to rehab dealing with alcoholism and eating disorders. Takes a toll on a person.

Guy has some serious demons. The blogs he put out toward the end and some of the responses from the other barstool guys back at him were tough
Boiling Denim
Mr President Elect said:

W said:

Chas had 41 x-base hits last year including 22 HR's

averaged 1 x-base hit every 10 at-bats

he's fallen off a cliff in 2024
Honestly, I kept waiting on him to "return to norm" last year but he never did. He kind of got hot at the end of the previous season and never really let up. I wonder which is the real Chas?

He's been in the tank literally since the day the news story broke about him and Dusty being at odds. September 8th or 9th I think.

It's a lot mental with him right now and wouldn't be surprised if he just needs a change of scenery
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Sex Panther said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Mr.Bond said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Guy has some serious demons. The blogs he put out toward the end and some of the responses from the other barstool guys back at him were tough

He seems to be doing better now that he's no longer working for them. I hope he can find enough continued success to keep going in his own
All I do is Nguyen
How is he not perma banned like that player earlier in the year?
Mathguy64
AG
The article stated they had evidence he was betting but not on baseball. The guys who took lifetime bans were betting on baseball. The players suspended a year were just betting. But MiLB players don't have the same kind of union and resources as the umpires.
Ag_07
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Why is Hader pitching up 4?

I like it here

Think it sets the tone coming off an off-day and after what happened with Abreu today.

Get your dude out there to seal up a shutout and let everyone know no more playing around.

Sounds great. Until it's a 2 run game tomorrow and Sunday and you can't use him 3 days running.

In a perfect world you give pressly a chance to show you trust him.

C'mon...

If Pressly comes in a run scores and it's a save situation and Hader pitches anyways.

Everyone ecstatic to see Abreu in the 8th and not Pressly. We'd all be flipping out shlt if Pressly came in in the 9th.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but does anybody our record with and without Abreu? Seems like we really picked up when he went down and then back to crap when he got back.

I posted it the other day. Think including tonight it is 16-10 without and 16-28 with
Life is better with a beagle
RED AG 98
AG
Twisted Helix said:

I wonder if Abreu was really as beloved and respected in the clubhouse as we were lead to believe? Not saying he wasn't, but there just seemed to be a little more urgency tonight.
I've posted something along these lines multiple times -- but he can be beloved and a great teammate and still stress the heck out of his teammates that legit want him to be successful. Both can be true. And I still contend that having a good guy be really bad is harder to deal with than a jackass that is bad that everyone wants to get sent away. This team doesn't need the added pressure of playing tight because they feel they have to be perfect to stick up for Abreu... they are professionals but it's still hard to separate and they all could see with their own eyes he was not going to get it done. I think it's a pretty massive psychological debt to carry that is now fully shed.
RED AG 98
AG
Dubon is an everyday player on this edition of the 2024 Houston Astros.
Change my mind.
_veeyah_
AG
So are we back??…….F*** YEA!!! We're back!!! Maybe….
texasaggie2015
AG
Twisted Helix said:

I wonder if Abreu was really as beloved and respected in the clubhouse as we were lead to believe? Not saying he wasn't, but there just seemed to be a little more urgency tonight.

He's one of the most liked and respected guys in the entire league. The whole situation was tough on everyone.
texasaggie2015
AG
HTownAg98 said:

This is nuts
Phrasing
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Change my mind.

Totally agree. He needs to be playing every day.
W
AG
it is strange though

Abreu was only with the team for a year and a half

was the clubhouse distraught when Yuli was let go after 7 seasons?

that should have made some folks upset
texasaggie2015
AG
He's close with a lot of the guys. Especially Bregman. They keep in touch.
Ags #1
AG
Abrue or yuli? You have to be talking about yuli right?
linkdude
AG
I would think it would be mentally exhausting trying to cover for someone "not pulling their weight"
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah, Yuli. But they're both close with a lot of the guys.

Abreu was horrible at baseball during his time here but he's a really good dude.
RED AG 98
AG
100%. They want to win and they knew they were not at their best with him in the lineup.
Pahdz
RED AG 98 said:

Change my mind.

Why he wasn't playing everyday from the onset is nuts
linkdude
AG
Everyone in front of the Astros for the third Wild Card lost today except for Minnesota, the current WC3. If we sweep Detroit we could jump a few teams.
RED AG 98
AG
Pahdz said:

RED AG 98 said:

Change my mind.

Why he wasn't playing everyday from the onset is nuts

I get he isn't the long term answer at 1B. But we don't have a long-term answer on the team right now and there's zero question in my mind he's better than anybody else we can put over there.

And if not that he certainly playing better than Chas this year.

I'd love to see us use him like we used Marwin in '17 where he plays nearly every day at multiple positions.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Whole family going to game Sunday as Father's Day present. The last time my wife went to a game with me, Brandon Backe started.
Life is better with a beagle
First Page Last Page
Page 865 of 1906

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.