***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,744,550 Views | 66730 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Marvin
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
linkdude said:

Lopes going deep off Stripling tonight

He's not starting, for some reason they chose Jake over him

(I will continue to hate on Jake because it's working)
redline248
AG
redline248 said:

Two quick comments since we're in the middle of a game:

Maybe Bregman back at cleanup is because of guys having days off yesterday and today?

Didn't everyone rave about Espada's communication in Spring?
I guessed correctly
linkdude
AG
linkdude said:

Lopes going deep off Stripling tonight
welp. Maybe a PH bomb
Beau Holder
AG
If tonight isn't too short notice, I can pass two of these on to you rather than inviting anyone else aside from the wife. Happy to do it and the least I owe with all the kindness Frio has bestowed.
linkdude
AG
Obviously not too early to scoreboard watch, while we get the A's, the Rangers play the Guardians, and the Mariners play the Royals.

Time to make some hay
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
FrioAg 00
AG
I can't seem to PM you - not going through

Let me know if you're free Wednesday. I'm swamped at work and this is a long home stand.
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

My office is right down the street and I am very tempted
I once skipped a midterm to go to Opening Day. Get your ass down there.
Life is better with a beagle
f1ghtintexasaggie
linkdude said:

Obviously not too early to scoreboard watch, while we get the A's, the Rangers play the Guardians, and the Mariners play the Royals.

Time to make some hay

Just win. If we take care of business, things will sort themselves out.
linkdude
AG
That goes without saying, just some good fortune in that someone in front of us has to lose, for wild card purposes.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Thinking about taking my kids to a game this weekend vs the Brew Crew. I'm on a 3-year, multi-stadium, win streak , and one of them has never seen the good guys lose at all. Is it too early for those pitching matchups to be out?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Why we should believe in Spencer Arrighetti?
  • Bad breaks. 36th in wOBA vs xwOBA & 20th in ERA vs xERA. Position regression is coming.
  • Above League Avg in Whiff%, K%, & Hard Hit%. Something this team needs in a big way.
  • A true 4-5 mix pitcher with above avg FB & CB spin.

Why we shouldn't believe in Spencer Arrighetti?
  • Even if his expected numbers are better than the actual, they're still below the league average.
  • He ranks 559th in Stuff+ (66). The only Astro he's ahead of is Graw Kessinger.
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I'm not spending money to see Spaghetti or Brown get lit up.
RO519
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

My office is right down the street and I am very tempted
You aint gonna work down the street forever
Big facts here. I just made the move from walking distance to MMP to the Galleria and won't be attending nearly as many games as years past.
gambochaman
AG
Sunday baseball on Roku now?

why is the MLB so dumb?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

That's one way to look at it. The other way is you are on a winning streak, and your presence could help guarantee a win.
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

The Porkchop Express said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

That's one way to look at it. The other way is you are on a winning streak, and your presence could help guarantee a win.

Or option 3...You get to spend time with your kids watching baseball so WGAF who's pitching.
bearkatag15
AG

Don't work too hard Jose
BQRyno
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Don't work too hard Jose

Ha, per day?! Dude clearly wants to make it back.
Bonnettecj1
bearkatag15 said:

Don't work too hard Jose

"More swings? Nah, **** that. I'm tired."
Sex Panther
AG
bearkatag15 said:

texasaggie2015
AG
Come on guys. Some of you genuinely want him to fail and it's obvious. I will never understand that line of thinking.

6-7 ABs against live pitching per day is a good amount. Plus hours of work in the cage and on the fields.

He's working his ass off. It's really sad what he's gone through. I hope he figures it out and contributes down the road.
linkdude
AG
Texas A&M
texasaggie2015 said:

Come on guys. Some of you genuinely want him to fail and it's obvious. I will never understand that line of thinking.

6-7 ABs against live pitching per day is a good amount. Plus hours of work in the cage and on the fields.

He's working his ass off. It's really sad what he's gone through. I hope he figures it out and contributes down the road.
I don't think that most people want him to fail. However, from my amateur opinion it seems like the sample size was large enough already to say that there's not much that he can add to the team. I'd love to be wrong....
linkdude
AG
Biggest factor IMO is out of Abreu's control. I guess we'll all see how long Singleton can stay a 105-110 wRC+ hitter. Hopefully both players can make it a tough call either way, but I would think the hedge is toward Singleton.
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

You gotta lighten up. If I want to imagine Jose Abreu embodying Jimmy Buffets lyrics to Margaritaville, showing up to BP wearing flip flops, a Hawaiian shirt and swinging a ukulele as a bat, it doesn't mean it's true. The guy was MVP a few years ago. Now he's playing rookie ball. We're going to poke fun. It's a message board. As the wisdom of many 12 step programs says, take whar you like and leave the rest.
texasaggie2015
AG
I wasn't talking about you
W
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

the 6-man is rather gutsy when you're 10 games under .500
linkdude
AG
there's some players on this list.
KCup17
AG
For as bad as we've been I don't think we are out of it. I was teetering the edge there for a bit. Really need to get the SP going and maybe getting Spaghetti some run support tonight may boost his confidence.
texasaggie2015
AG
Tim Anderson was never the same after Jose Ramirez knocked him out lol
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I wasn't talking about you

I know but you seem to be having more posts criticizing people for poking fun at people involved with the astros. Zero of us would go make fun of Jose abreu to his face. We would wish him the best. But if we want to laugh at the idea of taking 6 at bats a day in a tropical paradise, we don't need a hall monitor. Please don't take this bashing of any kind. I used to play rear guard for all things star wars on here and finally had to tell myself that I wasn't changing anyone's mind and I should just enjoy the interactions that jibe with my opinions and let the rest pass me by like clouds in the sky.
First Page Last Page
Page 555 of 1907

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.