***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,744,541 Views | 66730 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Marvin
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baez had to be one of the worst contracts out there.
texasaggie2015
AG
I don't need a hall monitor either. I can post what I want. But I appreciate the advice.

"This is a message board, let people post what they want" goes both ways.
Texaggie7nine
Getting nice and lubed up for a Spaghetti outing.
7nine
linkdude
AG
Get ready for a Singleton pimp job around the foul pole
n_touch
Texaggie7nine said:

Getting nice and lubed up for a Spaghetti outing.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I personally don't want him to fail and also understand what he's doing is simulated game action

But I have to admit also that I have zero interest in him coming back at the moment. Would it be great if he did find the fountain of youth and figure it out, sure. Do I believe that will happen, no. So do I want him coming back and disturbing what's going on currently. Sadly no.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Come on guys. Some of you genuinely want him to fail and it's obvious. I will never understand that line of thinking.

6-7 ABs against live pitching per day is a good amount. Plus hours of work in the cage and on the fields.

He's working his ass off. It's really sad what he's gone through. I hope he figures it out and contributes down the road.

You gotta lighten up. If I want to imagine Jose Abreu embodying Jimmy Buffets lyrics to Margaritaville, showing up to BP wearing flip flops, a Hawaiian shirt and swinging a ukulele as a bat, it doesn't mean it's true. The guy was MVP a few years ago. Now he's playing rookie ball. We're going to poke fun. It's a message board. As the wisdom of many 12 step programs says, take whar you like and leave the rest.
Pork I love your word smithery answers. The mental picture you painted here is fabulous.
texasaggie2015
AG
And I'm not saying he needs to be back today or tomorrow or ever. I'm just saying I hope he figures it out. I'm just not the type to kick someone while they're down but that's just me
The Porkchop Express
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Come on guys. Some of you genuinely want him to fail and it's obvious. I will never understand that line of thinking.

6-7 ABs against live pitching per day is a good amount. Plus hours of work in the cage and on the fields.

He's working his ass off. It's really sad what he's gone through. I hope he figures it out and contributes down the road.

You gotta lighten up. If I want to imagine Jose Abreu embodying Jimmy Buffets lyrics to Margaritaville, showing up to BP wearing flip flops, a Hawaiian shirt and swinging a ukulele as a bat, it doesn't mean it's true. The guy was MVP a few years ago. Now he's playing rookie ball. We're going to poke fun. It's a message board. As the wisdom of many 12 step programs says, take whar you like and leave the rest.
Pork I love your word smithery answers. The mental picture you painted here is fabulous.

Yeah I imagine there's some great AI engine out there that could dial it up pretty well. I've only ever used Bing and it stopped letting you use famous people though.
Life is better with a beagle
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ok buddy, point taken. I will stfu about your posts.
Life is better with a beagle
Project Gemini
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

And I'm not saying he needs to be back today or tomorrow or ever. I'm just saying I hope he figures it out. I'm just not the type to kick someone while they're down but that's just me

I hope he comes back in some form. Regardless of what Porkchop said, there are definitely people who seem like they want him to just be gone permanently. I feel bad for the guy and respect the hell out of him for doing this assignment to at least try to get something back. This thread is full of dicks when it comes to our players who aren't performing well and the attacks are a huge turn off. There is crap on seemingly every page, which is nothing new on this site where people **** on college kids all the time.
BayAg_14
8-2 homestand should be the goal. Have to start digging out of the hole.
Ag_07
AG
Just. Win. Series.
txags92
AG
Project Gemini said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I hope he comes back in some form. Regardless of what Porkchop said, there are definitely people who seem like they want him to just be gone permanently. I feel bad for the guy and respect the hell out of him for doing this assignment to at least try to get something back. This thread is full of dicks when it comes to our players who aren't performing well and the attacks are a huge turn off. There is crap on seemingly every page, which is nothing new on this site where people **** on college kids all the time.
Guys getting paid millions of dollars a year to play a game at a very high level hopefully are tough enough to handle a little criticism when they don't perform at the level they are being paid to perform.
Post removed:
by user
linkdude
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Where's ****ing Toro?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The team has dug themselves so deep of a hole that I don't think they can afford to even give Abreu a chance at the majors again this year. If he has enough success in FL to justify coming back, and then he comes back and lays an egg, they don't have a big division lead they can fall back on.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Where's ****ing Toro?
walking back to the dugout thankfully
Texaggie7nine
Haven't watched the past few games. When did breggy start wearing a do rag?
7nine
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Cmon blue
PoppaB05
AG
Spaghetti got screwed by blue there
Texaggie7nine
Got some spicey Spaghetti sauce tonight.
7nine
wessimo
AG
Ghetti getting it done so far
The D
AG
I really like the A's unis. Classic and sharp
Mathguy64
AG
Good first for Spaghetti.
heavens11
AG
I literally love Jose Altuve, but man it sure would be nice for him to work some counts
"It's just another corps trip boys, we'll march in behind the band"
W
AG
oppo single for Tucker
spadilly
S
Julia sounded nervous the top of the first but seems to be calmed down now. I can't imagine the adrenaline and stress/pressure for that first half inning for her. Blummer is also doing a great job to help her out.
W
AG
Astros 6th in MLB in GiDP's
astros4545
AG
spadilly said:

Julia sounded nervous the top of the first but seems to be calmed down now. I can't imagine the adrenaline and stress/pressure for that first half inning for her. Blummer is also doing a great job to help her out.

But what outfit is Kalas wearing
heavens11
AG
Yordan channeling the rest of the lineup just rolling over to set up a routine double play
"It's just another corps trip boys, we'll march in behind the band"
W
AG
the A's seem to be taking pitches

wonder if that is the game plan
Texaggie7nine
A little Spaghetti and Carrots that inning
7nine
Farmer1906
AG
Jake takes a double and a run away with his blazing speed.
First Page Last Page
Page 556 of 1907

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.