***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,796,204 Views | 35276 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by The Beef01
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I am fairly confident Presley wouldn't waive his no trade to go to a team that is openly selling

Probably not but I also think he would be happy to go somewhere where he's closing.

From I gather he hasn't been too happy here since last season.
Mr.Bond
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Saw someone ask on X earlier today "if you could add any former Astros to this team who would it be?"

My answer was Nolan Ryan or The Big Unit

Bagwell or a SP for sure. Ryan or Cole
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Sex Panther
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Anyone ever been to CWS game? I'll be in town for work and may have a night I can catch a game. Tickets are cheap!

I thought this was an insane thing to even ask but then realized you must be talking about the White Sox and not the College World Series.

I wouldn't go to a Sox game unless they were playing the Astros or someone like Shohei. Chicago has a lot of other stuff to offer. But yeah I'd go if I was in town when the Stros were there.
Mr.Bond
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Anyone ever been to CWS game? I'll be in town for work and may have a night I can catch a game. Tickets are cheap!

Went last September. Hit Wrigley, Miller and CWS all in 3 days. Ho hum stadium, upper deck is closed but their team shop is solid.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Sex Panther
AG
Good time to ask the board about Oracle Park (Giants). I will be there next week and the Cubs are in town so definitely going to catch a game. Any stadium tips or must sit areas for a first-timer?
Mathguy64
AG
How many more injuries will my teams have this year?
Farmer1906
AG
Beau Holder
AG
Sex Panther said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

I thought this was an insane thing to even ask but then realized you must be talking about the White Sox and not the College World Series.

I wouldn't go to a Sox game unless they were playing the Astros or someone like Shohei. Chicago has a lot of other stuff to offer. But yeah I'd go if I was in town when the Stros were there.

I didn't even realize until you said it.

I have ALSO been to Guaranteed Rate, for a neutral game, and quite enjoyed it.
linkdude
AG
Love that. Over/under September call up next year?
Farmer1906
AG
Under but this is great news.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yeah I couldn't remember name of their field. I should have clarified.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'd rather watch an Astros game against the Sox, even though catching a game at Wrigley is on the list. I think I'll only have one night so I can't do both.
Beau Holder
AG
They have solid sight lines and the party deck in the outfield is a good time. The team was a lot better when I went there so I'm not sure how the crowd will be, but it's worth it.
TRM
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
He was their Abreu, they're probably quietly celebrating that he won't be playing for a while
TRM
AG
I was thinking it might change the trade market.
MaxPower
One more team that could be in on Vlad. Don't see how we could outbid the Yanks or Mariners.
Mr.Bond
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I'd rather watch an Astros game against the Sox, even though catching a game at Wrigley is on the list. I think I'll only have one night so I can't do both.

No doubt

Beau Holder
AG
MaxPower said:

One more team that could be in on Vlad. Don't see how we could outbid the Yanks or Mariners.

Would love to drive up the price they need to pay though.
texasaggie2015
AG
linkdude said:

Love that. Over/under September call up next year?

He's still a ways away. They expect a demotion at some point before he puts it all together. He's very raw and their goal for him was to reach AA by the end of the year. To his credit, he's exceeding expectations.
Farmer1906
AG
MaxPower said:

Just depends on how much they'll give up. We might be more desperate and offer more.
Sex Panther
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Have you ever been to Wrigley? Love the Stros, but unless you know you'll have another opportunity to go to Wrigley sooner than later, I would choose the Cubs game in a heartbeat. It's the best stadium in America and a must visit for any fan. The atmosphere is a blast and Wrigleyville on a summer night will be hopping... The Sox are historically awful, the game will be absolutely dead, the stadium is supposed to be crap...

oh and you may get shot by a stray bullet

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/shooting-guaranteed-rate-field-white-sox-game
MaxPower
They also don't have to trade him if the offers aren't sufficient. I wouldn't even give a courtesy callback unless Matthews is included if I were them.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'm already at elevated risk being in Chicago of getting shot lol. Don't really enjoy Chicago but it's for work so…

I have been to Wrigleyville and went tot he A&M bar and watched us lose to LSU in 2012. Besides the game, it was a really cool place.
tjack16
AG
Tough day for DFW. Mavs and Rangers getting blown out
Beau Holder
AG
tjack16 said:

Hate to see it.
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

You didn't need the last word but I guess in context it helps.
All I do is Nguyen
Aggies 2-0 in Omaha for the first time ever!!!

What a time to be an Aggie baseball fan! I would totally be okay with the Astros being mediocre if the Aggies win a natty
tjack16
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Aggies 2-0 in Omaha for the first time ever!!!

What a time to be an Aggie baseball fan! I would totally be okay with the Astros being mediocre if the Aggies win a natty

What a feeling! 3 seasons of Schloss and already the top 2 seasons of all time (2022 and 2024)
Hornbeck
AG
tjack16 said:

BadAggie
AG
Neris gets the 9th with Cubs up 2 and leaves with Cubs down 1

BCEDAg
AG
Watching the Aggies win the first two games at CWS on their way to a possible natty sure makes the baseball season more enjoyable after watching the Astros the last three months.

But let's hope good fortune remains for the Ags and the Astros get to .500 and get things turned around!
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Second place... But...
BadAggie
AG
Lol

Anyways 9 back with 3.5 months left isn't insurmountable

Sure doesn't feel that way though
BadAggie
AG
33-39
7.0 games back of 3rd Wild Card spot
9.0 games back of Division lead

First Page Last Page
Page 878 of 1008

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.