***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,856,020 Views | 36422 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by BadAggie
BCEDAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadAggie said:

33-39
7.0 games back of 3rd Wild Card spot
9.0 games back of Division lead

26-20 would get us to .500. Same record since the Mexico City series versus the Rockies.

Then hopefully finish strong the last 44 games, like maybe 28-16 to finish 87-75.
Hornbeck
AG
JUST WIN DAMMIT!!!
BadAggie
AG
Any turnaround scenario at this point has to include sweeping the moribund White Sox this week, no?

Before I forget the fanbase hasn't quit yet, Saturday's game was packed, at least until Spaghetti started pitching

BadAggie
AG
https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4d27b415-4575-48de-bc51-e1190d337973/gif
Marvin
AG
Great evening in Omaha! Thought Prager might pull it off, but a fantastic effort anyway.

Shout out to the #1 Astros fan for joining us in a celebratory Jell-O shot at Rocco's after the game.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
Fun times.
Sex Panther
AG
Tennessee is smoking us
TRM
AG
Other promotions
Ag4life80
AG
When Cortez is on, he dominates. Even your Tennessee buddies
Farmer1906
AG
Ag4life80 said:

When Cortez is on, he dominates. Even your Tennessee buddies
I think he's talking about Jello shots. They're taking it way more seriously than anyone else.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3517180/a-company-in-knoxville-tennessee-called-weigels-spent-dollar50000-on-college-world-series-jello-shots-to-be-delivered-back-home-for-customers-in-tennessee

https://www.si.com/fannation/name-image-likeness/nil-news/tennessees-nil-collective-partners-with-omaha-jell-o-shot-competition-dylan9
Beau Holder
AG
No one will ever beat LSU's record from last year, it's pointless.
Farmer1906
AG
The whole thing seems off to me. It started a fun bar competition that raised a little money for food banks and morphed into this weird who can get the most rich donors to buy in bulk.
Beau Holder
AG
That's SEC mouth-breather energy for you.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The whole thing seems off to me. It started a fun bar competition that raised a little money for food banks and morphed into this weird who can get the most rich donors to buy in bulk.

Yeah, it was more just the "say you did it" thing last night. When in Rome...

texasaggie2015
AG
Good morning friends. Our Ags are one win away from playing for a natty so it's a good day.

- I'm told the JV scratch was purely precautionary and they just want him to feel 100% before his next start which will likely be later this week. Fingers crossed.

- Nothing on the trade front right now but I'm asking around this morning to see if there's anything new

- The promotions of Brice Matthews and Ethan Pecko should make you feel good about the future of the farm system under Dana Brown. This guy has a keen eye for talent.
W
AG
starting for the White Sox tonight...

a guy named Jonathan Cannon

rookie -- never heard of him
MaxPower
texasaggie2015 said:

Good morning friends. Our Ags are one win away from playing for a natty so it's a good day.

- I'm told the JV scratch was purely precautionary and they just want him to feel 100% before his next start which will likely be later this week. Fingers crossed.

- Nothing on the trade front right now but I'm asking around this morning to see if there's anything new

- The promotions of Brice Matthews and Ethan Pecko should make you feel good about the future of the farm system under Dana Brown. This guy has a keen eye for talent.
We will see if Crane just makes him trade all those guys away for rentals.
txags92
AG
W said:

You spelled Cy Young Jr wrong.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Only if he's a rookie and has an ERA of 5+
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

Nasty sweeper and solid 2 seam. Giant lefty/righty split in his small sample. Cabbage & Singleton need to be in the lineup.
RED AG 98
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Organic, impromptu super fun

Corporate, planned, scheduled, organized yeah not so much
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
I was wondering about him this morning. He was crushing FCL pitching so I figured it was only a matter of time.

That Hooks team is really interesting.
All I do is Nguyen
We knew that when we hired him. I think everyone's concern is Crane right now and how he's trying to be the Astros equivalent of Jerruh Jones
texasaggie2015
AG
I mean, it's still good to see. That's all I'm saying. I just don't like being all doom and gloom all the time
redline248
AG
Speaking of "wondering about..." What is the latest on Whitley?
All I do is Nguyen
texasaggie2015 said:

I mean, it's still good to see. That's all I'm saying. I just don't like being all doom and gloom all the time
Oh absolutely, any good news is very much welcome. Thank you for sharing
The Porkchop Express
Hornbeck said:

tjack16 said:

Tough day for DFW. Mavs and Rangers getting blown out

I've been telling you guys since January that the Rangers would miss the playoffs.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

When I do make the trip I know I'll definitely buy some… but after LSU bought 68,800 last year it's never going to be something we try to break the record for. Just a fun contest each year between those 8 schools.
Ag_07
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I just don't like being all doom and gloom all the time

The Porkchop Express
Genie appears in front of you. Says he'll grant you one of the following two scenarios.

Door #1 - Aggies win the Wednesday with a 10-0 no-hitter, then win the the NC on back-to-back no-hitters over the weekend. Astros miss the playoffs and lose 90 games

or

Door #2 - Aggies fall short in the CWS, but the Astros rally to a 100-win season and sweep the ALDS, ALCS, and WS.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Teddy Perkins
AG
Door 2.
texasaggie2015
AG
Door #2 because the future is bright with Schloss and I like their chances to win in the near future regardless of this year's outcome
Bulldog73
AG
I'm on the wrong thread for this, but #1 all day every day.
redline248
AG
I'll take the guaranteed Aggie championship. I have seen the Astros win 2.
First Page Last Page
Page 879 of 1041

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.