***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,531,511 Views | 63409 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by PrestigeWorldwideAg12
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We don't need Seattle sneaking into the WC with their pitching

It'd be pretty great to go ahead and win tonight
AggieJ2002
AG
jkag89 said:

Yep, if I were a betting man I'd find the odds for the Friars intriguing, Heck, I might take a flyer on the Tigers.

On August 6th, I got the Padres at 25-1. I am now kicking myself for only betting $40
Beat40
htxag09 said:

A buddy of mine just sent me a rumor going around an Astros facebook group that naming rates of the stadium are about to change.....

Rumor is Daikin.

Quick google shows that the Minute Maid contract was through 2032, but assume they could buy out of the remainder of it.
Well, if Daikin wants to pay for Kikuchi's contract next season...
Beat40
agproducer said:

They will be the late game moves. Would love to see Grae come in for Bregs after 3 ABs and Salazar for Caratini after 2.
Yeah - I think we're going to see this the rest of the way out. Some of the regulars will play a few innings and then turn it over to someone else.

The best way for them to see live pitching to keep sharp.
Booma94
AG
htxag09 said:

A buddy of mine just sent me a rumor going around an Astros facebook group that naming rates of the stadium are about to change.....

Rumor is Daikin.

Quick google shows that the Minute Maid contract was through 2032, but assume they could buy out of the remainder of it.
It's a joke post.
htxag09
AG
Beat40 said:

htxag09 said:

Rumor is Daikin.

With how hot the stadium has been this year.....I was thinking if they just update the cooling system haha
Chef Elko
AG
That would suck. Daikin?! That's lame af, who tf is Daikin?! For me, it will forever be The Juice Box.

Edit - If I got gotted that 's a good joke! Would be embarrassing having a refrigeration company sponsor MMP when the A/C doesn't work
htxag09
AG
Figured but don't have fb nor a member to the group so couldn't validate. So this thread was my best bet
Farmer1906
AG
I agree, but also Fangraphs is giving them a 2.8% chance of the postseason. They'll need to jump 2 of the Tigers, Royals, and Twins. They don't have tiebreakers and trail by 2.5 games with 4 to go.

Remaining Schedule:

SEA
  • @HOU
  • OAK
  • OAK
  • OAK

MIN
  • MIA
  • MIA
  • BAL
  • BAL
  • BAL

KCR
  • @WSH
  • @WSH
  • @ATL
  • @ATL
  • @ATL

DET
  • TBR
  • TBR
  • CWS
  • CWS
  • CWS

I would guess the Tigers cruise to the 5-seed. After that it gets cloudy, but even with a tough schedule, I like KCR with the 2.5 game lead.
Beat40
linkdude said:

More JHey on the timeline
Man, I've always been a fan of Heyward, but that interview makes me like him even more.

Hoping the 'Stros can win it for guys like him and JV.

One thing I heard in that interview when he was naming guys - he called Tucker King Tuck. Seems like the boys in the clubhouse must call him that. Haha.
Farmer1906
AG
I thought the same thing.

Also - King Tuck moved into 2nd in wRC+(min 200 PA) ahead of Alvarez, Witt, Ohtani, & Soto. That shin injury stole a very special season away from him. He's still a top ~25 WAR player even tho he only played 1/2 a season.
All I do is Nguyen
What's going to be hilarious is when we win tonight with a patch work lineup
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
agproducer
AG
Chef Elko said:

That would suck. Daikin?! That's lame af, who tf is Daikin?! For me, it will forever be The Juice Box.

Edit - If I got gotted that 's a good joke! Would be embarrassing having a refrigeration company sponsor MMP when the A/C doesn't work
It could be the Ice box or Hot Box -- depending on if the A/C was working!
jkag89
All I do is Nguyen said:

What's going to be hilarious is when we win tonight with a patch work lineup
This afternoon. 1:10 first pitch.
FrioAg 00
AG
FWIW, the naming rights for the stadium are definitely going to change. MM isn't trying to keep it.

But I've seen the price, and it doesn't make sense for anything other than a national or international consumer brand. You're paying no for far too many non-Houston and non-Texan eyeballs if those don't benefit you.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I thought the same thing.

Also - King Tuck moved into 2nd in wRC+(min 200 PA) ahead of Alvarez, Witt, Ohtani, & Soto. That shin injury stole a very special season away from him. He's still a top ~25 WAR player even tho he only played 1/2 a season.
I know man. Sucks for him. Don't think he would have been in the MVP race with what Judge and Whitt are doing, but it would have been a very special Astros season.
Hornbeck
AG
I was there Opening day, 2000. It will always be Enron Field to me. I was also at the last regular season game in 99, they gave away little tin Astrodomes.
Texaggie7nine
htxag09 said:

Beat40 said:

htxag09 said:

Rumor is Daikin.

With how hot the stadium has been this year.....I was thinking if they just update the cooling system haha
They can name it whatever they want if they can make it under 90 degrees in there. Jeez. I like to get tickets in the Ultra Club Patio from time to time, but holy hell it's like a sauna up there.
7nine
HTownAg98

Interesting to see what the rotation will be for the wild card series.
bearkatag15
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Interesting to see what the rotation will be for the wild card series.
Framber game one then Brown game 2... Kikuchi game 3 if needed.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
FrioAg 00
AG
My guess is

Fram
Hunter
Koochi (if necessary)

You can't afford to lose the WC series because you're trying to line up the division series pitching.

Ag_07
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

htxag09 said:

Beat40 said:

htxag09 said:

Rumor is Daikin.

They can name it whatever they want if they can make it under 90 degrees in there. Jeez. I like to get tickets in the Ultra Club Patio from time to time, but holy hell it's like a sauna up there.

We typically grab club level tickets because it's the best option with young kids.

But just last weekend we used their buddies tickets and opted to skip the upgrade and sit in the 300s.

Never again. Hot as shlt. You should never leave an indoor game with swamp ass.
Hornbeck
AG
You'd think Crane could afford a few window units….
cone
AG
boys time to dust off those heart rate bpm apps

we're going to need screenshots
RED AG 98
AG
Framber
Hunter
Kikuchi
HTownAg98
Hornbeck said:

Didn't I read somewhere on this thread that A/C upgrades are planned after the season is over?
tjack16
AG
Wild to think when we acquired him, nobody imagined Kikuchi would be the #3 starter in the playoffs
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Prosperdick
AG
jkag89 said:

Yep, if I were a betting man I'd find the odds for the Friars intriguing, Heck, I might take a flyer on the Tigers.
Yeah I thought the same thing but just coming out of the NL will be a tall task for any team so perhaps that's factored into the odds.
BayAg_14
Everything from here on out is gravy. Let's see if we can get hot and make a run.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

We aren't the only ones dealing with late season injuries...
tjack16
AG
So it went from "the Astros dodged a bullet" to "if we lose Yordan then guys will need to step up"

So tired of this injury saga and either misleading the fans or being too quick to diagnose.
agproducer
AG
Yordan landed hard on his knee on a slide. It's bruised, swollen and tight -- would be my guess. He's likely just getting some extra rest. I have a feeling that if the games truly mattered, he would play.

Hopefully, the time off won't screw up his timing for the WC.
Booma94
AG
Hornbeck said:

Crane spends money on talent, but when it comes to the stadium it seems he throws nickels around like manhole covers. The lack of little things like an adequate number of TVs on the main concourse to watch the game while waiting in line to buy overpriced concessions never ceases to amaze me. TVs are cheap and it would be a minor cost to improve the fan experience, but judging by the limited number you'd think each tv cost as much as a bar of gold.

I'm thankful he does spend on players because it created the current run of success which is the ultimate fan experience, but in many ways the fan experience in the stadium is an afterthought for the organization.
Ag_07
AG
I'm gonna disagree with you here

MMP has aged very well. Crane has added quite a few features including the CF redo, Michelob Club, Gallagher Club, Xfinity Club, ribbon boards, LED lights, and place and pay beverage stations.

Seems like they're always adding to the fan experience.

Concessions at any sporting event are ridiculous so I won't bag on Crane for that. It is nice that each fan is allowed a gallon ziploc to bring in food and snacks if you don't wanna pay for the concessions.
First Page Last Page
Page 1791 of 1812

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.