So who will the Ranger fans boo

13,709 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by fc2112
TexasAggiesWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Who or what will the Astros fans boo next?
tjack16
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

Minute Maid park
PatriotAg02
AG
What a backfire
Player To Be Named Later
wiggythump
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

Lmao, they literally cheered when that curveball got close to Adolis's head. Adolis shut them up reallllllllll quick.
tjack16
AG
It's like when teams boo Altuve and he owns them.

Garcia is doing that the last 24 hours
AgRyan04
They weren't cheering....they were sarcastically encouraging him to go hot head
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
pimplepopper
AG
Sounded like booing to me a minutes ago.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agent-maroon
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

Gawd so much butt hurt on this thread. As an Astros fan it's glorious. Just admit it Ranger fan, tonight was crushing. I mean….absolutely soul destroying. Right? It's where most of us live with Aggie football, so I'm familiar with the neighborhood. Astros have provided the only sports joy I've known for the last several years. Sucks you haven't had that. It shows.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gaius Rufus
No dog in this fight, but there really is nothing better in the world than watching dermdoc run away from a thread faster than he ran away from claiming he fired an employee for voting for Obama.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

No dog in this fight, but there really is nothing better in the world than watching dermdoc run away from a thread faster than he ran away from claiming he fired an employee for voting for Obama.
Dude spammed premium all year to brag about the Astros. I hope he's having a good night.
wiggythump
AG
dermdoc said:

Next?
Probably going to be booing the Phillies/Diamondbacks next. Enjoy your winter.
wiggythump
AG
Barnyard96 said:

wiggythump
AG
annie88 said:

wiggythump said:

Obnoxious, arrogant, act like the whole world is against them when in reality they've done nothing but make themselves the villain.

I'll give it to the the Astros, it's been a hell of a run and been amazing baseball to watch. But the run is and will always be tainted by the cheating scandal. Plus the running around acting like a permanent victimhoom mentality is getting really annoying.

You don't have to like us, but you don't have to act like the frustrated younger sister.
TexasAggiesWin
S
BOOOOOOO-MMMMM
rangerdanger
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

Derm is my favorite troll all time on this site.
tjack16
AG
Congrats rangers fans. Enjoy the ride

I have a feeling a 2024 playoff rematch is in store
Gaius Rufus
rangerdanger said:

Gaius Rufus said:

Derm is my favorite troll all time on this site.

I will always be partial to Notafraid.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Is there a doctor in the house?
91AggieLawyer
AG
annie88 said:

wiggythump said:

Obnoxious, arrogant, act like the whole world is against them when in reality they've done nothing but make themselves the villain.

I'll give it to the the Astros, it's been a hell of a run and been amazing baseball to watch. But the run is and will always be tainted by the cheating scandal. Plus the running around acting like a permanent victimhoom mentality is getting really annoying.
Permanent victimhood mentality? What planet do you live on?

It's taken decades for the Astros to get where they are and I know that because I have watched them for decades. We're not arrogant, we're not an obnoxious. It's called hard work and talent.

It's only been a decade since we were 100+ loss team. You are either very young, don't have a good sense of baseball history, or are just bitter.

You don't have to like us, but you don't have to act like the frustrated younger sister either.

Jealousy is a really ugly color dude.

If you want to talk about arrogant fan bases look no further than the Dodgers, the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Annie, as you probably know, you and I agree on just about everything. I mean, I can't find too many things on other boards we disagree on. But here, you couldn't be more wrong.

I've grown up with the Astros and being around their fans. My G-father listened to Astros games via radio in his front yard because they were around a decade before the Rangers and he never saw fit to change allegiance. He lived in Central Texas his whole life, so it was a wash. I visited the Dome in the mid '70s and got on the field. Hell, even had an Astros cap as a souvenir. It wasn't until the last decade and a half or so and watching how Astros fans and Houston in general that I've formed an opinion on that franchise. Maybe it was then that things started changing, I don't know.

But the things I've heard -- a lot from WAY too many Aggies, it seems -- from Astros fans makes me sick. As I said, judging by a lot of comments, you'd think they were the Yankees, pre-2000s Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers, Celtics, Lakers, and Canadians (and whatever other premier championship winning franchise you could come up with) all rolled into one. They've had a good run as of late, but its TWO titles with one tainted, that with a REAL commissioner would have been stripped. None of the fans cared; none of the fans said, yeah, that's not a good thing. They said, "everyone else did it, so f-off." And you allege the fans aren't arrogant? Excuse me?

To make matters worse, they accuse Rangers fans of being everything THEY are. I'm not defending anyone obnoxious. Every fan base has idiots. I wish they'd all go away, Rangers fans included. But your last statement proves my point: to even put the Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox in any discussion with the Astros is beyond stupid. Those franchises have decade after decade of winning titles, even if only division and pennants. Like it or not, the Rangers and Astros are far more similar in results than they are different. The Rangers were one OUT -- actually a simple caught fly ball -- away from a title in 2011. They missed it and didn't get it; OK, that counts certainly. No title. Hopefully, they'll win one this year. But until last year, considering the tainted Astros title (and it WAS tainted regardless of how you or any other homer wants to think of it), that makes both franchises pretty close, don't you think? Especially given the Astros have a decade on the Rangers, at least in Texas. The Senators were pretty much a joke.

I'm around Rangers fans CONSTANTLY. Arrogant? More like "don't tase me bro" (or whatever) syndrome. Weak manager this and bullpen sucks that. Jon Daniel (or is it Daniels, I can't even recall for sure) -- mention that name around DFW and you better hope your home insurance is paid for. Mention Rangers and World Series and you'll get laughed at. So when I hear Astros fans bash Rangers fans for what the Astros really are, I just shake my head. This responds to your point in the way that arrogance includes creating a false narrative. Its called delusion.

So yeah, the comment you responded to was pretty much spot on and your response didn't quite make it. First time I've seen you miss something as you're a hell of a writer/commenter, but I think you let your emotions get the best of you. Love 'ya anyway.
KCup17
AG
My guess is Bryce Harper
chick79
AG
You're embarrassing yourself dermdoc.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
dermdoc said:

Next?

Hello from the future
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
annie88 said:

wiggythump said:

Permanent victimhood mentality? What planet do you live on?

It's taken decades for the Astros to get where they are and I know that because I have watched them for decades. We're not arrogant, we're not an obnoxious. It's called hard work and talent.

It's only been a decade since we were 100+ loss team. You are either very young, don't have a good sense of baseball history, or are just bitter.

You don't have to like us, but you don't have to act like the frustrated younger sister either.

Jealousy is a really ugly color dude.

If you want to talk about arrogant fan bases look no further than the Dodgers, the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Jealous of what? HAHAH gobble gobble
Swollen Thumb
AG
agent-maroon said:

Swollen Thumb said:

Gawd so much butt hurt on this thread. As an Astros fan it's glorious. Just admit it Ranger fan, tonight was crushing. I mean….absolutely soul destroying. Right? It's where most of us live with Aggie football, so I'm familiar with the neighborhood. Astros have provided the only sports joy I've known for the last several years. Sucks you haven't had that. It shows.

I'm here for it. Actually very happy for y'all. You all clearly need some victory in your life. Again, it shows. We've done the WS several times. I'm not even mad.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Ah, bless your heart. I'm sorry your hero isn't the hero you think he is.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
agent-maroon
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

agent-maroon said:

Swollen Thumb said:

I'm here for it. Actually very happy for y'all. You all clearly need some victory in your life. Again, it shows. We've done the WS several times. I'm not even mad.

Weak, weak attempt to appear noble, but everybody knows that it wasn't your thumb that was swollen after your 5th game post.
Swollen Thumb
AG
agent-maroon said:

Swollen Thumb said:

agent-maroon said:

Swollen Thumb said:

Weak, weak attempt to appear noble, but everybody knows that it wasn't your thumb that was swollen after your 5th game post.
I guess.....I mean my 5th game post was about the absolute butt hurt reaction from Ranger fans immediately going to the cheat card, etc rather than just tipping the cap. Talk about weak. By contrast, I'm tipping my cap. Rangers are a good squad and came through when it mattered. Sucks the Stros couldn't find the magic (again), but in reality I'm surprised they made it to game 7 of their 7th straight ALCS. As fans, judging from reactions in both in wins and losses, you all clearly needed this. So enjoy it!
SA-AG72
AG
National League all the way!
SA-AG72
AG
SA-AG72 said:

National League all the way!

I have never gotten over moving the Astros to the American League.
Barnyard96
AG
Those titles didnt help at all?
SA-AG72
AG
Barnyard96 said:

Those titles didnt help at all?

No intiendo. Splain it Lucy.
Eike Mlko
annie88 said:

Second video - The Astros superfan who collected all the data.... still says - "that he found the fewest instances during Altuve's at-bats of trash can banging". Fewest cheating moments still equals cheating though.

No, it doesn't. It doesn't prove that Altuve was even listening to it or knew what it was.

What hot garbage.

The fact that people are still talking about this bull**** six years later is just pathetic. At the time I thought they should've named names. And I still hold of that.

It's not fair to others to get dragged down with that.

Then you add an all the other signs stealing, and bull**** things that were going on around the league that nobody cares about.

If he wasn't cheating, but he knew about others cheating, yet didn't say anything, he is just as guilty. It's pretty simple.
AgBandsman
AG
dermdoc said:

wiggythump said:

dermdoc said:

wiggythump said:

Rangers live rent free in your head

I love it as long as the Astros win.

I have a large head.

Astros fans are nearly as insufferable as Philadelphia Fans. And that's really saying something.

Wonder why we bother you so much?
Because you're fanbase is worse than Longhorn and Alabama fans combined. You have the worst, most arrogant, trashiest, classless fan base in all of sports. That's why.

And that's what made this Rangers's victory soooo sweeeeeet. Gig 'Em.
Barnyard96
AG
I'm a lifelong Astros fan and have put two kids through the Aggie band. Am I classless and trashy?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.