*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,168,315 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Water Boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't remember Woodward having a massive talent advantage over the rest of MLB and getting a fully guaranteed long term contract.
rbtexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I was speaking strictly in terms of on-field results
Jimbo Franchione
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Michael Cera Palin said:

After the intensity of those playoff games, the level of apathy I feel watching this is astounding. I genuinely think this football program will never win the National Championship and I genuinely don't care at this point. It ain't my money they're wasting


Yep. I'm thinking "why buy him out?" He deserves to watch every minute of it. We should give $75M to endow scholarships.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Slided bread
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
StoneCold99 said:

Today is our penance for the World Series. I'll take it 100x.
Could be worse. Could be from Housotn.
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chills
cmiller00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/rangers-injuries-and-roster-moves?partnerID=mlbapp-iOS_article-share

Heaney, Leclerc back in Texas for '24
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else left the score notification on their phone since Wednesday?
The Brazos Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgBQ-00 said:




Was Cookie Monster on that drone?
Bobaloo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BassCowboy33 said:

Bobaloo said:

JD…Have a friend who knows him. Dude was pulling for the Rays when the playoffs started.
Duh, it's the team he works for. It would be kinda weird if he didn't.


Still a failed GM…Deserves 0 credit for 2023.
hawk1689
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bobaloo said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Bobaloo said:

JD…Have a friend who knows him. Dude was pulling for the Rays when the playoffs started.
Duh, it's the team he works for. It would be kinda weird if he didn't.


Still a failed GM…Deserves 0 credit for 2023.


Not sure why you think that. He was involved with the moves that shaped 90% of this roster. He more so than anybody put the Rangers on the map with two pennant winning teams. Not sure why so many people were quick to **** on him.
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scoring Question.

Eovaldi is credited with the win in Game 5.

He pitched 6 innings and the game was tied 0-0 after 6. In the top of the 7th, we score 1 run, and Chapman comes in to pitch, starting in the bottom of the 7th.

I thought the winning pitcher had to pitch in the same inning in which the ultimate lead is taken in order to be credited with the win? Or is this some sort of extension of the "ineffective reliever" clause for Chapman?
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Scoring Question.

Eovaldi is credited with the win in Game 5.

He pitched 6 innings and the game was tied 0-0 after 6. In the top of the 7th, we score 1 run, and Chapman comes in to pitch, starting in the bottom of the 7th.

I thought the winning pitcher had to pitch in the same inning in which the ultimate lead is taken in order to be credited with the win? Or is this some sort of extension of the "ineffective reliever" clause for Chapman?


Eovaldi was the pitcher of record when the run was scored. Theoretically, he could have come back and pitched so he gets the win.
Double Talkin' Jive...
FireAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In that situation, I believe it's scorer's discretion…
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

GreasenUSA said:

Scoring Question.

Eovaldi is credited with the win in Game 5.

He pitched 6 innings and the game was tied 0-0 after 6. In the top of the 7th, we score 1 run, and Chapman comes in to pitch, starting in the bottom of the 7th.

I thought the winning pitcher had to pitch in the same inning in which the ultimate lead is taken in order to be credited with the win? Or is this some sort of extension of the "ineffective reliever" clause for Chapman?


Eovaldi was the pitcher of record when the run was scored. Theoretically, he could have come back and pitched so he gets the win.
That makes sense, but for some reason I thought the pitcher of record had to pitch in the same inning when the run was scored. Glad he was credited with the win!
Coppell97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We were visitor. He was pitcher of record when we scored. He pitched bottom of the 6th. Then we came up to bat and scored in the top of 7th. New pitcher then came in bottom of the 7th. If we didn't score top of 7th, Eovaldi would not have gotten the win.

Another example. If we are home team, And starting pitcher pitches to top of the 6th, and we don't score in bottom of sixth. New pitcher pitches the 7th. Then we score bottom of 7th. The reliever is pitcher of record and will get win if we hold on.
Coppell97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In Major League Baseball, the winning pitcher is defined as the pitcher who last pitched prior to the half-inning when his team maintains the lead that it never relinquishes.

There are two exceptions to this rule. The first is that a starting pitcher must complete a minimum of five innings to earn a win. Failure to do so results in the ineligibility to be the winning pitcher, even if he last pitched prior to the half-inning when he maintains his team's lead. The official scorer awards the win to the relief pitcher who, in the official scorer's judgment, was the most effective.

The second exception applies if the relief pitcher who last pitched prior to the half-inning when the winning team took the lead the last time was "ineffective in a brief appearance" in the official scorer's judgment, in which case the win is awarded to the succeeding relief pitcher who, in the official scorer's judgment, was the most effective.
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rankings are since 2012, he has 2019 Nationals as the toughest playoff run and the Rangers as second toughest
petebaker
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Cappo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Roger Kint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm so thankful for the Rangers right now. What a run!
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy8phntLkTK/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
beagle2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG




WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow! Nathaniel Lowe went from defensive liability to a gold glove winner. Impressive!
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is freaking awesome!!!
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What a special season. They all deserve it
bigcat22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Wow! Nathaniel Lowe went from defensive liability to a gold glove winner. Impressive!


He was a Silver Slugger last year and a current finalist this year. Dude had some rough ABs in the playoffs but he's been a solid player. I've also been wondering if his mom's health effected his mentality down the stretch this year.
shack009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bigcat22 said:

WestTexasAg said:

Wow! Nathaniel Lowe went from defensive liability to a gold glove winner. Impressive!


He was a Silver Slugger last year and a current finalist this year. Dude had some rough ABs in the playoffs but he's been a solid player. I've also been wondering if his mom's health effected his mentality down the stretch this year.


It was easy to be overly critical of him when he was hitting towards the top of the lineup for most of the year. But if he gives you the same season long numbers and defensive first base from the bottom of order (where he hit in the playoffs), you are thrilled with that.
Dwb22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Something crazy about Lowe: his batting average was 40 points lower than 2022 but his OBP was 2 points higher. Walked at an insane clip and generally had a great approach minus some ugly ABs here and there. I think he can reasonable give us ~.285, ~20 homers, great D and a lot of walks next year
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope they bring back A-Rod, Papi, and Jeter. Great combination of insight and personality.
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you were not watching the Cowboy game in the D/FW area yesterday, Fox 4 played this.

petebaker
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Corporal Punishment
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

I hope they bring back A-Rod, Papi, and Jeter. Great combination of insight and personality.

Overall they were solid but Papi's clown act and ESL beat me down. Jeter was A+.
Jimmy McNulty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought Jeter was really really good. Great insight and very professional.
First Page Last Page
Page 1158 of 1160
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.