*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,231,655 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Killin Me Smalls
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Well I didn't get into the action until page 3, but I've got this for y'all. Decided against running it on a loop down here in Katy.

That's the most impressive thing I've ever seen! Bravo!
agent-maroon
AG
That's awesome! Is it real?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
joshpettett
AG
94chem said:

Michael Cera Palin said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Not sure about everyone else, but I am sure I am not alone in this.

In the top of the 9th when that ball passed the AZ CF I got (obviously) extremely excited and loved that we had some cushion on the lead. However when Semien knocked that ball out I was jumping up and down, fist pumping, and pacing the room.

Then in the bottom of the 9th, I got giddy at each of the first two outs. The 3rd out, however, just had me shell shocked and not jumping or fist pumping. I was just basking in it and a good old sports tear was shed. I had already gotten out all of my excitement in the top of the ninth and the bottom of the ninth was just surreal.

For me I actually remained really quiet throughout the entire rally. Had some fist pumps and pacing around but I was so scarred from 2011 and 2015 I truly couldn't bring myself to accept the win until that final strike. Once it was over I gave my fiance the biggest hug ever and started sports crying. She has now jokingly told me she's going to be very upset if I happy cry for the Rangers but not on our wedding day

She'll get over it.

Yep.
Mine got over a "Da-da-da, da-da-da" in the middle of our ceremony. Forgot I had my phone in my pocket. A march madness update.
(She knew who she was marrying)
aggietony2010
AG
agent-maroon said:

That's awesome! Is it real?

Yep. My kids had a blast celebrating in the driveway while it played on loop for 15 minutes so I could film it.
GrapevineAg
AG
Thanks for sharing this one! My son was just talking the other day about how Altuve looks like a little kid when he holds the iPad.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I wouldn't mind finding one of these though I'm guessing they won't be for sale.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Baw said:

Feel emotionally hungover. Definitely gave out a good sports cry after the final out. Anyone that was a fan in 2011 deserves this. Glad I can forget about game 6 forever

Still remember standing in front of the tv, crouched with hands on knees when trying to get that last out in 2011, then just staring at the floor for a bit after the ball off the wall. Have never watched the tense part of a game involving one of my teams like that ever again. Will stand and pace like crazy tho. Lots of that this past month. I've been one steps-getting mofo
sincereag
Tksymm7 said:

The two areas that I am most worried about heading into this season are bullpen and infield defense. I think that bullpen is average as the day is long. They have hardly any velo outside of Johnathan Hernandez. The good thing is that they can go out and get bullpen guys at any time.

The infield defense, especially on the left side has me worried. Seager is an average at best defensive short stop, and Jung profiles as an average third baseman, especially from an arm strength perspective. It will really help to have Smith and Duran on the team because I think of both of them as plus fielders, especially in the infield.

I keep seeing this post on page 1 and I know it's hindsight, but Seager and Jung showed they are the best defensive infielders on the left side in MLB. The Rangers only had 57 errors all season long which is a new record.
ChoppinDs40
AG
https://store.barstoolsports.com/products/tx-world-champions-imperial-rope-hat

beatlesphan
AG
Anyone else just enjoy a nice stress free evening knowing we are already CHAMPS?! Feels like I've been on edge for a month now
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WestTexasAg
AG
beatlesphan said:

Anyone else just enjoy a nice stress free evening knowing we are already CHAMPS?! Feels like I've been on edge for a month now
Yes indeed! I actually went to the Tech/TCU game here in Lubbock. Didn't give a rat's ass who won. Zero stress.
Grapesoda2525
beatlesphan said:

I love this team and I love baseball, but I'm so glad it's over and we won. It's been exhausting for those of us who have watched over 150+ games.
WestTexasAg
AG
What if I told you dudes a month ago that not only are we going to win the World Series, but the bullpen would be a big part of us winning it and Josh Sborz would cruise through a relatively stress free final 7 outs to save it?

Congrats to all of you my fellow World Champion Ranger fans!
Mr Gigem
AG
beagle2009 said:

KT 90 said:

fc2112 said:

Oh yeah - before we move on...

CHECK-IN for everyone who posted on Page 1 of this thread and were here for the duration. I was there on Page 1 and there on Opening Day to watch deGrom start this thing.

Page 1, post #6

Page 1, post #5

Page 1, post #1
MrCoachEricTaylor
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

IN for the best season we've seen in a long time!!

Am I a wizard??

ETA: page 2 post 24, BUT before first pitch of game 1
nai06
AG
This might be the only time I see this happen in my lifetime so that means I am justified on spending dumb amounts of money right?

I thought I would make one big order with MLB shop and now I just started looking at the different stuff Rallyhouse has.
Silvertaps
AG
Questions in regards to commemorative tickets:

I briefly looked on Rangers.com and didn't see a link to order…is it still possible to purchase?
If so, is it just a generic ticket, or a copy of the actual seat you were in?
petebaker
Arizona pitched to Seager with a runner on bc Adolis Garcia was on deck in Game 3
Pick your poison?
This Rangers post season lineup were power hitters

Any Ace pitcher was having to press and pray
joshpettett
AG
WestTexasAg said:

What if I told you dudes a month ago that not only are we going to win the World Series, but the bullpen would be a big part of us winning it and Josh Sborz would cruise through a relatively stress free final 7 outs to save it?

Relatively stress free? Compared to what, hostage negotiations?

We had a 1-0 lead for 4 of those 7 outs, and a guy on base the final out of both the 7th and 8th innings.
fc2112
ChoppinDs40 said:

https://store.barstoolsports.com/products/tx-world-champions-imperial-rope-hat

Bobaloo
Much to be said about this team but few mention the leather flashed by the good guys. This is a very good defensive team. Whenever a big play was necessary, one of our guys delivered. Just look at the games in Zona. Adolis throwing a dart to nail a runner at home. Seager making a tough double play on a rocket at a critical juncture. Jankowski with an impossible catch as Marcus is bearing down on him. Contrast with the boots made by the DBacks 1b and CF just when they need to make a play. It is awesome to see old fashioned defense make a difference.
fc2112
I did mention it a few pages back. One of the three "pillars" of this team, as decided in Spring Training, was to "dominate the fundamentals". And it started with the example set by Seager and Semien.

Go early to a game and watch each of those guys take about a thousand ground balls - every day. That's the kind of dedication to fundamentals not seen around here since A Rod played here.

The Ranger had the third fewest error of any team for a 163 game season era. It was historically good defense.
Grapesoda2525
Bobaloo said:

Much to be said about this team but few mention the leather flashed by the good guys. This is a very good defensive team. Whenever a big play was necessary, one of our guys delivered. Just look at the games in Zona. Adolis throwing a dart to nail a runner at home. Seager making a tough double play on a rocket at a critical juncture. Jankowski with an impossible catch as Marcus is bearing down on him. Contrast with the boots made by the DBacks 1b and CF just when they need to make a play. It is awesome to see old fashioned defense make a difference.
Happened in the Houston / Baltimore series too. Some total web gems.
sburg2007
Silvertaps said:

Questions in regards to commemorative tickets:

I briefly looked on Rangers.com and didn't see a link to order…is it still possible to purchase?
If so, is it just a generic ticket, or a copy of the actual seat you were in?
I bought one yesterday but, the website changed today. I customized my seat number. I will see if I can find a link on receipt for you. They were $15 each.
nai06
AG
I'm at the parade right now and it's a zoo. Looks like most lots were open all night. People are tailgating and knocking back the beers already
Mr Gigem
AG
nai06 said:

I'm at the parade right now and it's a zoo. Looks like most lots were open all night. People are tailgating and knocking back the beers already

I got to the ballpark at 6:45 this morning and there will THOUSANDS of people already out there
The Brazos Kid
May have already been asked but will there be a live stream of parade or on BSSW?
beatlesphan
AG
Y'all post some pics please! I'm on my way to Oxford to ?hopefully ?maybe btho Ole Miss
nai06
AG
I figured it would be busy but this is wild. Soooo many people here and almost everyone is in a good mood
Mr Gigem
AG
almost everyone? How in the world could anyone be upset right now?
nai06
AG
There's still plenty of space along the route on the north side of RBiA near Holtz Lake. The Starbucks near the home plate entrance is open and has bathrooms
nai06
AG
Already saw someone screaming at a lot attendant because a lot was full.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I'm headed out there but waiting on my twins to take a test at school before pulling them out. I have a feeling this won't work out very well.
AgBQ-00
AG
News saying they are expecting ~250K folks to be there.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
joshpettett said:

WestTexasAg said:

Relatively stress free? Compared to what, hostage negotiations?

We had a 1-0 lead for 4 of those 7 outs, and a guy on base the final out of both the 7th and 8th innings.

Relative to innings 1-5 for one thing.
First Page Last Page
Page 1150 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.