*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,057 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fc2112 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Pg 1.

And with 17,102 posts on this Forum...
Is that really a silent cry for help?
I think so.

No baseball tonight.
Danny Vermin
I'll be honest, im completely exhausted from the stress of this past month. Now it's time to stress over the Cowboys and Stars.
DeangeloVickers
AG
PatriotAg02
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

"Garver hits a piss missile"

CampingAg
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

CampingAg said:

Also from a psychological standpoint I feel like subconsciously we all knew the ALCS was our WS. Compare it to 2004. Red Sox come back from down 0-3 vs. the Yankees and then it's the mighty…Colorado Rockies? Even though beating the Rockies gave them their first WS in a hundred years, those fans probably remember and talk about the LCS more.

The Red Sox swept the Cards in 2004. The Rockies were swept in 2007. But that is a good point.

However, I'm not sure we would ha e felt that way if we lost to AZ. We would be frustrated that it was still out of reach.
Dang you're right. But yeah same point still. It's like we both spent our emotional energy in the LCS and the WS is like let's just have fun and see what happens. And it was never really in (that much) doubt.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Answerbacks to voicemail hahaha
fc2112
Adolis Garcia partying last night

Player To Be Named Later
AG
What in the world am I going to watch on TV tonight,?
Danny Vermin
The Stars since they will be the next team to win a Championship this season.
AgBQ-00
AG
MLB Tonight?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Didn't know they were on tonight. Problem solved
AggieRob93
AG
Recording "Path to the Pennant" playing right now on MLB network, then will record the replay of game 5 which follows.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The last AB was one of my favorite moments of the night, and not just because it was the last out. It was the two absolutely filthy backdoor breaking balls for called strikes. The first one caused Pham to whip his head back to look at Sborz like "what the **** was that???" That thing was SHARP.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

And he has a very large head.

How large? Bochy's hat size is widely said to be 8 1/8 inches, though ESPN's baseball encyclopedia Tim Kurkjian has reported it to be 8 1/4. In any case, Bochy's hat size is, quite literally, off the charts: The official MLB team shops don't offer sizes above an 8.

Yes, Bruce Bochy has a very large head

Found a connection with Bochy just now. The biggest ball cap with a "World Championship 2023" patch I could find was 2 sizes smaller than my own.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Not sure about everyone else, but I am sure I am not alone in this.

In the top of the 9th when that ball passed the AZ CF I got (obviously) extremely excited and loved that we had some cushion on the lead. However when Semien knocked that ball out I was jumping up and down, fist pumping, and pacing the room.

Then in the bottom of the 9th, I got giddy at each of the first two outs. The 3rd out, however, just had me shell shocked and not jumping or fist pumping. I was just basking in it and a good old sports tear was shed. I had already gotten out all of my excitement in the top of the ninth and the bottom of the ninth was just surreal.

For me I actually remained really quiet throughout the entire rally. Had some fist pumps and pacing around but I was so scarred from 2011 and 2015 I truly couldn't bring myself to accept the win until that final strike. Once it was over I gave my fiance the biggest hug ever and started sports crying. She has now jokingly told me she's going to be very upset if I happy cry for the Rangers but not on our wedding day
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I didn't tear up at the time, but I ended up tearing up seeing highlights and reaction videos of kids and spouses filming their dads and husbands reacting.

My wife told me she was surprised I didn't have a bigger reaction, but by the time we won I was emotionally exhausted.
KT 90
AG
fc2112 said:

Oh yeah - before we move on...

CHECK-IN for everyone who posted on Page 1 of this thread and were here for the duration. I was there on Page 1 and there on Opening Day to watch deGrom start this thing.

Page 1, post #6
94chem
Michael Cera Palin said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Not sure about everyone else, but I am sure I am not alone in this.

In the top of the 9th when that ball passed the AZ CF I got (obviously) extremely excited and loved that we had some cushion on the lead. However when Semien knocked that ball out I was jumping up and down, fist pumping, and pacing the room.

Then in the bottom of the 9th, I got giddy at each of the first two outs. The 3rd out, however, just had me shell shocked and not jumping or fist pumping. I was just basking in it and a good old sports tear was shed. I had already gotten out all of my excitement in the top of the ninth and the bottom of the ninth was just surreal.

For me I actually remained really quiet throughout the entire rally. Had some fist pumps and pacing around but I was so scarred from 2011 and 2015 I truly couldn't bring myself to accept the win until that final strike. Once it was over I gave my fiance the biggest hug ever and started sports crying. She has now jokingly told me she's going to be very upset if I happy cry for the Rangers but not on our wedding day

She'll get over it.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
EllisCoAg
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

This seems appropriate from page 1
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
bert harbinson
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Recording "Path to the Pennant" playing right now on MLB network, then will record the replay of game 5 which follows.

Watching replay now, and no Smoltz.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
bert harbinson said:

AggieRob93 said:

Watching replay now, and no Smoltz.

I'd love to find a video of the game with Nadel's broadcast instead
KT 90
AG
Anybody have the scoop on where to find a jersey with the World Series patch on it? MLBSHOP and Fanatics are mostly gone, except for a few players that they still have a Small size available that you can order.

My college kid and my high school are both wanting one, but an adult small isn't going to get it. Are there other sites out there? Or just wait for them to get more available?

beagle2009
AG
KT 90 said:

fc2112 said:

CHECK-IN for everyone who posted on Page 1 of this thread and were here for the duration. I was there on Page 1 and there on Opening Day to watch deGrom start this thing.

Page 1, post #6

Page 1, post #5
rbtexan
S
fc2112 said:

Page 1. Very first reply on the thread.
Jimbo Franchione
beagle2009
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I'll be honest, im completely exhausted from the stress of this past month. Now it's time to stress over the Cowboys and Stars.

For real. It's been an incredible ride but I am in serious need of a detox. Not used to boozing like this during the week, lol. I am physically and emotionally spent. Wouldn't have it any other way, though.
zgolfz85
AG
beagle2009 said:

Danny Vermin said:

For real. It's been an incredible ride but I am in serious need of a detox. Not used to boozing like this during the week, lol. I am physically and emotionally spent. Wouldn't have it any other way, though.

same. I had all the drinks last night especially. Painfully hungover, but worth it
Roll the Bones
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

And he has a very large head.

How large? Bochy's hat size is widely said to be 8 1/8 inches, though ESPN's baseball encyclopedia Tim Kurkjian has reported it to be 8 1/4. In any case, Bochy's hat size is, quite literally, off the charts: The official MLB team shops don't offer sizes above an 8.

Yes, Bruce Bochy has a very large head

Found a connection with Bochy just now. The biggest ball cap with a "World Championship 2023" patch I could find was 2 sizes smaller than my own.

I feel your pain. Most adjustable "one size fits all" caps are to small for my head. Gotta buy from damnyougotabigasshead.com
sburg2007
That you jimbo?
chickencoupe16
AG
I've lurked here for a while and finally made some posts this post-season but everyone sharing their memories of the Rangers and watching the "Season of Dreams" video got me.

My first name is Ryan after some pitcher you probably haven't heard of who retired just a month or so after I was born. My earliest memories of the Rangers are as a really young child watching games in my parent's bed on the very much not-flat-screen tv hung on the wall. Every now and then, I'd ask Dad who they were playing and then I'd root for whoever it was just to get under his skin. I'm sure someone put me up to it in the beginning and I carried on with it, but I don't remember. I do remember I never really wanted that. Rusty Greer, Pudge, and Juan Gonzales are the earliest names I remember.

Mom was a nurse for Medical Center of Arlington and would work the aid stations at the Ballpark in Arlington and the family would get free tickets. This was the early 2000s and our seats were always in front of Hank's Homies, just left of the visitor's bullpen. There were plenty of times we were going once a week, even to the day games. A bunch of you have mentioned how hot Arlington Stadium was; I don't know, but I've melted more than a few times at the Ballpark. But it was awesome; we'd watch the game for a few innings, go visit Mom in the aid station, grab some Dip N Dots on the way back to the seats, have dinner at the Rawlings All American Grill every now and then. Mom died in '05 and we stopped going as much. Thinking about it tonight I really wish I could make the walk from those seats up to that aid station again...

2010 really brought me back, 2011 crushed me just like it did everyone else, and then college+JFF+Toronto led to another hiatus. When the Rangers signed deGrom, I set up game alerts on my phone as a way to get myself back into baseball but I never expected this. I also didn't expect all of the memories of past seasons to be this strong.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

I feel your pain. Most adjustable "one size fits all" caps are to small for my head. Gotta buy from damnyougotabigasshead.com
Right? I can't even get the "one size fits all" caps to snap in the back, much less fit comfortably.

And you got me with the damnyougotabigasshead.com Very disappointed to find out that it isn't a real website...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Baw
AG
Feel emotionally hungover. Definitely gave out a good sports cry after the final out. Anyone that was a fan in 2011 deserves this. Glad I can forget about game 6 forever
DallasAg 94
chickencoupe16 said:

I've lurked here for a while and finally made some posts this post-season but everyone sharing their memories of the Rangers and watching the "Season of Dreams" video got me.

My first name is Ryan after some pitcher you probably haven't heard of who retired just a month or so after I was born. My earliest memories of the Rangers are as a really young child watching games in my parent's bed on the very much not-flat-screen tv hung on the wall. Every now and then, I'd ask Dad who they were playing and then I'd root for whoever it was just to get under his skin. I'm sure someone put me up to it in the beginning and I carried on with it, but I don't remember. I do remember I never really wanted that. Rusty Greer, Pudge, and Juan Gonzales are the earliest names I remember.

Mom was a nurse for Medical Center of Arlington and would work the aid stations at the Ballpark in Arlington and the family would get free tickets. This was the early 2000s and our seats were always in front of Hank's Homies, just left of the visitor's bullpen. There were plenty of times we were going once a week, even to the day games. A bunch of you have mentioned how hot Arlington Stadium was; I don't know, but I've melted more than a few times at the Ballpark. But it was awesome; we'd watch the game for a few innings, go visit Mom in the aid station, grab some Dip N Dots on the way back to the seats, have dinner at the Rawlings All American Grill every now and then. Mom died in '05 and we stopped going as much. Thinking about it tonight I really wish I could make the walk from those seats up to that aid station again...

2010 really brought me back, 2011 crushed me just like it did everyone else, and then college+JFF+Toronto led to another hiatus. When the Rangers signed deGrom, I set up game alerts on my phone as a way to get myself back into baseball but I never expected this. I also didn't expect all of the memories of past seasons to be this strong.
Drese?

Great story.
chickencoupe16
AG
Nah, just some Nolan guy!
Baby Billy
AG
TefIon Don
AG
Absolute gold.
First Page Last Page
Page 1149 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.