*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,833 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
GrapevineAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those are some freezing cold takes right there - well done!
Bones08
AG
So top 3 moments from the playoff run? I'm thinking...

3) Adolis grand slam in game 6 of the ALCS
2) Semien home run last night (basically when the "this is actually happening" started to set in)
1) Seager game tying home run in game 1 of WS
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I love the "Steve Cohen's still the richest owner in the sport" while flashing a s*** eating grin. How'd all that money work out? I'm glad he is since he's paying two pitchers north $60 million to not play for his team next year.
Grapesoda2525
Bones08 said:

2) Semien home run last night (basically when the "this is actually happening" started to set in)
Mine will be recording the last out of game 7 of the ALCS.

What a long and epic battle that series was and we won it. The real World Series ended up being the ALCS. We were just fighting over who got to beat up on Arizona.
Grapesoda2525
birdman
I haven't seen it mentioned but I'm thrilled for Mike Maddux. He is baseball lifer and never won a World Series as player or coach. He came close with Rangers in 2011.

He was absolutely choked up after the game.
fc2112
Quincey P. Morris said:

I love the "Steve Cohen's still the richest owner in the sport" while flashing a s*** eating grin. How'd all that money work out? I'm glad he is since he's paying two pitchers north $60 million to not play for his team next year.
I love how Ray Davis is up there last night looking like a greeter at Walmart instead of a multibillionaire.
ElephantRider
AG
fc2112 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

I love how Ray Davis is up there last night looking like a greeter at Walmart instead of a multibillionaire.
Ray Davis wants no part of the spotlight
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

The response to any fan that says we bought this championship is that every championship is bought to an extent. However, more teams bought a loser. Maybe not in overall record but there is only one winner. The Braves, Astros, Phillies, etc all TRIED to buy a WS team and they all failed. Sure, Baltimore bought theirs by losing for years and stockpiling draft picks. It cost them gate revenue and marketing revenue. The Rays spend prospect capital like it's going out of style (and how they manage to continue to have prospects baffles me) and they can't get over the hump.

This is an era of free agency and no one has drafted a championship in probably ever. The Rangers just made the right moves (for the most part) Seager being the best of all the Shortstops that went on the market the last few years.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The vast majority running that line are either Astros fans or sports writers from the northeast still pissed that deGrom chose Texas.
Yellerjacket
ElephantRider said:

fc2112 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

He has a ranch up in Denison a couple of miles from my parents. I think he moved up there when he "retired" to be out of the limelight. I know a couple of people who say they used to see him at a local cafe getting breakfast from time to time. Other than that, I think he just goes from his ranch to the airport and that's about it.
PuroAg07
AG
twilly said:

In the Bottom of the 9th, my heart was beating faster than a kid pounding the Arlington Stadium aluminum bleachers with the free full size Rangers bat given out on Bat Night.
Banging on the bleachers and looking forward to every Steve "BOOOO"chele at bat. I still have mine. My kids now use it for tennis ball BP in the back yard.
DannyDuberstein
AG
A little surprised Bob Simpson wasn't more visible, although i think a rough divorce has made him a smaller minority owner than he used to be
fightintxag13
AG
https://www.youtube.com/live/AORFIivvoyE?si=Wysrkiqpbcuv0pEP&t=11065

Oh my gosh this caller on last night's postgame show on The Fan was freaking hilarious!! I cried from laughing so hard at this guy!

"A couple things. First off...I'm seven beers in...and 5 shots."
petebaker
During the Astros series it looked like some Angels in the outfield was happening

A home run off the edge of the glove a fumbled ground at 1st

Last night Corey Seager hit a ball with the blunt end top of the bat to empty left infield
justnobody79
does anybody have Nadel's call of the top of the 9th, or just Semien's HR?
ChoppinDs40
AG
IVE BEEN A FAN SINCE 2021

ONE LAST THING... THE MAVERICKS WON
Grapesoda2525

Mavs fans definitely got their moneys worth on their tickets last night.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
justnobody79 said:

Start this at the 23:00 mark for the late inning radio call highlights
PatAg
AG
justnobody79 said:

oooo good call, I'd like to hear those
Grapesoda2525

The scary thing for other teams is it's the worst kept secret in the Rangers organization that Langford is better than Carter.

fc2112
DannyDuberstein said:

A little surprised Bob Simpson wasn't more visible, although i think a rough divorce has made him a smaller minority owner than he used to be
Hard to tell who owns what anymore - they're very closed mouthed.

Executives listed here - and you can find some nice people way down the page.

https://www.mlb.com/rangers/team/front-office
ChoppinDs40
AG
that may be but I'd tap the brakes on that for now. What Carter did in this post-season has elevated him to absolute new heights. He got on base in all 17 games and made some absolutely HUGE plays that turned games around. His double in the 8th to get Seager to 3rd. His catch vs. Houston. Homer vs. Tampa.

His fingerprints were all over this post-season.

What's great is EVERYONE contributed in big moments. Even Leody (homer vs. Verlander, catch of Yordan's HR).
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Grapesoda2525
PatAg
AG

This is pretty cool, I kinda want one of those hats
fc2112
Grapesoda2525 said:

My favorite thing about this team is in there:

Quote:

And they especially dominated the fundamentals. While the other two ideals necessitated only effort, dominating the fundamentals took an attention to detail few teams emphasize. The Rangers fixated on limiting errors after committing 96 in 2022. They followed the lead of Semien, who for the fourth consecutive full season played every game and did so because, he said, inactivity stimulates sloppiness. Texas made only 57 errors, the third-fewest by a team in major league history.
akm91
AG
I'm so happy for Michael Young, Ian Kinsler to be able to see the Rangers win the WS!
DallasAg 94
ElephantRider said:

fc2112 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

Probably because when he gets the spotlight... people think he is a Wal*Mart greeter.
nai06
AG
PuroAg07 said:

twilly said:

In the Bottom of the 9th, my heart was beating faster than a kid pounding the Arlington Stadium aluminum bleachers with the free full size Rangers bat given out on Bat Night.
Banging on the bleachers and looking forward to every Steve "BOOOO"chele at bat. I still have mine. My kids now use it for tennis ball BP in the back yard.

This post made me go look for some of mine. Still wild to me that they used to just give these out at the games.

jteagle
AG
Been watching replays and highlights all day. The most impressive thing that I noticed is that literally EVERYBODY on the team contributed throughout the post-season. Hitting, defense, starting pitching, relief pitching, it was all there. Truly a team effort.
Daveintx
I hope Chuck Greenberg got to celebrate..... somewhat hated it when the ownership team kicked him to the curb

At some point the celebration needs to include a throw back to the early 90's "if the house is rockin" intro they did before every game on TV
birdman
Bones08 said:

1) Seager homer in Game 1
2) Garcia gunning down Walker in Game 3
3) The single in 9th combined with error
Seven Costanza
AG
I really am a strange person. I'm probably alone in this, but my sports watching is somehow more about the journey and the hope and anticipation rather than the actual winning. It's about following the games, looking at the future, "What do they need to win the division/league/conference? What is the playoff situation looking like? What are the matchups going to be? Could they win the division? Could they win this round/next round/championship? How are things lining up for next year?" Then when they win, I'm like "Cool", shrug, and move on to the next thing.
jteagle
AG
John Smoltz this morning,
"but who's going to pitch game 7 for the Rangers?"
First Page Last Page
Page 1147 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.