*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,839 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
KNM2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://x.com/****bsbplyrssay/status/1720106510083117421?s=46&t=mKXFv_Ypwcsjkll9SH6z8w

Dang link won't work because of sh** in the handle.
AgGrad99
AG
Could that have been any more timely?

It's so crazy how that switch flipped, out of nowhere.

It definitely made it exciting throughout, because I rarely thought a lead was safe.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

2. That weak-ass bullpen turned out to be our savior in the end... I still want Will Smith DFA'd two days ago, but damn...those guys came through when no one outside of Bochy had faith in them...
This will never ever ever make sense to me.

They cost us so many games throughout the season, only to show out in the playoffs. I mean...there were so many occasions throughout the year, where if they could just get one more strike, we win the division in the end. But now, it doesnt even matter...they balled out when we needed them.

It's awesome, but makes zero sense.

What does make sense is that the bullpen, and the pitchers in it, evolved throughout the season. I think it was Trevor Plouffe on Talkin Baseball last night that said a bullpen is a living, breathing thing. That was definitely the story of our pen. The guys we trusted earlier in the season couldn't be trusted at the end. And the guys we had little faith in (I'm looking at you Josh Norz and Jose LeClerc) were almost automatic. Chapman didn't change at all, though.
DeangeloVickers
AG
KNM2020
AG
Just some old tweets for some good laughs

Aggies2009
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Could that have been any more timely?

It's so crazy how that switch flipped, out of nowhere.

It definitely made it exciting throughout, because I rarely thought a lead was safe.
That's baseball. Happens all the time that things just fall into place for a team. In this case, the Rangers were unlucky during the season and it worked out for them in the postseason.

And yeah, think about the Rangers bullpen in the playoffs during big moments-

-Held a 3-2 lead against Baltimore
-Held a 2-0 lead against Houston
-Held a 5-2 lead vs Houston (let it get to 5-4 but held)
-Blew a 4-2 lead vs Houston, Leclerc being the culprit
-Kept a 5-3 game close enough vs Arizona to come back in the 9th and win in the 11th. Held them scoreless for 6.1 innings and gave up only 2 hits over that stretchh
-Held a 3-0 lead vs Arizona, only letting them make it 3-1
-Held a 1-0 and 5-0 lead vs Arizona to clinch

Not to mention the times they held big leads like the 11-1 lead in game 4, but that's expected.
Disco Stu
AG
I still have the game used bat that Curtis Wilkerson handed to me after he finished taking BP some time in 1984. I am a lifelong Rangers fan, I turned 50 at the trade deadline this year. While I was confident going into the series against the Diamondbacks, I am still in a bit of disbelief in what I saw last night! Just amazed that they finally have a WS banner to hang.
fc2112
From someone who has been a season ticket holder for over a decade, I didn't really cry or scream or any of that.

I'm just relieved that now Game 6 from 2011 DOES. NOT. MATTER. ANYMORE.
fc2112
walton91
Parade route, sorry if already posted
caleblyn
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

2. That weak-ass bullpen turned out to be our savior in the end... I still want Will Smith DFA'd two days ago, but damn...those guys came through when no one outside of Bochy had faith in them...
This will never ever ever make sense to me.

They cost us so many games throughout the season, only to show out in the playoffs. I mean...there were so many occasions throughout the year, where if they could just get one more strike, we win the division in the end. But now, it doesnt even matter...they balled out when we needed them.

It's awesome, but makes zero sense.
It's all about confidence. During the season, when the bullpen was struggling, teams were drooling at the opportunity to hit against them. Once the started was pulled, opponents confidence sky-rocketed.

Post-season, the script flipped. We were confident and opponents were not.
akm91
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

I got a little emotional when we went up 3-0 in the top of the 9th. When Semien hit the home run to make it 5-0, I lost it, tears and all. I knew we had FINALLY won. A little part of me thought it's still not over (especially after 2011 G6), but I knew that was finally put to bed with the Semien slam.

Best sports moment of my life, and nothing really even comes close.
Definitely ranks up there for me but #1 will always be Miracle on Ice followed by the 8 gold medals Phelps won in '08.
Michael Cera Palin
AG

Wow
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
walton91 said:

Parade route, sorry if already posted

That is the route but. Check the link I posted earlier. Rangers website says 12:15 start time.

Mr Gigem
AG
Parade Info

KNM2020
AG
How ironic:

MSFC Aggie
AG
Did last night really happen, or am I still asleep and dreaming?
fc2112
I can almost walk to this parade and nope I'll just be watching from home.
Mr Gigem
AG
It happened. Enjoy this moment.

Get out to the parade early tomorrow and yell your ass off for these guys
KNM2020
AG
Roll the Bones
AG
Teslag said:

Sphere in a Vegas last night

Thanks for the new wallpaper!

KNM2020
AG

Okay this is funny
KNM2020
AG
walton91
Who knew Jonah Heim's dad played for the Rangers in the 70s
KNM2020
AG

And he can barely buy a beer, just insane man.
hawk1689
AG
I'm just here to claim my contribution to the winning effort. I have this gift that when I legitimately talk **** about a player, they immediately begin performing well. I lambasted the team for using Sborz late in the season. That guy was nails in the playoff. Probably deserves honorable mention for MVP.
DeangeloVickers
AG
PatAg
AG
MSFC Aggie
AG
walton91 said:

Who knew Jonah Heim's dad played for the Rangers in the 70s

I love those jerseys
petebaker
We're kinda like the movie Major League
Get beat up to end the regular season to lose our division and decide to win the whole thing
Garcia was our Cerano
Chapman and Sborz was wild thing
Bochy and Maddux were Skipper and pitching coach

We're the butt of jokes in MLB but actually had talent and some young players who were unknown
Evan Carter could play outfield and run the bases

We go get Max Scherzer and he gives us his all until he injured himself
Jankowski has to come in after Garcia pulls his back swinging for the fences and can't play and break open Game 4

Creed Higher is our locker room montage soundtrack when we want to stop the losing streak
AggieRob93
AG
Talk in the last 24 hours or so of this thread has been the overall solid play by the bullpen regulars, namely Sborz and LeClerc.

I was done with both of them back in late August, which had been compounded by the efforts of Smith and Chapman.

I think LeClerc gained some new found confidence going into the playoffs.
For Sborz, I think it was said he had been dealing with some injury for a large part of the year, so he was placed on the IL in early September and was reinstated that last week of the same month. Don't know if it was physical rehab, rest, a mental adjustment, or all three, but he really nailed it in the playoffs. It was awesome to see him come into games in the postseason and pretty much lock down the batters he faced.

The bullpen we all feared would show its face in the postseason based on the regular season was quite a strength for this club in the end, and for the players, Bochy, and Maddux, they executed their respective tasks to near perfection.
Proposition Joe
B#t$h Garver has been B#t$h Garver in my rooting for months.
PatAg
AG
CoppellAg93
AG
Grapesoda2525
I still vaguely remember watching the rangers first playoff games in Yankees stadium in the early 90's as a kid. I remember the giants pitching staff shutting us down and choking us out like an anaconda attacks its prey in 2010. I remember the last second collapses in St. Louis in 2011.

I remember the Banister / Odor led rangers getting pantsed by the Blue jays in 2015-2016. I remember the rebuild that for awhile didn't seem to be working or coming together.

I remember the Dodgers winning a championship in our stadium.

THEN…..

I remember the rangers signing semien and Seager. Then Degrom. Then Eovaldi. Then Heaney.

I remember the rangers bringing in Bruce Bochy.

After all that, everything just seemed to finally come together and click at the right time. I'll admit that I thought we were done after game 5 of the ALCS, but the team went to Houston and emphatically kicked their ass.

This has been a season to remember. Even if we get more World Series championships, it probably won't feel better than our first. Enjoy every second of it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1146 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.